Mikiesboy

48 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i have to say, i have never heard this one before:

bildungsroman Audio pronunciation

noun | BIL-doonks-roh-mahn

Definition

:
a novel about the moral and psychological growth of the main character

what a great word! i'm now running through a list of books i have read trying to apply this word to them 😀

thanks!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Brayon said:

Someone strangle me please.

This class, Introduction to Sociology, has been the hardest yet. Mainly, because I'm struggling to understand this material. UGH!!! I discussed this class with my Therapist at my visit Wednesday, and I will quote her, "Sociology sucks, and most theories are out of date or just plain wrong. Psychology is better and easier to understand."

Venting done for now... now to disappear while I try to get this crap taken care of.

Well, best of luck with that, A. I know you'll get through it.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends I’m sorry I had to be away this evening but I had a medical emergency. My brother thought he had a heart attack. Went to Emergency Room and things are better we are waiting till am so the Heart Doctor can put in 2  stents one is blocked at 78% and the other is blocked at 80%. He is resting fine they gave him some meds to relax. I just wish they gave me some so I can rest. So I’m waiting till am. 

So everyone have a good night

rick

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother's condition. I will keep him in thoughts today as he undergoes surgery. Take care of yourself, Rick.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

It's my annual trek to Cheyenne Frontier Days today. I have season seats. They're great seats: under the overhang, out of the sun and rain, positioned right above the bull chutes, perfect vantage point. I debated going this time, sean not being with me, but I rounded up a friend to accompany me who isn't into rodeos but is into cowboys (who isn't?) So that's where I'll be today.

I wish you all a good day. I'll check in here and there.

i hope You have a wonderful day, Sir.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

It's my annual trek to Cheyenne Frontier Days today. I have season seats. They're great seats: under the overhang, out of the sun and rain, positioned right above the bull chutes, perfect vantage point. I debated going this time, sean not being with me, but I rounded up a friend to accompany me who isn't into rodeos but is into cowboys (who isn't?) So that's where I'll be today.

I wish you all a good day. I'll check in here and there.

Enjoy yourselves!

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning Sirs and DiC friends

long day in the dentist's treatment room yesterday. hope everyone has a good day today

I have been blessed with good teeth. Have them all except that few one pr*ck knocked out while I was a cop.  That was a joy. Having gone through sessions of this with tim ...I hope your recovery is quick one.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, MichaelS36 said:

I have been blessed with good teeth. Have them all except that few one pr*ck knocked out while I was a cop.  That was a joy. Having gone through sessions of this with tim ...I hope your recovery is quick one.

thank You Michael Sir. i slept most of yesterday, today there's some annoying throbbing & i'm hungry.  i can't remember if i finish up in 2 or 3 weeks, then it'll all be over.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

good morning Sir’s and friends

this long night is finally over. My brother is out of surgery and doing much better. Everything went well I’m very relieved. Just checking in and I’m going to bed I have been up most of the night. So Thanks to everyone that sent good wishes.

rick

That is good news, rick.  Get some rest, you and your brother will need it.

• Like 4

Just now, MichaelS36 said:

That is good news, rick.  Get some rest, you and your brother will need it.

Michael Sir, thank you I had 2 things I needed to do before I could rest. 

Thank You Michael Sir

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

Michael Sir, thank you I had 2 things I needed to do before I could rest. 

Thank You Michael Sir

you're welcome.  Now, please do as I ask.  Be kind to yourself, and rest. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thank You Michael Sir. i slept most of yesterday, today there's some annoying throbbing & i'm hungry.  i can't remember if i finish up in 2 or 3 weeks, then it'll all be over.

If you tire of soup, oatmeal, eggs … keep a few cans of Ensure around.  They are useful in this temporary situation. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i have to say, i have never heard this one before:

bildungsroman Audio pronunciation

noun | BIL-doonks-roh-mahn

Definition

:
a novel about the moral and psychological growth of the main character

Bildungsroman is the combination of two German words: Bildung, meaning "education," and Roman, meaning "novel." Fittingly, a bildungsroman is a novel that deals with the formative years of the main character, and in particular, with the character's psychological development and moral education. The bildungsroman usually ends on a positive note, with the hero's foolish mistakes and painful disappointments over, and a life of usefulness ahead. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's late 18th-century work Wilhelm Meisters Lehrjahre (Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship) is often cited as the classic example of a bildungsroman. Though the term is primarily applied to novels, in recent years some English speakers have begun to apply it to films that deal with a youthful character's coming-of-age.

What a word this is. Even listening to the pronunciation over and over won’t stop me from tripping over my tongue trying to say it myself. :thumbup:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hey, everybody. Out at my aunt’s summer place today. Little island on a lake. 25°C in the water. Heaven in this heat.

spacer.png

Also, this is Loke. He’s a lapphund and he wishes you all a good day! And so do I. :) 

spacer.png

He's is lovely.. bring one back for me...

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hey, everybody. Out at my aunt’s summer place today. Little island on a lake. 25°C in the water. Heaven in this heat.

Also, this is Loke. He’s a lapphund and he wishes you all a good day! And so do I. :) 

Lake looks lovely.  Hope you enjoy yourself

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

The lake looks wonderful and the pup is super cute! Enjoy your day, Thorn. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

If you tire of soup, oatmeal, eggs … keep a few cans of Ensure around.  They are useful in this temporary situation. 

added to the list, thank You Sir

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

glad you are having a good day!

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..