The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

29 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends - the garbage I kicked to the curb is back I will be back in a few minutes I need to take it back to the curb. 

oh rick, i'm sorry

18 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends 

it’s a wonder what alcohol will do for some people. I’m back and the garbage has finally been kicked to the curb. 

good for you rick!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Hi everybody! 

Today was a good day over here.  I took a "field trip" to assess someone at the hospital for admission.  It fell to me because literally everyone else was on vacation and I at least have behavioral health expertise (An issue for this potential resident) 

Then I took my dad and step mom to red lobster for my dad's birthday. It was good though my dad made 3 passive aggressive comments about my brother and tried to get me to talk politics.  I did not give in on either.  

Now I'm lounging and debating if I earned some ice cream. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hi everybody! 

Today was a good day over here.  I took a "field trip" to assess someone at the hospital for admission.  It fell to me because literally everyone else was on vacation and I at least have behavioral health expertise (An issue for this potential resident) 

Then I took my dad and step mom to red lobster for my dad's birthday. It was good though my dad made 3 passive aggressive comments about my brother and tried to get me to talk politics.  I did not give in on either.  

I'd say yes to the ice cream if I could.  Had watermelon instead.  But, I'd say you earned it. 

• Love 5

3 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hi everybody! 

Yes to ice cream but have you ever had frozen grapes? Just as filling or freeze some bananas in the skin and mash them and it’s just like ice cream 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hi everybody! 

sounds like quite a day, i'd say a dish of ice cream is in order Starry 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I'd say yes to the ice cream if I could.  Had watermelon instead.  But, I'd say you earned it. 

Michael Sir 

i have a question we all fight here at family gatherings do you salt your watermelon? Me never had never will

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Michael Sir 

i have a question we all fight here at family gatherings do you salt your watermelon? Me never had never will

I salt, because that's how I was raised. But, some in the family uses sugar.

• Wow 3

3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Michael Sir 

no we just eat it as it is

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, Starrynight22 said:

It's funny. I love watermelon flavor but the texture I can't do.  The fibery feel is just a NOPE for me. But I've had it strained in a juice and it's delicious. 

I love the Watermelon fruit, but can't stand anything that is "watermelon" flavored. Like candy and kool-aid.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

5 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

It's funny. I love watermelon flavor but the texture I can't do.  The fibery feel is just a NOPE for me. But I've had it strained in a juice and it's delicious. 

the Mexican market in town makes a wonderful watermelon agua fresca, so refreshing!

6 minutes ago, Brayon said:

I love the Watermelon fruit, but can't stand anything that is "watermelon" flavored. Like candy and kool-aid.

😮 i would horde the watermelon Jolly Ranchers had no idea there was a kool-aid with that flavor

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Sirs and friends 

I need to get to bed. My wish is everyone have a great night and a great Saturday. I will not be in DiC chat on Saturday as that I have a catering job to do with brother in law - set up / cook / take down 250- 500 people we are cooking almost 250 lbs of cod for a fish fry. I’m the head fryer / gopher - so everyone take care.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I like watermelon, but will only eat the seedless kind. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

😮 i would horde the watermelon Jolly Ranchers had no idea there was a kool-aid with that flavor

They sell it at Walmart here all the time. But it's hit or miss a lot.

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends 

I need to get to bed. My wish is everyone have a great night and a great Saturday. I will not be in DiC chat on Saturday as that I have a catering job to do with brother in law - set up / cook / take down 250- 500 people we are cooking almost 250 lbs of cod for a fish fry. I’m the head fryer / gopher - so everyone take care.

Wow, your day looks to be super busy tomorrow. Good night and happy dreams, rick. 

• Like 4

Sirs and friends 

good night rick
tomorrow does sound like a full day
sleep well, 

• Like 2

Sirs and friends 

Night rick.  Have a good day tomorrow.  Hope it all goes smoothly. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Brayon said:

i don't keep it here at the house anymore, Phil loves it too, lol!
we do keep some Jolly Ranchers in a candy dish in our break room at work though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MichaelS36 said:

Night rick.  Have a good day tomorrow.  Hope it all goes smoothly. 

Michael Sir

it should be a good time - my brother in law and I work well together and we will have fun 

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

the Mexican market in town makes a wonderful watermelon agua fresca, so refreshing!

3 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Amazon sells it as well.

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..