On My Walk To Work:

And there you were this wet morning

Pretty and yellow still alive and fighting

Growing through the broken asphalt and gravel

There in amongst all those shades of gray

A glowing beacon that made me smile

Snapdragon

i love this tim, a nice glimpse of color in a dreary day
i loved playing with snapdragons when we were kids, popping off the blossoms and making like puppets with them, Granddad would get so mad!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

This had me flashing to the pink pony. Do you know if it’s still perched in the tree? 

No, he's not there any longer sadly

• Sad 4

12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

On My Walk To Work:

And there you were this wet morning

Pretty and yellow still alive and fighting

Growing through the broken asphalt and gravel

There in amongst all those shades of gray

A glowing beacon that made me smile

Snapdragon

tim great poem I love this one

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Reader and tim a pink pony? 

Quoted from Mac. Dated September 2, 2018

There's a little pink pony toy that someone set up on a tree branch on the route that tim takes to work. Through weather and time, the pony remains there, like a small beacon of hope. We like to hear that it's still sitting on that branch, overseeing things, making tim smile. he included it in one of his poems... don't recall the name right now.

• Love 3

• Site Moderator

from @Mikiesboy June 3, 2018. This is the first reference I found of the little pink pony in the old DiC 

hehe .... excellent news... my little friend the pony.. remains on his branch as of this morning!   Made me smile.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

And yes, this is where it all started. :D 

Edit: Wow, May 11, 2018. That pony sure was up that tree for a long time, wasn’t he? 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

we just got the weather forecast for tomorrow and the high for us is 30 degrees cooler it was 90 today and 60 tomorrow talk about a change  

Not quite that cold here to the west of you, it'll be 71 tomorrow. It was 93 today so. ...... Yay Ohio. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rickproehl said:

I have always like getting a flu shot so far I have been lucky not to get sick after one. 

Honestly it was the first time it happened to me.  Normally I just a sore arm for a few days.  This year arm was fine but I Had 18 hours of feeling like I got beat up and left in a cold shower 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Honestly it was the first time it happened to me.  Normally I just a sore arm for a few days.  This year arm was fine but I Had 18 hours of feeling like I got beat up and left in a cold shower 

Hey if they want you to get either shingle shot get it in your non dominant arm. It hurts

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Not quite that cold here to the west of you, it'll be 71 tomorrow. It was 93 today so. ...... Yay Ohio. 

And just wait all the trees will turn to fall all at once .

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..