The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

7 hours ago, rickproehl said:

molly glad yours has been going good today. 
mine has been training all day and it’s “as clear as a snowstorm” everyone have a good day.

hi rick, it was OK
not horrible, but not my best day
"training" is always a crap shoot. one wonders if they couldn't just send you the power point and let you go through it at your own pace

5 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

excuse me please Sirs, and Good DiC friends - just finished supper and we just cleaned up the kitchen. we had soup beans and cornbread. 

So how has your day or evening been

we had sandwiches, i bought some nice bread and deli meats

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

we had sandwiches, i bought some nice bread and deli meats

molly - my favorite meal deli meats and cheese -  fast / easy / good and little clean up. 
if i to learn any thing new I like just playing around and checking things out. i retain more information that way. The sad thing is the trainer had a monotone voice and I had to drink coffee to keep me awake. looking forward to day 2 - different trainer. 
molly let’s hope both of our days are better than today. 

• Like 1

hello Sirs and friends
well the audit is over, we'll survive but we have some work to do
but tomorrow is the company's birthday party so we're shutting the office at 2:30 and lighting the grill and playing games
i'm going to call it a night, this has taken a lot out of me and i'm tired
have a good night everyone

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good Morning

I hope everyone has a Good day.

Here is a quote to start your day

Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses.

Focus on your character, not your reputation.

Focus on your blessings, not your misfortunes

Finally, Hi, how is your day?

rick

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good Morning

I hope everyone has a Good day.

Here is a quote to start your day

Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses.

Focus on your character, not your reputation.

Focus on your blessings, not your misfortunes

Finally, Hi, how is your day?

rick

Good morning all. My day has only been on for about an hour but so far it's pretty good.  

Today's my long day because I have to run support group tonight so I won't be off work till 8:30 I still start at 9 though.

And today is picture day at little ones preschool so hopefully this year's picture look a little better than the last ones we got where he looks very startled

• Like 5

Very long day ...  but pretty easy. Had some training and then a nice chat with our temporary manager.  So not such a bad day.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

...  So not such a bad day.

That’s good to hear we are also going thru training at work. Right now we are all so lost with all the new things. So it will be fun .

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

That’s good to hear we are also going thru training at work. Right now we are all so lost with all the new things. So it will be fun .

Oh mine was just annual refreshers for the Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada and one other i've already forgotten.  We have a bunch of these annually to do and sign/attest to. Lots of rules in Canadian Banking. Lots of rules we have to follow.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh mine was just annual refreshers for the Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada and one other i've already forgotten.  We have a bunch of these annually to do and sign/attest to. Lots of rules in Canadian Banking. Lots of rules we have to follow.

oh the banking rules and regulations we are not covered by a few but not a lot. 
Ours is a whole new billing / customer care / trouble tickets / plant records / mobile apps for the techs. It will better once we get in and use it right now it’s webinars.  The good thing is they do feed us lunch everyday. 8-5 - Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday so far.

Edited by rickproehl
Added words
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

oh the banking rules and regulations we are not covered by a few but not a lot. 
Ours is a whole new billing / customer care / trouble tickets / plant records / mobile apps for the techs. It will better once we get in and use it right now it’s webinars.  The good thing is they do feed us lunch everyday. 8-5 - Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday so far.

No you wouldn't unless you work for a bank.  Yeah new processes and platforms are a joy. Our Social Media Group is testing new social media/email platform.  It will be coming our way...

• Like 4

• Site Moderator

Good morning everyone...

Major muscle aches the past couple of days, and sadly, I didn’t notice the expiration date on my Voltaren came and went months ago.

Right now, I wish I could trade myself in for a newer model like one does with a car... *sigh* 

• Sad 5

Just now, Reader1810 said:

Good morning everyone...

Major muscle aches the past couple of days, and sadly, I didn’t notice the expiration date on my Voltaren came and went months ago.

Right now, I wish I could trade myself in for a newer model like one does with a car... *sigh* 

Awwww ... sorry you're hurting.  This weather doesn't help. A hot drink and a couple of aspirin ... then  wrap up warm and go to the store for more cream.  I use Voltaren too.  Waaaay cheaper at Costco, if you know anyone with a membership.  :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Awwww ... sorry you're hurting.  This weather doesn't help. A hot drink and a couple of aspirin ... then  wrap up warm and go to the store for more cream.  I use Voltaren too.  Waaaay cheaper at Costco, if you know anyone with a membership.  :D 

I bought more Voltaren, but it’s only working so-so because the outdated one allowed the ache to make inroads when it normally wouldn’t.  I’m no nowhere near a Costco, so went to SDM at the Sheppard Centre for Tylenol, and at least there, I can use my PC points, so I am getting a discount. Sort of...

My hands are better, but I’m not going to push it, so I won’t be online much. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I bought more Voltaren, but it’s only working so-so because the outdated one allowed the ache to make inroads when it normally wouldn’t.  I’m no nowhere near a Costco, so went to SDM at the Sheppard Centre for Tylenol, and at least there, I can use my PC points, so I am getting a discount. Sort of...

My hands are better, but I’m not going to push it, so I won’t be online much. 

i use it on my hands too ... fecking sore they have been lately... i have been wearing my gloves...  Points are good. We collect those too cuz we shop a PC stores too. You may as well, if you are spending there.  Keep warm!!

• Love 3

• Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i use it on my hands too ... fecking sore they have been lately... i have been wearing my gloves...  Points are good. We collect those too cuz we shop a PC stores too. You may as well, if you are spending there.  Keep warm!!

Didn’t have my mittens with me, unfortunately. Time to keep a pair in my jacket pocket. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Didn’t have my mittens with me, unfortunately. Time to keep a pair in my jacket pocket. 

xoxxo

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..