The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Allergies are better, joints are worse.

Weather is crazed -- we have a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for today (temp is already at or above what should be the normal high; first Severe Thunderstorm Warning has already been issued), then about 3pm a cold front moves through that will drop temps by 20F in less than an hour. Tomorrow we have a Winter Storm Watch and could have several inches of snow (all of which will melt, because it's been way too warm the last two days).

For good news, had a lovely dinner last night with SP. Just something simple but good as I still wasn't feeling my best last night, but was nice to spend some time with him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Allergies are better, joints are worse.

Weather is crazed -- we have a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for today (temp is already at or above what should be the normal high; first Severe Thunderstorm Warning has already been issued), then about 3pm a cold front moves through that will drop temps by 20F in less than an hour. Tomorrow we have a Winter Storm Watch and could have several inches of snow (all of which will melt, because it's been way too warm the last two days).

For good news, had a lovely dinner last night with SP. Just something simple but good as I still wasn't feeling my best last night, but was nice to spend some time with him.

We have our first "Severe Weather Alert" day happening. Hail, thunderstorms, tornado risk is low-ish. My manager is sending us home early.

Sorry the joints are still bad, but nice that you were able to have dinner with SP.

• Like 2

Temp has dropped from 70F @ 3pm to 43F now and thunder just woke me up.  Hip is not happy.

Dad had got moved from the hospital to skilled nursing and the Dr is happy with his progress. Pain in his knee is caused by arthritis that's been aggravated with all the recent activity.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Temp has dropped from 70F @ 3pm to 43F now and thunder just woke me up.  Hip is not happy.

Dad had got moved from the hospital to skilled nursing and the Dr is happy with his progress. Pain in his knee is caused by arthritis that's been aggravated with all the recent activity.

Fae, that is great news about your dad!
we're in the middle of very scary thunderstorms, the lightning and thunder has been intense! there's heavy rain, some hail, strong winds. 
hope everyone is having a good night.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Fae, that is great news about your dad!
we're in the middle of very scary thunderstorms, the lightning and thunder has been intense! there's heavy rain, some hail, strong winds. 
hope everyone is having a good night.

We are waiting for the Texas low... it will arrive later on … doubt we'll have thunder … right now we are having a fog warning .. I cant see a damn thing out the window

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

We are waiting for the Texas low... it will arrive later on … doubt we'll have thunder … right now we are having a fog warning .. I cant see a damn thing out the window

hello Michael Sir
as long as i don't have to drive anywhere, fog's fine, it can be beautiful even.
but this storm is awful, weather alerts keep activating on my phone. hope it's not so fierce by the time it reaches You.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Michael Sir
as long as i don't have to drive anywhere, fog's fine, it can be beautiful even.
but this storm is awful, weather alerts keep activating on my phone. hope it's not so fierce by the time it reaches You.

60 millimeters of it on frozen ground... so it will run off .. and flood places.  Gotta love weather. We are going no where. Got shit done today. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

60 millimeters of it on frozen ground... so it will run off .. and flood places.  Gotta love weather. We are going no where. Got shit done today. 

i'm sure we'll have flooding, the ground here is so baked from drought it runs off
sorry You didn't get Your usual Friday errands done, but better to stay home and be safe

• Like 3

Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

i'm sure we'll have flooding, the ground here is so baked from drought it runs off
sorry You didn't get Your usual Friday errands done, but better to stay home and be safe

We did get it done … got all our shit done today. :)    Take it easy mollypop. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

12 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Fae good news on your Dad and sorry to hear about you hip pain.

• Like 3

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good morning,  

I hope you all have a Peaceful Saturday and a productive Weekend.

spent Friday being the adult in the Family. Family Drama is not a Good Thing. It is settled for now. 

Was able to spend time with Steve at the rehab center. Steve is getting better. 

Working together we were able to reflect and refocus. 

So how is your day going?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

rain seems to have stopped, there may be a second line of storms coming
going to get ready for bed
rest well everyone

Hope there wasn't any flooding @mollyhousemouse.

I woke up [late] to a about a half-inch or so of snow on the ground. Enough to look really pretty this morning but it will all be gone by this time tomorrow and the temps are going to jump back up to their normal mid-50F range tomorrow.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Hope there wasn't any flooding @mollyhousemouse.

@Fae Briona no flooding here, thankfully. some downed tree branches around the area when i took Daughter to work though. 

52 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

I woke up [late] to a about a half-inch or so of snow on the ground. Enough to look really pretty this morning but it will all be gone by this time tomorrow and the temps are going to jump back up to their normal mid-50F range tomorrow.

it's cold, 42 F, & clear this morning. perfect day for blankets & movies.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Thanks for asking, rick.

The day is well underway. Worked out, did a few chores, now I'm at the coffee shop working at editing the next story I'm going to post on GA.

I hope your family drama cleared up.

Have a great one.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rickproehl said:

spent Friday being the adult in the Family. Family Drama is not a Good Thing. It is settled for now.

oh rick, i'm sorry you have to deal with this :hug:

Was able to spend time with Steve at the rehab center. Steve is getting better. 

that is good news indeed! 

well, so far so good the kitchen is clean, i started on the bedroom and bathroom, the upcoming week's menu is done and the grocery order is almost ready. now we're looking for a movie to watch.
How has your day been?

• Like 1

• Site Moderator

It’s been raining hard on and off all day, so I’m staying inside where it’s dry.

I hope your day continues to go well, rick. And, that goes for the rest of you lovely people as well. :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

It’s been raining hard on and off all day, so I’m staying inside where it’s dry.

I hope your day continues to go well, rick. And, that goes for the rest of you lovely people as well. :) 

we are about to get hit with the rain so did all my errands this am. spending the afternoon waiting on chili to get finished. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

Thanks for asking, rick.

The day is well underway. Worked out, did a few chores, now I'm at the coffee shop working at editing the next story I'm going to post on GA.

I hope your family drama cleared up.

Have a great one.

Wayne - can’t wait to read the next story. 
the Family Drama is 1 nephew - 2 girls and a Bible verse be fruitful and multiply. All under the age of 18. It is a cluster. So this Drama is 6 months in the making. Offered my Love and my support. 
thanks for asking everyone 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

well, so far so good the kitchen is clean, i started on the bedroom and bathroom, the upcoming week's menu is done and the grocery order is almost ready. now we're looking for a movie to watch.
How has your day been?

molly seems you have a good handle on the day. So did you find a movie yet? I just saw a ad for a TV show on Paramount Network by Ron Howard called 68 Whisky looks like MASH meets real life. The commercials looks good. 

68 Whiskey Trailer

here is the trailer

Edited by rickproehl
Added web link
  • Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..