The Drop in Centre

just told a customer about our precautions in place (signing a self declaration "I'm not sick, havent been to a hot zone etc". & a temperature scan) you know what he said?

"I'm happy to comply with whatever you have in place."

so nice to hear that

in other news, Number Two's place of employment is closed. :( management is meeting at 6 to discuss what kind of relief they can provide

24 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah, they are out in force.

I seriously have had my fill today.  Too many ..you should be jumping through hoops for me... should i you miserable f'g prick?  You think the bank wants people like you?  Try that in the branch and they will thank you and close your accounts saying your business is not wanted. Dicks.

Thankfully most people today were all thank yous and stay safe and healthy... thanks for being there, thanks for waiving my fee or interest for a few months. Thanks for deferring my mortgage and loan payments.

Just one more day this week.

good to hear that it's been mostly positive tim

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thankfully most people today were all thank yous and stay safe and healthy... thanks for being there, thanks for waiving my fee or interest for a few months. Thanks for deferring my mortgage and loan payments.

Glad to hear that, tim. I have yet to run across a self-absorbed individual, but there’s still time, I guess. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Today they said … do not see your friends, do not make play dates for your kids, do not shop after travelling to stock up … this is not social distancing.  Do not go out unless you absolutely must for food or medicine. Order groceries if you can. 

Eleven new cases in Toronto today, not related to travel, no idea where these people caught this.  Wash your hands, all the time. 

Be careful out there. 

4 cases here in Williamson County, all restaurants closed to dine in, social gatherings of more than 10 people are forbidden, including weddings, and funerals
all the delivery services here have "no contact" delivery (they text you after they put it on your door step)

i'm off to bed, good night Michael Sir
good night all
stay safe, stay healthy

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

4 cases here in Williamson County, all restaurants closed to dine in, social gatherings of more than 10 people are forbidden, including weddings, and funerals
all the delivery services here have "no contact" delivery (they text you after they put it on your door step)

good night all
stay safe, stay healthy

you, too mollypop.. stay safe.. xo

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Good Morning how are you today? i was at the local store and was able to get some hand sanitizer limit 2 bottles and was also able to find some Toilet Paper for a co worker. i felt like i hit the Lottery getting those 2 items. 

i had cabin fever so had supper with Steve. We had a quiet evening together. 

So how are things going for you?

• Like 5
9 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good night all
stay safe, stay healthy

29 cases in this state so far, one confirmed death

Classes at the University will remain online through the end of the semester.  They're encouraging all staff to work from home, if possible.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

“Due to the most recent COVID-19 epidemic, the Red Cross is providing every Canadian household with free surgical masks,” reads the message.

FYI

This message along with a link is being sent via text. It’s a scam as per local police.

They might also be trying it pretending to be the American Red  Cross, but I’m just guessing, I don’t know for sure. 

Representatives from the Canadian Red Cross also commented on this scam.

“This is not a message from Red Cross Canada & has no affiliation with Red Cross Canada,” reads a Tweet by Red Cross Digivols.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Angry 3

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

We've had a 40F drop in temp from yesterday to today, and wind gusts this morning over 30mph.  The hips are not amused.

Had  another conversation with SP last night about his spending more time here.  I think he's worrying too much about how we will adjust; I think he thinks I'm not concerned enough. I just feel that we've talked about everything we know might be an issue, and those things that pop up unexpectedly, we'll deal with as they arise.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

We've had a 40F drop in temp from yesterday to today, and wind gusts this morning over 30mph.  The hips are not amused.

Had  another conversation with SP last night about his spending more time here.  I think he's worrying too much about how we will adjust; I think he thinks I'm not concerned enough. I just feel that we've talked about everything we know might be an issue, and those things that pop up unexpectedly, we'll deal with as they arise.

Maybe asking him directly would help. "What do you feel I'm missing?" Then again, maybe it's more emotional too - something he can't articulate. You can find out, though.

Good luck. 🙂

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

those things that pop up unexpectedly, we'll deal with as they arise.

I don't know ... not everything can be pre-planned or foreseen. The unexpected, the working together to resolve things, whether you argue about it or agree from the start, are part of a relationship. 

Michael and i are a couple. No matter what, or who, we work things out. We are stronger together than apart. 

Ask SP what he means ... and as my mom always said, Start as you mean to go on.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

If anybody is looking for something to watch on Netflix ...

God's Own Country is a great gay love story.

HEAVY Yorkshire accents ... but worth trying to understand anyhow.

I figured I'd throw it out there in case you're trapped at home looking for something to do. 🙂

thanks! trapped, but working furiously right now. took a really brisk walk before lunch. the kids complained, "you didn't say a sprint Ma!" lol!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..