The Drop in Centre

Just now, Reader1810 said:

Hope not too much, tim. 

oh there has to be i bet there is a minimum of 5000 plus in the queue.. and our Contact Centres have been taking 100,000 calls a day. Double the norm.

• Wow 4
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh there has to be i bet there is a minimum of 5000 plus in the queue.. and our Contact Centres have been taking 100,000 calls a day. Double the norm.

My mom called her bank help line about a cancelled (from a week ago) charge from Amazon still showing today as pending on her cc. They’re so busy, she was told to send an email. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Wow 2
55 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

My mom called her bank help line about a cancelled (from a week ago) charge from Amazon still showing today as pending on her cc. They’re so busy, she was told to send an email. 

i'm sure the people answering email appreciate that.  .. hmmm if its still pending after three business day from the purchase date.. something hasn't updated.. all they can do is report it.. they will get around to running whatever needs running soon.

• Like 3

All four of us in my Department will be starting to work from home tomorrow.  With all travel is being ended, no speakers coming in, no supplies being used and needed to be reordered...  my workload is going to drop pretty quickly.  I might actually get caught up on things.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
36 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'm sure the people answering email appreciate that.  .. hmmm if its still pending after three business day from the purchase date.. something hasn't updated.. all they can do is report it.. they will get around to running whatever needs running soon.

Yes, nice of them to pass the buck as the saying goes. Even though she’s 86, my mom is a keener when it comes to doing stuff online (had to drag me kicking and screaming into the online banking world lol) so she’s not going to let this go until the situation is resolved. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Yes, nice of them to pass the buck as the saying goes. Even though she’s 86, my mom is a keener when it comes to doing stuff online (had to drag me kicking and screaming into the online banking world lol) so she’s not going to let this go until the situation is resolved. 

What date did she buy it?

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

What date did she buy it?

Don’t know the date, but it was about five days ago, so during the business week. Also, she cancelled the order (sanitizers and the like) the same day when she realized the products were coming from China. Though, I suppose a lot of stuff does, it’s not always so obvious. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Don’t know the date, but it was about five days ago, so during the business week. Also, she cancelled the order (sanitizers and the like) the same day when she realized the products were coming from China. Though, I suppose a lot of stuff does, it’s not always so obvious. 

If it was on Wednesday.. I would expect the pending transaction to come off tonight. Authorization are usually in place for 3 business days.. if the merchant bank doesn't post the item the authorization should drop off.  Lots of merchants do not cancel authorizations because they have to call the acquiring bank.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

If it was on Wednesday.. I would expect the pending transaction to come off tonight. Authorization are usually in place for 3 business days.. if the merchant bank doesn't post the item the authorization should drop off.  Lots of merchants do not cancel authorizations because they have to call the acquiring bank.

That makes sense. I saw a pending order on my for running shoes at Sportchek but it did eventually go through. I guess they weren’t in a hurry to get my money. 

Thanks for the explanation, tim. I figured there was nothing nefarious going on. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

hello Sirs
hey there everyone
stressful day working at home
then 2 plus hours Phil was on the phone with His IT team and His boss trying to figure out His issues
He'll be connected to the 50 in TV in our room for the time being

hope y'all have a good evening

• Like 4

Hi all.  Hope everyone is staying healthy. 

Things are going ok.  Work passed out "I'm an essential worker" letters to us all today in case we got stopped while commuting to work.  

And tomorrow I am the lucky one chosen to video conference with the psychiatrist for telemedicine for the 30+ residents in the building he prescribes for 

Wish me luck lol 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

Things are going ok.  Work passed out "I'm an essential worker" letters to us all today in case we got stopped while commuting to work.  

And tomorrow I am the lucky one chosen to video conference with the psychiatrist for telemedicine for the 30+ residents in the building he prescribes for 

Wish me luck lol 

I wish you luck, and I know you’ll do great. Hang in there, Starry. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Wish me luck lol 

You're good... you dont need it, but i wish you loads of luck!!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Today will be my first full day working at home.  SP will be 'home' [here] by noon to work the rest of the day, then will be here all day working for the foreseeable future.  Think he'll probably keep me focused on actually working.    lol

Hope everyone has a good day of work -- either at work or from home.

Thunderstorms overnight; joints ache.

• Like 5

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Good Day how is everyone?

This working from home is different. 

Right now i’m in one part of the house working and my brother is on the other side also working. WiFi /VPN is wonderful technology.

So how is everyone doing? 

Stay Safe ~ Stay Healthy ~ Check on your Neighbors ~ Be Kind

• Like 3

Seems like the longer at home the less "good" I feel. Not sick or particularly hurting with my injury, but just not me.

Guess my coworker may be right, I am just not capable of goofing off without feeling guilty. Seems like I should be accomplishing things, but a lot of the things on my "to do" list are also on my forbidden until healed list. 

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Seems like the longer at home the less "good" I feel. Not sick or particularly hurting with my injury, but just not me.

Guess my coworker may be right, I am just not capable of goofing off without feeling guilty. Seems like I should be accomplishing things, but a lot of the things on my "to do" list are also on my forbidden until healed list. 

It's not "goofing off" if you're forbidden from doing something.  🤍

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

It's not "goofing off" if you're forbidden from doing something.  🤍

Is if you are the one that continued to do barn chores and teach riding through all of chemo and most of radiation therapy. Only took the last week off work and two more till the burns healed enough to start wearing my bra again.  But then, I am also the one who was using crutches on the way into knee surgery, and walked out unaided.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
44 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Is if you are the one that continued to do barn chores and teach riding through all of chemo and most of radiation therapy. Only took the last week off work and two more till the burns healed enough to start wearing my bra again.  But then, I am also the one who was using crutches on the way into knee surgery, and walked out unaided.

Some people are born not to sit still. I’m guessing you’re one of them Kitt. Hang in there. Maybe you’ll figure out something new to keep you busy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..