Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

7 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Get dressed? To work from home? We don't need no stinking pants. LOL

Might be a tad colder in Toronto; we're having record highs down here. Less clothing's indicated.

Morning, bud. Grocery run this morning. I want to be there at 8 when they open. Had coffee and sprayed my mask with Lysol already. Hung it up to dry so it'll be ready when I brave the grocery store.

I'm out in the field working, so pants are essential, unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, MacGreg said:

I'm out in the field working, so pants are essential, unfortunately. 

hello Sir, glad to see you drop in. Yes being outside you will need pants. take care of yourself Sir.

• Like 2

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends

the storm damage was just tree limbs and other people’s trash. spent 2 hours outside cleaning this up. felt good to be outside doing something. my dogs are not use to this 24x7 attention. 

so just wanted to drop in and tell everyone good night and sweet dreams.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends

the storm damage was just tree limbs and other people’s trash. spent 2 hours outside cleaning this up. felt good to be outside doing something. my dogs are not use to this 24x7 attention. 

so just wanted to drop in and tell everyone good night and sweet dreams.

night rick ... glad you got outside for a bit xo

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

During this time, lots of us have more time on our hands, more time at home. That can be both good and not so good. Working from home is great, it is a distraction from the news, from what we know is out there. At first i was very afraid of catching this virus. I did not want to die this horrible struggling-for-air death... or linger on a respirator.

At first it is all i could think about. i was so stressed i was having chest pain. The yoga i wrote about in my blog helped. Doing something helped. But right now also NOT doing things is good. We need to be calm, we need to eat well, drink water, and sleep enough. It is okay not to be working all the time, or to be busy all the time. It is okay to watch tv (The Split with Nicola Walker for some family drama) or find your fav comedy. Have an afternoon nap, or a nice long soak in the tub.  Read something, write, play scrabble. Did mention naps?? I recommend them.

Be good to yourselves now ... care about you like you would for others.

Well said, tim. :) 

• Love 3

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

During this time, lots of us have more time on our hands, more time at home. That can be both good and not so good. Working from home is great, it is a distraction from the news, from what we know is out there. At first i was very afraid of catching this virus. I did not want to die this horrible struggling-for-air death... or linger on a respirator.

At first it is all i could think about. i was so stressed i was having chest pain. The yoga i wrote about in my blog helped. Doing something helped. But right now also NOT doing things is good. We need to be calm, we need to eat well, drink water, and sleep enough. It is okay not to be working all the time, or to be busy all the time. It is okay to watch tv (The Split with Nicola Walker for some family drama) or find your fav comedy. Have an afternoon nap, or a nice long soak in the tub.  Read something, write, play scrabble. Did mention naps?? I recommend them.

Be good to yourselves now ... care about you like you would for others.

tim

well said my friend, i like a lot of us are all feeling the same loss or the feeling of disaster ahead. trying not to focus on things i could not control helped for a while. i’m going to be honest things right now scare me. trying to stay positive but it’s getting harder. Following all the new guidelines hoping that this is enough. not sure if this is enough. going to try the yoga links tim. 

So Thank you Sirs and DiC friends.

rick

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

tim

well said my friend, i like a lot of us are all feeling the same loss or the feeling of disaster ahead. trying not to focus on things i could not control helped for a while. i’m going to be honest things right now scare me. trying to stay positive but it’s getting harder. Following all the new guidelines hoping that this is enough. not sure if this is enough. going to try the yoga links tim. 

So Thank you Sirs and DiC friends.

rick

Well, someone explained to me, that we should be okay if we stay home and stay away from others when we are out. No one is coughing on us, and no one is sick around us. So just stay home, and stay away for now.  It is all we can do.  Try to keep calm and keep healthy.  Practice a bit of the yoga, even just the first bit at the beginning. It does help.  i do it throughout the day just a few minutes. I also take Calm Balance. I have taken it for some time and it does help me. I take it in the mornings, it's all natural. I also continue to take vitamin D which also helps with depression. You can read about natural calm balance here.  molly uses it also and would be better able to tell you what it is called in the USA.   If you take any medications, you should ask your doctor before taking oral magnesium.  👨‍⚕️

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well, someone explained to me, that we should be okay if we stay home and stay away from others when we are out. No one is coughing on us, and no one is sick around us. So just stay home, and stay away for now.  It is all we can do.  Try to keep calm and keep healthy.  Practice a bit of the yoga, even just the first bit at the beginning. It does help.  i do it throughout the day just a few minutes. I also take Calm Balance. I have taken it for some time and it does help me. I take it in the mornings, it's all natural. I also continue to take vitamin D which also helps with depression. You can read about natural calm balance here.  molly uses it also and would be better able to tell you what it is called in the USA.   If you take any medications, you should ask your doctor before taking oral magnesium.  👨‍⚕️

tim 

thanks for the advice and web addresses. i will check Calm  Balance out. after work i went on a short trip to a game park and sat by the lake for a while. while there i was in awe of all the wild animals that were there. so thanks again.

how was your day?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

tim 

thanks for the advice and web addresses. i will check Calm  Balance out. after work i went on a short trip to a game park and sat by the lake for a while. while there i was in awe of all the wild animals that were there. so thanks again.

how was your day?

My day was okay.. just quiet.. baked a pumpkin cake .. did a bit of writing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
30 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

My day was okay.. just quiet.. baked a pumpkin cake .. did a bit of writing.

Mmm... pumpkin cake sounds delish 🤗

Edited by Reader1810

8 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

It was very nice.

hehe, sounds like we ate the whole thing ... we didn't quite .... lol

But yeah it is good, if you have flour at home or can find any, anywhere...

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..