Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

On 3/7/2020 at 2:39 PM, Page Scrawler said:

Sounds like something my brother's ex-bf would come up with. Once, he told us this: Back when his parents were still married, they would take him and his sister out to eat---for all three meals---Every. Single. Day. And every single day, it would cost them $100K.  :pissed:  There isn't a restaurant in the entire world which costs that much money, never mind in Traverse City!

$100K in New York for food maybe, but in a place like Traverse City, the restaurant would have the silverwear gold. Traverse City is nice, but I doubt it could afford a place like that. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

20 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

$100K in New York for food maybe, but in a place like Traverse City, the restaurant would have the silverwear gold. Traverse City is nice, but I doubt it could afford a place like that. 

There's a restaurant called "Boathouse" which is very expensive. $129 for 30 grams of caviar (1.05 oz). $175 for a surf 'n turf menu, etc. But they only do dinner service, not breakfast and lunch. For a family of four, I'd estimate $2,500 - $3,000 for one meal. Nowhere near $100K.   :thumbdown:

• Like 3

• Site Administrator
15 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I am having for dinner hamburger soup :yes:

Looks delicious :) I had steak and cinnamon cauliflower.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

There's a restaurant called "Boathouse" which is very expensive. $129 for 30 grams of caviar (1.05 oz). $175 for a surf 'n turf menu, etc. But they only do dinner service, not breakfast and lunch. For a family of four, I'd estimate $2,500 - $3,000 for one meal. Nowhere near $100K.   :thumbdown:

$175 for a surf and turf menu? Really, does it come with an ATV to round up the cow and a boat to catch the lobster? Caviar, no thanks. One of our favorite restaurants is Ava, owned by Joe Maddon and Bern's Steakhouse. Good place when Dennis and I want to go on a date.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

A pound lobster is not as tasty as a lobster that is about 7 to 8 ounces. Dennis' parents had a summer house in Maine and lobster fisherman told us that smaller lobsters are better in taste.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I'd rather spend my money at Don's Drive-In.   :yes:

One of Dennis' and my favorite places to eat in Connecticut was a shack on the side of the road. The place had the best hot dogs and burgers. It was called Harry's Drive-In in Colchester.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, clochette said:

One ask where he lives and when dad said the address is written on both the ID and the paper the cop started to rise his voice, saying we aren't supposed to leave the house blablabla :rolleyes:

Fresh out of training, probably.   :rolleyes:

ScaryBiodegradableBlesbok-size_restricte

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, clochette said:

I've spent the afternoon cleaning and feeding the raspberry plants, the blackberry bush and part of the strawberry plants. I'm thinking of changing the setting of the greenhouse and rised beds - again. 

Dad went for a little bike ride around the artificial lake in our town this afternoon. It's just a 5 minutes ride from the house. Half way there, downtown, he got stopped by 2 police officers to check that he had the paper plus his ID. One ask where he lives and when dad said the address is written on both the ID and the paper the cop started to rise his voice, saying we aren't supposed to leave the house blablabla :rolleyes: dad said at the lake there were people, including a group of 8! 

Around here, artificial lakes are called alligator breeding grounds... :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, clochette said:

I've spent the afternoon cleaning and feeding the raspberry plants, the blackberry bush and part of the strawberry plants. I'm thinking of changing the setting of the greenhouse and rised beds - again. 

Dad went for a little bike ride around the artificial lake in our town this afternoon. It's just a 5 minutes ride from the house. Half way there, downtown, he got stopped by 2 police officers to check that he had the paper plus his ID. One ask where he lives and when dad said the address is written on both the ID and the paper the cop started to rise his voice, saying we aren't supposed to leave the house blablabla :rolleyes: dad said at the lake there were people, including a group of 8! 

Clo, Do you have a curfew imposed? We don't, but the interstate - according to Dennis - was devoid of traffic. The sheriff here said to stay home and enjoy your family - and please don't call 911 if you run out of toilet paper. Someone, in another state, called 911 to see if the police knew where to get some. The Sheriff here said, "If you want to call us on that, we will supply you with it, along with a nice bed, too." (the Jail)

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..