Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

10 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Hello young Albert :hug:

They are getting there. The fire near my nephew’s school is under control and he had to go back today.

The fire near sister and dad is a bit more contained. Not quite there but the reduced temps should help a lot.

still keeping fingers crossed

Fingers crossed B.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, raven1 said:

Great minds think alike.  I made it for dinner last night.  The recipe I used said to marinate the beef in the wine 24 hours before cooking.  It was good, but the meat definitely had a strong taste of red wine.  If I do it again, I think I will find a different recipe.

If you liked the flavor otherwise consider reducing the marinade time by half.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, dughlas said:

If you liked the flavor otherwise consider reducing the marinade time by half.

Hi Dugh, To do that, do I add beef broth to dilute the wine? Or, do I reduce the time it is in the marinade?

Edited by raven1
  • Like 5
9 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Hi Dugh, To do that, do I add beef broth to dilute the wine? Or, do I reduce the time it is in the marinade?

Either would work, though I would go with a shorter time. Part of the reason for the wine is/was so the acids in could tenderize the beef so if you're using a tougher cut of beef the longer marinade time matters. However, a long slow braise does the same thing.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Hi Duhg! I hope your feeling better today.

Sawasdee Khrup Terry. I am and I am not, it was a somewhat difficult night. Today is a chill wet day and I feel the weather. The achiness in my head is like the tide, it ebbs and flows though in truth I fear it may become more like a tempest as the day progresses. Storms too eventually pass. Thank you for your kindness in asking.

• Love 3
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Sawasdee Khrup Terry. I am and I am not, it was a somewhat difficult night. Today is a chill wet day and I feel the weather. The achiness in my head is like the tide, it ebbs and flows though in truth I fear it may become more like a tempest as the day progresses. Storms too eventually pass. Thank you for your kindness in asking.

I am sending you my best wishes and hope that you are feeling better.  I hope as the weather improves you will have less and less problems.  Hugs and kisses for Mom and you.:hug::kiss:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..