Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

24 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Good timing Albert!  I'm in the middle of a story that includes a pack of Montana wolf shifters.:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, raven1 said:

Hi Page! :hug: I meant to ask something about your last posting.  Has Max decided to cook a meal yet or is he just looking for things he likes and wants you to cook? 😄

He looks for things he wants to try, and usually he helps Morgan or I with some prep work.  :)

4 hours ago, clochette said:

Well I don't have classes today and I need a distraction so my lil bro better be prepared :gikkle:

:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, clochette said:

Hey Terry, the day is not starting well actually. I've just got a phone call from the neighbor at my dad's. She took Minion (one of our cat there but who practically lives with them since my mom died and get feed by people in the neighborhood - almost every house has a cat in our neighborhood) to the vet. She found him all apathetic on her doormat this morning. The vet said he's dehydrated and in hypothermia. She'll run a blood test for poisoning and he'll be nurse back to temperature and hooked with an IV in the meantime. In the state he is in she gets speaks for longer in the future than today. She'll keep me updated and I told her to do what it takes to save him and that I have full trust in the neighbor anyway (we've known each other catsit for each other for 28 years!)

I'm devastated. He's the sweetest most chill cat. He was my mom's 3rd kid. The moment she passed away he slowly faded away from the family, preferring the quite of the neighbors who absolutely adore him. He still come by the house and we see him almost everydaywalking around like the street is his kingdom. But since September we've noticed he's been more distant and on my part I haven't been as present as I used to. I'm glad he has the neighbors because they totally dot on him, I think he helped them get over the death of their own cat. But at the same time I feel bad, like I've abandoned him even though I know he would have hate the apartment as he's way too independent and rather be outside. 

:hug:  I hope he rallies, Tink. :kiss: 

• Love 5

6 hours ago, clochette said:

Update on Minion: blood work showed no poisoning but a big kidney infection. It could be either a congenital condition that's only now showing or "just" a recent infection we couldn't have noticed earlier. As dialysis isn't possible all she can do is keep "cleaning" the blood with an IV and heating him. She's recommending a 48h hospitalization and after that taking off the IV to see if his kidneys work on their own. If they do it's good sign. If not...

I'll call back later this afternoon and I told her we're trying the hospitalization. He if has a chance to make it I'm grabbing it.

:hug: keeping fingers crossed for you

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..