Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

21 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

This dear Albert sent me to the internet, because it reminded me of one of the first foreign films I saw in my youth.  "Picnic at Hanging Rock" by Peter Weir.  A very haunting mystery base on fact.  The music and the setting match the mystery.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha Terry glad you like the song I love it so:kiss::hug:

I did, both that and the other post.  I hope you like the post on the movie.  Bucket should know the movie and Peter Weir.  I don't know if the mystery was ever solved.  The movie has great cinematography of Australia and the actors were spectacular.  It was my first introduction to the pan flute.

Just now, Albert1434 said:

Just a treat for Dughlas!

Image result for picture of cowboys with dark hair

Yup! That's definitely Dughlas' style man. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Page! :hug: Sawasdee Khrup! 🙏 Any new Max stories to share?  I hope your weekend has been going well.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Hi Page! :hug: Sawasdee Khrup! 🙏 Any new Max stories to share?  I hope your weekend has been going well.

Hey, Terry!  :hug: My weekend is good so far.

Max is watching a show on Disney Plus called On Pointe. It's a documentary series about a school for dancers. I've watched it myself, a few times, and I found it very enjoyable. We've also watched Better Nate Than Ever:D

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, raven1 said:

I did, both that and the other post.  I hope you like the post on the movie.  Bucket should know the movie and Peter Weir.  I don't know if the mystery was ever solved.  The movie has great cinematography of Australia and the actors were spectacular.  It was my first introduction to the pan flute.

Miranda…. Miranda…. MIRANDA…. Don't go up there. Come back….

The final chapter of the book was removed before publication and not to be released until the death of the author. It should have remained a secret 

Better off pretending it didn’t exist - much more powerful that way

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Horror need not always be a long-fanged gentleman in evening clothes or a dismembered corpse or a doctor who keeps a brain in his gold fish bowl. It may be a warm sunny day, the innocence of girlhood and hints of unexplored sexuality that combine to produce a euphoria so intense it becomes transporting, a state beyond life or death. Such horror is unspeakable not because it is gruesome but because it remains outside the realm of things that can be easily defined or explained in conventional ways."

Vincent Canby, writing about PAHR for The New York Times

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Terry!  :hug: My weekend is good so far.

Max is watching a show on Disney Plus called On Pointe. It's a documentary series about a school for dancers. I've watched it myself, a few times, and I found it very enjoyable. We've also watched Better Nate Than Ever:D

I liked this trailer better than the first one you sent us last week. I Also went online to see a trailer of On Pointe.  That looks like a really great documentary.  Is it on Netflix?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Miranda…. Miranda…. MIRANDA…. Don't go up there. Come back….

The final chapter of the book was removed before publication and not to be released until the death of the author. It should have remained a secret 

Better off pretending it didn’t exist - much more powerful that way

OK! As I decided to check out the final missing chapter, I discovered I was sorely mistaken.  I had always believed that the story was based on fact.  I was surprised that it is totally fiction.  I am glad that the final chapter has never been included in the original novel.  From the brief summary, it doesn't fit the story.  Thanks Bucket.:yes:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Nope, they're both on Disney Plus.

That's great, because I have that also! Thanks Page!:2thumbs: 

I should have read your post more closely, then I wouldn't have asked the question.😜

Edited by raven1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got my lawn tractor going for the summer. :D  Haven't changed the oil yet but I did that in the fall so it should be good for a few mowings. Spark plugs and battery were new last year. Woot! Good feeling to hear it roar to life. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..