Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

17 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

@raven1 with you almost finished with Parker's A to Z, may I suggest your next read be Mark Arbour's CAP series. At 17 books and 4.2 million words so far, this series should keep you busy and too distracted to pester me for at least a couple of months. :P 

Here's the first book in the series:

Sorry to disappoint you Drew, but No!  First, because it is too fun to pester you.  Second, been there, done that and would get extremely irritated with even the slightest mistake.  *deleted very long rant to be replaced by a shorter rant*  I do like historical novels, but the time period you picked was one I lived.  I am not patient with any fiction about that time period and prefer documentaries. 

Third, I have already experienced the Bridgemont series.  It only proved to me that Gary was right about about not being redundant!  Although I truly believe that Gary can extend many of his books successfully, Mark didn't achieve that.  I read the first three books of Bridgemont and enjoyed them, but by book 8 I was bored.  The plots were redundant, and the characters were inconsistent and tiresome. I loathed the MC. and I found myself disgusted with even my own comments. Not saying Mark is a bad writer, but stories that long, repeating the same action and same problem each time cannot keep me interested.

Gary has proven that by his most recent addition to the Sidewinder series.  I honestly believe Gary can take Virgil to Larkspur with a different plot, characters and feeling. 

Like I said, you are much more entertaining.  That's why we all love ya!

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..