Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 minute ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha Craig:kiss::hug:Did you see what I left you?

I haven't caught up on my notifications yet but I will. Oh, and can I have the full English please, lol. :D

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

Look almost like a full English Breakfast. The English one has mushrooms😃

At one time a full English included kidney too. And in Ireland, they substitute black pudding with white pudding.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

At one time a full English included kidney too. And in Ireland, they substitute black pudding with white pudding.

Maybe Page would like the white pudding!

All images

Edited by Albert1434
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 1

I am pretty sure he could eat it!

• Like 3

Just for @Albert1434 and @Page Scrawler, the recipe for white pudding;-

Ingredients

395gm Pork Shoulder (with plenty of fat)
265gm Medium Oatmeal
250gm Water
30gm Onion
23gm Potato Flour
15gm Salt
18gm Seasoning Mix – see below

Seasoning Mix

5gm White pepper
5gm Ground coriander
5gm Ground ginger
5gm Powdered sage
3gm Mace
3gm Nutmeg
2gm Allspice

Only 18gm of this mix is used in the sausage above.

Method

Soak the oatmeal in the water for 1 hour or so. Grind the meat and onion through the fine plate of a mincer, I used a 5mm plate. Then add all the other ingredients and mix well. The sausage meat will be on the stiff side. Stuff into large pigs’ casings and poach them at 75°C – 80°C for 1 minute per mm of the width of the sausage. The final internal temperature of the sausage should be 72°C. Hold at this temperature for 2 minutes then cool in ice-cold water. To eat, slice crossways into 5 – 10mm slices and fry until brown.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I am sure I would not have any trouble with this. I would if in your house and you served me black pudding I would at least try it!

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I am sure I would not have any trouble with this. I would if in your house and you served me black pudding I would at least try it!

I know that when you look at the ingredients it sounds disgusting, but it really is very tasty and popular in many parts of the UK. The recipe varies slightly depending on the region you are in and the manufacturer if you buy it ready-made (almost all people buy it ready-made). It is the same with white pudding.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I think you will enjoy it. A lot of people do until they know what it is made of.

• Haha 3

Just now, Mancunian said:

I think you will enjoy it. A lot of people do until they know what it is made of.

But I do know what it is made of beside Page told us and threw up:gikkle:

• Haha 3

But the whole idea is if I was visiting you then its only right to try new things!

I agree, I was brought up to believe that you cannot say you do not like any food until you have tried it. But to be fair, there are some regional 'delicacies' in the world that I don't think I could try.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Mancunian said:

Have you never tried haggis?

Nope but i dont live in Scotland!

Edited by Albert1434
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

But to be fair, there are some regional 'delicacies' in the world that I don't think I could try.

Rocky Mountain 'Oysters' are another 🤮

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

I never said a word about your D. I called you a dick-tater, which is what you are. So, I'm not the one who has his mind in the gutter.  -_-

The fact that you call me a dick-tater rather than dictator, proves that it's your mind in the gutter, not mine! -_-

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..