Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

Just now, Albert1434 said:

I use chili power cumin hot sauce  just 1 teaspoon garlic onion fried with the beef :yes:

I use those. Except the hot sauce, too much salt. Instead I use chipolte powder and ancho powder and smoked sweet paparika.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Just now, dughlas said:

I use those. Except the hot sauce, too much salt. Instead I use chipolte powder and ancho powder and smoked sweet paparika.

I love these spices :yes:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

I understand that. But, I imagine the preparation is similar to a molé.   :yes:

No, they're two different things.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Valkyrie said:

Same here :) I don't have a set recipe.  I use whatever I have or feel like tossing in the Crock pot lol  I like using a variety of ground meat, usually ground beef and bulk sausage.  But I've used ground lamb and bison too.  The best chili I ever made was with ground bison. I also made a really awesome pumpkin chili once.  The usual chili ingredients, plus a can of pumpkin and cinnamon and allspice, clove,ginger.. typical fall spices. I accidentally dropped the cinnamon in there and thought it would be horrible because there was so much in there. OMG it  was sooooo gooooood.  

Geez, how could I forget to mention cinnamon? I use it too. Like you, I vary things as I go. Sometimes, this is when I've planned ahead, I'll cook the meat, usually cubed beef or pork in the crockpot with some red wine or bourboun until it's tender then throw in everything else and left it simmer overnight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dmrman said:

Love you too Bertie, 😗😗unfortunately I had no Ideas where I was or how I got there...!!😂😂 aww it was probably peaceful with me in dreamland, 😇😇 you all got a break from "US" lol😅😅😆😆

Oh Bob your so wrong I was soooooo worried :yes:

• Love 3

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

I like my chili to be flavorful not just hot. I usually add oregano and thyme and coriander seed.

I use a 50/50 combination of ground beef and Italian sausage, with garlic, onion, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, three cans of beans, crushed tomatoes, and a touch of honey.

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

No, they're two different things.  

*rubs a hand over his face* Yes. I'm very aware, trust me.   :rolleyes: The point I was getting at was, the preparation for the "base"---the chocolate and the chilies---is probably similar to what you might prepare for a---You know what? Just forget I ever said anything.  <_<

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Dmrman said:

unfortunately...🤔🙄😒 I am like a bad penny, hard to get rid of...😏😊

No, Bob.   :hug:  You're like a lucky penny: something precious that we want to hold on to.   :kiss:

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..