Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

4 hours ago, Marty said:

One of the nice things about modern digital cameras is that you can take many, many images. Unlike in the days of film photography where you were limited by the cost of the film.

Sometimes I have to take well over a hundred shots of the same scene before I get that one shot that makes it all worthwhile.

Back forty years or so ago I had a friend who did portrait photography. He would sometimes get through 5 rolls of film (36 shots to the roll) just to get that one shot that both he and the client were happy with. And, of course, he couldn't preview the images on the back of the camera, but would have to wait until the negatives had been developed and printed before he could be even sure he did have that one shot.

Things are certainly a lot easier nowadays. :)

When I was a kid we went to a talk by a wildlife photographer and he said the same about a single shot of a bird. We saw the one great shot but he used 5 or 6 rolls of film to get it. I was still keeping every photo when they came back from the chemist - good or not. 

I like that I can take risks or try new things and not worry about the expense of processing :yes:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Just now, Dmrman said:

Hi Pagey...😗😗😗 you guy have weekend plans...??☺

Yeah. Mickey and Remy are going to take Rory (their new little buddy) and Sean (Mickey's cousin) kayaking tomorrow. Then we're going to have a barbecue for dinner.   :D

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Yeah. Mickey and Remy are going to take Rory (their new little buddy) and Sean (Mickey's cousin) kayaking tomorrow. Then we're going to have a barbecue for dinner.   :D

Behave Xander... behave yourself, Xander ..

Spoiler

Nude Kayaking? 😀

Sorry, I've been corrupted ..

Spoiler

By myself...😀

Hope they'll have fun...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dmrman said:

Hey, he looks secure... And Happy... What more could you want...??😃😄

Ummmm... clean :rofl:

2 hours ago, clochette said:

No dust? 🙄

I guessed right :) 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Hi there Gary

I think Clo has all the heat, 4C this morning. I did not want to leave my warm bed

Yeah, she has most of it, but it reached 32 C here... and was more like 38 with the humidex. I have my central air set at 69. :)  Even Cookie wanted to come back inside today.

• Love 5

2 minutes ago, Dmrman said:

Okay... Well hmm after that 😄😄😄 I would have😁 to say No control over Sexual issues...😆😆😆and chronic Alcohic too...😃😄😄😁😁

Me an alcoholic...no...when a friend of Dennis and me drove drunk into the back of a semi trailer, we don't drink after 2 glasses if that...

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Behave Xander... behave yourself, Xander ..

Reveal hidden contents

Nude Kayaking? 😀

Sorry, I've been corrupted ..

Reveal hidden contents

By myself...😀

Hope they'll have fun...

I'm not sure they'll be kayaking nekkid again. At least, maybe not with Rory around. And I'll pass along the sentiment. Tomorrow, we're having ribs with Carolina BBQ sauce, Mexican street corn, roasted fingerling potatoes, and peanut butter-Rice Krispies ice cream sandwiches.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Page Scrawler said:

I'm not sure they'll be kayaking nekkid again. At least, maybe not with Rory around. And I'll pass along the sentiment. Tomorrow, we're having ribs with Carolina BBQ sauce, Mexican street corn, roasted fingerling potatoes, and peanut butter-Rice Krispies ice cream sandwiches.

Just kidding, Page...we are going boating tomorrow...the ocean is getting warm here...but we will mostly be on the beach...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dmrman said:

Damn... I won't be seeing no beaches this year...!!😒😢😭😭😭

I'll send you a beach...you'll have to supply the beach toys, the water the lifeguard chair, lifeguard and a guy in a Speedo..😀

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..