Public Domain

Public Domain  

14 members have voted

1. 1. As an artist/writer, does it bother you that your work will one day pass into the public domain?

• Yes
    • No

I am not much of an author. My shorts are REALLY short. I think it would be the coolest thing in the world if someone found them interesting enough to want to use after I am gone!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

So, so far, we are all resoundingly of the opinion that public domain is of the good. Nice to know I'm not the crazy one.

EDIT: I mean, I am. Just not in this particular case.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am not an author nor an artist, but I would like to think that if I were, I would be pleased that my works were appreciated enough that they were remembered by someone living and trying to expand on my efforts......  Now as for someone wanting to proffit from my works directly, either while I were alive or after I am dead, I really hope some of the ghost stories have a small basis in truth..................................BOO

Edited by wenmale64
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

All the content I create is very derivative. I don’t really create anything unique. But I’m also not making any money off of it either.  ;–)

I think control over the use of content is more important than the profit. Creating a hologram of Fred Astaire to sell vacuum cleaners probably caused him to protest from the grave, but who listens to the dead. Disrespectful use of an image, person, art, or music after a person is dead is shameful, but shame never stops some people…