The Two-Five of the Twelfth Month Game (Writing Challenge)

• Site Administrator

Two-Five Challenge Banner.jpg

Write 100 to 500 words in a plot with the three themes, based on your roll. And, to the glee of the Grinch, also known as me, who wants to hoard them all, you can just use words with just one beat in your whole plot. Whew! What a test of your skill!

Just say you want to play, roll the dice, and share your themes.

*It’s a help, not a cheat, if you find words in the book or site with lots of words that show more words that mean the same thing.

Holiday Dice and Grid .jpg

Post your piece not seen by Dec. two-one and send me the link. Not sure just what any of this means? Send me a PM. Need to vent re: the grinch theft of the words? Join in here where you say you play to talk on any day.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
8 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

One thing first: is "pushed" one beat? It is the way I say it, but I may be wrong. 

Yes, 'pushed' is one beat.  It's pronounced 'pusht', not 'push-ed'.  

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

You can use more than one beat here to talk, just FYI. I just tried to show the skill for the post. Not easy by any means, and you must do lots of checks out loud to find more than one beat words that creep in. 

• Like 3

I have 5, 4, 1. So Grinch, cane, and tree. Beware every Who down in Whoville! I'm a mean one. Poor Dr. Seuss has no idea what is loose. Five words times a hun is the max, and no more is a fact. Hard at work on this, might just be bliss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Site Administrator
3 hours ago, comicfan said:

I have 5, 4, 1. So Grinch, cane, and tree. Beware every Who down in Whoville! I'm a mean one. Poor Dr. Seuss has no idea what is loose. Five words times a hun is the max, and no more is a fact. Hard at work on this, might just be bliss.

I can't wait to read this :D 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Tried several times to roll the dice.  Always get this.  What am I missing?

I had that issue too, but if you click on Numbers in the nav bar above the website name, it should work for you. Just have to set the parameters for the roll.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I had that issue too, but if you click on Numbers in the nav bar above the website name, it should work for you. Just have to set the parameters for the roll.

Thanks!  1, 4, 3.  Elf, cane, wreath.  Question two probably for @Cia:  Is a poem okay?  

• Like 3

In that weird state between being asleep and waking up, my little story hatched this morning. Typed it up now and I think it's told me what it wants to be. A short one, but maybe I'll add a few more words when tweaking. 

Just to make sure: doomed is a one beat word, right? I say it out loud and only hit my thigh once, but I want to make sure... ;) 

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
2 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

In that weird state between being asleep and waking up, my little story hatched this morning. Typed it up now and I think it's told me what it wants to be. A short one, but maybe I'll add a few more words when tweaking. 

Just to make sure: doomed is a one beat word, right? I say it out loud and only hit my thigh once, but I want to make sure... ;) 

Yes, doomed is one beat :) 

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
On 11/24/2018 at 9:18 AM, Puppilull said:

Sorry for silly questions, but I think I get it now. Just so easy to be tricked by all those vowels. 

Don't be! Ask, talk, get help! The game is hard to do and more eyes and ears are a big need. 

• Like 4

Can't' decide about this one.  :unsure: I'm busy currently with other stuff. I'll give it a week or two and come back to it.

I think the challenge needs more publicity on the site, not just in the newsletter. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...