Forgotten Story

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while and I hope everyone is doing well! I'm trying to reminiscence a very old story that I read a long time ago. It's about a boy who decided to go to SF because he was gay and wanted to find himself and gay culture. While on the bus to visit his brother, he meets a soldier and starts a relationship with him. After the soldier leaves for the army and visiting his brother, he hitched hiked to SF but along the way he met these people in a camp somewhere. Once at SF he realize that not everyone is kind(nice?) as he thought at SF. He thought that just because you're gay there will be a gay culture or gay group that he would be accepted in SF. 

Thanks. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Menace said:

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while and I hope everyone is doing well! I'm trying to reminiscence a very old story that I read a long time ago. It's about a boy who decided to go to SF because he was gay and wanted to find himself and gay culture. While on the bus to visit his brother, he meets a soldier and starts a relationship with him. After the soldier leaves for the army and visiting his brother, he hitched hiked to SF but along the way he met these people in a camp somewhere. Once at SF he realize that not everyone is kind(nice?) as he thought at SF. He thought that just because you're gay there will be a gay culture or gay group that he would be accepted in SF. 

Thanks. 

I remember this one. I think he shares an apartment with his brother for awhile? And he reconnects with the soldier? I'll think on it, but I don't recall the title, or where I read it. Good luck! 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Headstall said:

I remember this one. I think he shares an apartment with his brother for awhile? And he reconnects with the soldier? I'll think on it, but I don't recall the title, or where I read it. Good luck! 

Yeah this sounds familiar to me too, but I can't remember the title or who wrote it.  

• Like 2