Repeat notification for Link to Content

Go to solution Solved by Renee Stevens,

@Thorn Wilde and I have experienced a strange bug. We got repeat notifications of @Renee Stevens linking to our stories in relation to the Guess an Author Reveal. I don't know whether @aditus and @CassieQ also got some for their reveals.

In my case, I got the normal notification on November 27th, when the topic posted. But then I got these just after new year:

Renee Stevens linked to your content in a blog entry: Author Guess Who #5 - The Reveal
Thursday at 02:22 AM
(that's the 2nd of January)

Renee Stevens linked to your content in a blog entry: Author Guess Who #5 - The Reveal
Friday at 06:03 AM
 (that's the 3rd of January)

It didn't look like Renee had changed the topic in any way. I didn't get any other repeat notifications.

I'm using Chrome on a Windows laptop.

• Like 2
  • Solution

It's nothing to worry about. We've been adding content specific banners and for some reason, when the banner gets added, that notification goes out. I added banners to all of the Guess the Author topics and that's why you're getting the notifications.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, CassieQ said:

I also got repeat notifications for content linked for the Author Guess Who and the 2017 Halloween contest. 

Cia probably input a banner for the contest, and I put banners in for the author guess who. The notifications are nothing to worry about :)

• Like 1