Promoted author banner?

Go to solution Solved by Thorn Wilde,

I've noticed that other promoted authors have banners on their Stories pages and in the authors lists, but I can't seem to figure out how to upload one. There doesn't seem to be an option in any of my settings, nor is there one on my stories page. Is my profile banner supposed to carry over? Because it hasn't.

On a MacBook Pro, 2015, running MacOS Mojave and using Safari.

• Solution
19 hours ago, Cia said:

Myr must have put it in. I was on a journey of taxes tonight. No, authors can't put them in or change them. They should be 848x121 pixels. 

So if I want mine changed, I contact one of you? I could make one with the correct dimensions.

Speaking of dimensions, I noticed when visiting @Dodger's stories page that it looks very odd, with the banner stretching past the 'edge' of the screen.

dodgerweird2.thumb.jpg.4ac98eba77f6576a3cdad85798ea9819.jpg

Edited by Thorn Wilde
2 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Speaking of dimensions, I noticed when visiting @Dodger's stories page that it looks very odd, with the banner stretching past the 'edge' of the screen.

I see exactly the same when visiting Dodger's stories page.

dodger.jpg

Using a Toshiba Laptop with recommended screen resolution of 1366x768, running Windows 8.1 with all security updates, and up-to-date Google Chrome, Version 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit) with zoom set to 100%. And if I lower the zoom in Chrome I still don't see the right hand edge (unless I scroll), or the bottom of the banner (at all).

Edited by Marty
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Marty said:

I see exactly the same when visiting Dodger's stories page.

dodger.jpg

Using a Toshiba Laptop with recommended screen resolution of 1366x768, running Windows 8.1 with all security updates, and up-to-date Google Chrome, Version 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit) with zoom set to 100% (and if I lower the zoom I still don't see the right hand edge, or the bottom of the banner).

Just FYI, you'll see the bottom of the banner if you click it. It's what happens when a banner doesn't have the correct dimensions.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Just FYI, you'll see the bottom of the banner if you click it. It's what happens when a banner doesn't have the correct dimensions.

Thanks, Thorne. I should have known that. :facepalm:

Another of my senior moments... 

2e32d6d2710306db2a4e4491f80a1245.jpg

• Haha 1