Oh Amazon. LOL

• Site Administrator

So, Amazon has a new proposed Poop Emoji Headquarters for Arlington, VA. Go ahead.. Try unseeing this...

display?key=fd92ebbc52fc43fb98f69e50e789

Seems about right too.

• Haha 5
  • Site Administrator
6 hours ago, Myr said:

So, Amazon has a new proposed Poop Emoji Headquarters for Arlington, VA. Go ahead.. Try unseeing this...

display?key=fd92ebbc52fc43fb98f69e50e789

Seems about right too.

Looks like they ate spinach :unsure: :gikkle: 

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
On 2/13/2021 at 8:12 AM, Ryan Jones said:

I live in the DC area. I kinda like it. Why be the same as everyone else?

I actually don't think it's bad looking, and it is definitely unique. Hell, it looks a heck of a lot better than the super-tall condos they're building here in New York with no architectural quality and selling penthouses for upwards of a $100M. 

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator
20 minutes ago, TetRefine said:

it looks a heck of a lot better than the super-tall condos

You don't like those pencil phallus symbols?

• Haha 1
On 2/17/2021 at 8:27 AM, Myr said:

You don't like those pencil phallus symbols?

I absolutely hate them. I walk past them through Central Park every day on my way to work, and they absolutely tower over everything. It's not that they're so big, but the fact that just look absolutely awful from an aesthetic point of view. And the worst part is that almost all of the 8-9 figure units in the buildings are nothing but trophy investment properties that will rarely, if ever, be lived in. 

I guess I simply prefer things in smaller packages. ;)

Billionaires'_Row_2020.jpg

0718-432park-2.jpg

Edited by TetRefine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good lord, I couldn't live in those.. too high, way too high. I'm not into city living regardless though, so I just couldn't. lol.. and I definitely wouldn't be spending the money they're demanding to live there. I also agree - there is zero innovation or anything to the outside. 

Amazon's Poop building looks nice though, if they deliver. From afar though, I can't unsee it. :P 

• Like 2

I used to have a friend whose parents' condo was on the 95th floor.  It was a bit scary, if you worried about getting caught in a fire.  My friend's mother worked for the State of New York in an office in the World Trade Center.  As I recall, she said it took her twenty minutes just to get from the lobby to the floor where her office was found.  It was a significant part of her commute.  (Given her age, she was long-retired before 2001.)

Edited by BigBen
  • Like 1