Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, wildone said:

It might not be Sept 1st yet, but 3 episodes are up :d 

I saw that it was in my queue, but three episodes at once is a bit much. Considering the strikes in Hollywood and no new programing coming for a while, you'd think Amazon would parcel the episodes out. Now I must exercise restraint! It's just not fair. :facepalm:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
59 minutes ago, Daddydavek said:

I plan on watching just the first episode tonight and parcel the next two over the long weekend!

Yes, I’ll do the same thing. I hope. ;)

I’m glad that Apple is pushing out episodes of Foundation on a weekly basis. The episodes are fairly long but it seems like I no sooner start watching that the episode is over—it’s that good. If they were available all at once I’d run through the episodes like water through a sieve.

• Like 4

I watched the first episode of season 2 on Friday and was a bit disappointed.  I didn't watch the second episode until Sunday and it got me hooked on the series again.  I watched the third episode today and it was very compelling.  All the criticisms about it compacting and condensing are still true, but enough glimpses were provided to remind me of the story that I read all those years ago.  I'm looking forward to Thursday when the next set of episodes drops!

• Like 4

I agree that TWOT started slow but I’ve found over time that lots of shows do this with the first episode of a new season. Regardless, there was enough going on to keep my attention. And after having watched the entire three episodes available I find I’m still interested, and happy Amazon is running with the show.

• Like 4

After having watched the fourth episode I have a thought... How many seasons is Amazon planning for this series?

I also think this season must be saving the most dramatic scenes for the last few episodes. The amount of background exposition (albeit in video form and great to watch) needs to produce something of a bigger splash in these next few episodes remaining.

• Like 1

I watched episode 4 and I had to turn off the lights in the room to see what was going on as parts are filmed in extremely low light.  It makes it a bit more mysterious, but it is also overused...

This episode like the prior ones leaves many loose ends...

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm still turning the lights down low to see the detail.  The last episode with Moraine being forced by the Amrlyn Seat and then Lianfal coming in was powerful.  Lan has certainly turned out to be deeper than first present....

• Like 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

I'm still turning the lights down low to see the detail.

I don’t know what kind of tv you have, but have you looked into the settings for it? I have a Sony 55” 4k from 2017 and there are settings for cinema or standard (which is good for older media). There’s even a pro-movie option but that’s too dark for me.

• Like 4

I'm still loving the series. They do a good job with the Seanchan so far... their arrogance. The pace is still good in my opinion. Loved the scene when Moraine could touch the source again, thanks to Lan and Rand.

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

Now that was one hell of an action packed season 2 ending :o

It seems like it was like the books, were they built up to the climax at the end of each book.

How long until season 3? :P 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

One Wheel of Time show wasn't enough. Maybe, possibly, it might happen that there will be a prequel to the show called The White Tower. Just like Star Trek, The Planet of the Apes and The Hobbit, etc., franchises before it The White Tower is slated to be an animated series. Read about it HERE.

• Like 1