Chapter/story likes total

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I have an MSI laptop and use windows 10, and Chrome browser.

I clicked on my GA tab today, and my story rep total ended in 032(the bottom total in smaller font)... and I had new notifications for 14 more chapter likes received today, but when I refreshed the page, not only did those 14 likes not add to the total, but the total dropped to 029. So it dropped 17 likes altogether. Right after, I tried to reply to a chapter comment and got a message about an error, and then the site went down for me. When I signed back in a maybe two hours later, I had six new, different chapter likes, and they had added to the total and brought it up to 035. The other 17 are still gone. Just curious as to what happened.

Cheers. Gary.  

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

The reputation database table became corrupted and the site crashed while trying to repair it automatically.  I shut off the site so the database would stop getting pounded on which allowed me to repair it manually.  It is possible that a small amount of data was lost.  I could force a recount... but doing so would likely significantly drop counts due to the cleaning of the database, which people get touchy about.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Myr said:

The reputation database table became corrupted and the site crashed while trying to repair it automatically.  I shut off the site so the database would stop getting pounded on which allowed me to repair it manually.  It is possible that a small amount of data was lost.  I could force a recount... but doing so would likely significantly drop counts due to the cleaning of the database, which people get touchy about.

No worries, Myr. It is what it is... I was just curious. Thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1