Chapter won't publish at the same day

I tried to publish the second chapter of my story Sharp Shorts  yesterday, the system told me it's approved (?) but I can only publish today, which I tried, ignoring the factor that my chapters usually haven't to be approved, with the same result. I'm sure I did something wrong, anyway I would be very happy if someone could tell what I did wrong so I can finally publish the chapter. Help?

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

There us an issue with check that effects the backwards dating. It is being worked on. 

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
4 hours ago, Aditus said:

It's online, thank you.

You are also limited to 1 chapter per 24 hours in the system, which the system now enforces.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 6:12 PM, Myr said:

You are also limited to 1 chapter per 24 hours in the system, which the system now enforces.

I'm also running into this bug. Is there a known fix yet? 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Salander said:

I'm also running into this bug. Is there a known fix yet? 

The part you quoted you is working as designed. You are allowed only 1 chapter per story per 24 hours for posting.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Myr said:

The part you quoted you is working as designed. You are allowed only 1 chapter per story per 24 hours for posting.

My last chapter was 10 days ago. When I clicked save, I got the usual message that the chapter was unpublished so I could still edit. I didn't have any edits, so I toggled the switch for "publish", clicked save, and nothing happened. The dialogue box wouldnt go away. The only thing I could do was publish at a future date, but I'd really like to get it up today. 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
2 hours ago, Salander said:

My last chapter was 10 days ago. When I clicked save, I got the usual message that the chapter was unpublished so I could still edit. I didn't have any edits, so I toggled the switch for "publish", clicked save, and nothing happened. The dialogue box wouldnt go away. The only thing I could do was publish at a future date, but I'd really like to get it up today. 

I'm not sure what the issue you are experiencing... go to your story.  Press "Publish Chapter"

step1.jpg

image.png

Step 2, toggle the Publish Chapter toggle (this turns off Chapter publish time) then step 3, Press Publish.

Is this not working?

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Myr said:

I'm not sure what the issue you are experiencing... go to your story.  Press "Publish Chapter"

step1.jpg

image.png

Step 2, toggle the Publish Chapter toggle (this turns off Chapter publish time) then step 3, Press Publish.

Is this not working?

This is the same issue I'm having - button to Publish just doesn't work. 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Salander said:

This is the same issue I'm having - button to Publish just doesn't work. 

Do you have your computer set to European time?

I have published the chapter for you.

• Like 1
Just now, Myr said:

Do you have your computer set to European time?

I have published the chapter for you.

Don't think so; I tried it on two different laptops and on mobile, all American EST.

But thanks! I'll let you know if it keeps happening...I had the same bug on my last chapter, but eventually got it up after trying a bunch of times. 

• Like 1

I also have a problem using the Publish Chapter button.

I click the the tag to publish now, no date, time, required, click Publish Chapter, nothing happens.

After going backwards and forwards through different screens, trying to publish from different places, manage chapter or the green label, by hazard or chance the button works, but not without trying at least a dozen times.

I realise this doesn't help you much in finding the problem, but I have no more information except hitting the Publish Chapter button never works first time, which of course it should. It does work if you persevere. I have only published three chapters and they all come out of the moderation queue approved ready to publish.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Luca E said:

I also have a problem using the Publish Chapter button.

I click the the tag to publish now, no date, time, required, click Publish Chapter, nothing happens.

After going backwards and forwards through different screens, trying to publish from different places, manage chapter or the green label, by hazard or chance the button works, but not without trying at least a dozen times.

I realise this doesn't help you much in finding the problem, but I have no more information except hitting the Publish Chapter button never works first time, which of course it should. It does work if you persevere. I have only published three chapters and they all come out of the moderation queue approved ready to publish.

I did a lot of button mashing for the chapter before this one and it eventually went through, just seems to have no rhyme or reason to when it will work. I initially thought it was user error on my part, so I didn't think to report it - fairly sure it's a bug this time. Hopefully it gets fixed soon! 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

@Salander, @Luca E Can you both please tell me what browser you are using and what operating system?

If you tried multiple browsers, which ones?  If you can go to the About and give me version numbers on software, that might help as well. 

I am unable to reproduce the issue on my systems and no one else is currently reporting the issue, so it is harder to track and seems more isolated.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Myr said:

@Salander, @Luca E Can you both please tell me what browser you are using and what operating system?

If you tried multiple browsers, which ones?  If you can go to the About and give me version numbers on software, that might help as well. 

I am unable to reproduce the issue on my systems and no one else is currently reporting the issue, so it is harder to track and seems more isolated.

It was Google Chrome for both laptops I used ( v 114 for one, .53 for the other) and the Samsung internet browser on mobile (17.0.7.34) 

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Ok... so it might be tied to Chrome.  The Samsung browser is based on Chromium with their own spin.  I tend to use FireFox or Edge on the site (though Edge is also Chromium based)

• Like 2

I noted every step with publishing my latest chapter.

1. From green bar PUBLISH CHAPTER clicked button
  2. Clicked Publish Chapter tog (dismisses date)
  3. Publish Chapter tog highlights clicked Publish 
  4. FAILED twice
  5. Closed and went to Chapter 4 (latest chapter I want to publish) 
  6. Clicked SETTINGS icon (the cog)
  7. Clicked Publish Chapter
  8. FAILED
  9. Return to index
  10. Tried Publish again from there
  11. FAILED twice
  12. Tried with date - incorrect date
  13. Entered date for today time for plus 1 minute from actual time
  14. It published - message said published

There must be a slight delay, because after it said published the button was still there to publish, clicking the button PUBLISH it said chapter could not be found. About two minutes after publishing, it published.

So it published by entering a (correct) date and time, but with a delay of 2 or 3 minutes.

The instant publish option didn't work.

Hope this helps you investigate.

• Site Administrator
5 hours ago, Luca E said:

Hope this helps you investigate.

That will help, yes. I've reported this to our programmer.  Simple work around for the moment seems to be to set a future publish time of an hour into the future.

Seems I'm having this same issue with Chapter 8 of my Family Always Has Your Back story. After Myr told me the system forces one day at a time on stories, I uploaded the first 9 chapters, and have been clicking publish, on each chapter as they became available, with the next day as the publishing date. Until chapter 9. Had some revisions in it. Re-uploaded the chapter, and went to publish the story instantly, as it was after 24 hours and didn't work. Set the date/later, clicked published, was accepted. But five minutes after the time, still wasn't published. Tried to instant publish again, didn't work. It's now set to publish on the 19th around 1am. Cause it wouldn't let me choose any time on the 18th. 

Thanks.