Pilgrims had a gay colony in America?

34 minutes ago, Bill W said:

I just read this and you might find it interesting. 

https://maternityweek.com/s/gay-pilgrim-colony-merrymount?as=70&utm_source=AOL.com&bdk=0 

The story ends when you get down to the section entitled 'John Billington.' 

This was a very interesting article.  It was also interesting to me who published the article.

• Like 5

A blot on England’s history that it created the Puritans in the first place, and then allowed them to infect a foreign land with their cuddly, fun-loving beliefs. I guess none of this is taught in US schools

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

Yes article is interesting, and i can only imagine how it could happen. It is interesting whether thary had Pride pin or maybe other symbolics. How did they express themselves or what relationships they had with each other, it is all very interesting questions for me and article is very informative in my opinion

Edited by KorranDevlin
  • Like 4
  • 4 months later...

No one should be fooled. Merrymount was the founding chapter of the North American Man Boy Love Association. The tribute to Ganymede, the handsome youth and old crusty Zeus was to celebrate intergenerational love. 

• Like 1