The Jukebox

Hehehe, you know what I miss? After working in a music store for so many years, I really kinda miss the "Jukebox Jimmy" gam that we used to play every week on the Shack! :P 

No games or challenges this time around. I think I just loved getting a constant flood of new music to listen to on a weekly basis from all over the world! New stuff, old stuff...whatever. Like, it just hyped me up. I know that it's sort of cliche for someone to say that they just listen to 'everything', but for me, it's actually true! I think my only exception is super hardcore heavy metal where they sound like they're about to rupture their vocal chords with their dark screaming. Other than that, I love everything. (I DO like metal, rock, industrial, etc...but it stops around Sevendust, Wumpscut, Nine Inch Nails, area. But...who knows? Prove me wrong and make me a believer!)

Anyway...feel free to post some of your favorite music. Just ONE song a day! K? Just ONE! Any genre, any era, any style! I need some new material, and it's hard to find the good stuff without actual word of mouth. So that's your job now! ::Giggles::

Also...this guy STILL fucking amazes me!!! How does he have so many voices and PERFECT imitations of people's styles??? Most of them are SO spot on!!! That's insane! :P

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here’s a new band I’ve discovered in my Spotify Release Radar called Korine. This song has been on Insta-repeat all last week!

Edited by MrM
  • Love 1

Here is a challenger in support of Death Metal: Electric Wizard! They are retro hailing from the fandom of Black Sabbath, hence their 70s style Metalness. Anyway, this one is from my Rage soundtrack and it’s another vampire classic! :D

• Love 1

Sometimes, the greatest act of empathy you can do is to simply sit with someone and listen. For that someone in need it can help them lift some terrible weights…

• Love 1

Imagine star-crossed lovers that have found each other by a chanceless miracle within the vastness of infinite space…only to be parted once again.

Edited by MrM

Hehehe, going back to Alessia Clara...I've been to a bunch of parties like THIS one too! LOL! Ahhhh, college! :P

Eminem brought together one of the most awesome rap super groups ever. I wish they could all get along. Sighhhh...such a waste. Still, how many rock n' roll Easter eggs can you catch in this one song? I think I got 'em all! 

• Love 1

I don't know why, but I just feel good tonight! I keep smiling! My endorphins are just overactive, I guess. But, whatever...no explanation needed. I'll ust enjoy it while it lasts. :P 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

You know...in the early to mid 80's? Nobody would have really batted an eye. Hehehe! "We don't want children to be exposed to gay culture!" Ummm...yeah...we didn't care. Nobody's paying attention but you. You know who the most 'hetero' guys were in the 80's? George Michael and Michael Jackson. Everybody else was lingerie, lipstick, glam rock, and leather. So...there's that. ::Giggles::

• Love 1

Case in point: Arcadia, the ‘artistic’ spin-off of Duran Duran from 1985, consisted primarily of musicians Simon Le Bon and Nick Rhodes. Quite surprisingly, both were completely straight. Simon, for instance, has been married to his wife for nearly 40 years now! Nick Rhodes was married for short time, but opted for keeping a succession of girlfriends for that same 40 years. Nick Rhodes (the more effeminate of the duo), in particular, said his look was inspired by David Bowie and other Glam Rockers of the early to mid-70s.

• Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..