Suck in the Moderation Queue

I recently got more than 250 reputation points, which I had been told was enough to get around the Moderation Queue; however, I'm still stuck in it.  I can't find any answers in the FAQ section on this (or really anything on the Moderation Queue and how it actually works).  Am I missing something?  Is this not automatic?  I've tried publishing my latest chapter, the republished it, but it still puts my chapter in the queue.  Can anyone give me advice or point me in the right direction?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mancunian said:

Hopefully, I can clear this up for you.

We all earn reputation points when someone leaves a reaction to anything that we post on GA. The reputation points that allow you to skip the moderation queue are the reputation earned when a member leaves a reaction to a story or any of its chapters. If you receive 400 points for entries to blog entries, blog replies, forum entries, forum or forum replies and 100 reputation points for a story or story chapter this gives a total of 500 reputation points. This is not enough reputation points to skip the moderation queue. That is because only the reputation points gained from the stories count when submitting a story or chapter. Only story reputation points are counted with regard to the moderation queue. Don't lose heart as these points do quickly add up. I understand that it is frustrating, but I can say that it is worthwhile, you will get my friend, I know from experience as do many other authors.

@Mancunian, thank you for clearing this up.  Yes, I was under the impression it was the author's reputation and not the story's that made the difference.  Thank you, again, for answering this with details.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, John Henry said:

@Mancunian, thank you for clearing this up.  Yes, I was under the impression it was the author's reputation and not the story's that made the difference.  Thank you, again, for answering this with details.

It's my pleasure to be of help. I'm sure that there are many others who would do the same if they had seen your post before I did. 

You have done the right thing by asking, there are many of us who are willing to help. If you have any other questions don't be afraid to ask, one of us will answer them for you. If you prefer you can message and I'll do what I can when I see the message.

• Like 5