Welcome to Chicago! :)

Hehehe, it's almost time! A close friend of mine from our Shack family here online is coming all the way from Canada to visit Chicago for the very first time! And while I wish I could be there with you, dude...I want to extend a hearty welcome regardless! :D

Now, you did have some questions, and I hope the following videos will help! Naturally, as a big fan of "GFD", Navy Pier is a must, but there's much more to see in terms of where to eat and stuff! Trust me...you are going to love it soooo much! My cousin went to visit last year, just to see what all the fuss was about...and he LIVES there now! Just packed his shit up and moved there after just ONE visit!

What will happen when you go? ::Giggles:: Have fun!

(And the boys...oh my, the boys!)

Let's start here...

• Love 1

DEFINITELY get a Giordano's stuffed pizza! Pepperoni and sausage! But get a SMALL, or you'll be eating it for, like, a week! It is soooooo fucking GOOD!!! You'll thank me for it later!

Portillo's is a MUST! Italian beef, with hot peppers and cheese! And you have to get it dipped!!! (Dry??? Who does that?) You'll go through, like...50 napkins, but that whole sandwich will melt in your mouth to the point where you won't be able to live without it ever again! I actually save up money, and have Portillo's freeze dried and mailed to my house! It's pricey, but putting a few bucks aside a little bit at a time...TOTALLY worth it! This something that I do for birthdays and Christmas! It's THAT special to me!

I think it's 35th and Cermak, but Chinatown is definitely worth a visit! "Dolo" is crazy good...but you WILL wait, and you'll have to pay! But almost everything in Chinatown is awesome! So, no matter where you go, you'll always get something delicious. The businesses always are in direct competition with one another, so you're going to get an 'A' effort at a competitive price. Check them out! :P

If you get a chance, just West of the downtown area is an awesome place to check out! The food and culture is incredible! And most of the teen boys look like Deme from "Left Without Words"! So, you know...there's that bonus! Hehehe!

• Love 1

Obviously, you're going to Navy Pier...but just know that there are free trolleys that can take you there. So don't waste money on a cab or anything. You'll love it once you get to see it in person! And again...the boys! LOL! So have fun! Some things have changed since I was last there, but you can walk the docks for free and just absorb the whole vibe of the place. Plus fireworks twice a week!

It's just something to see on your first visit. And it's a cool place to hang out, but it's smaller than most people would have you believe. Also, if you go out to Grant Park, that's where they show old movies on a big screen for free! Like a drive-in...but without any cars. Just sit on the grass and check it out. I think they're still cleaning up from Lollapalooza this past weekend, but they might have something else going on by the time you get there! :)

Hopleaf is cool as shit! I know that you asked me about beer...and Hopleaf has, like...nearly SEVENTY different types to choose from! And they know their shit too! They can fit something to your taste, and they serve certain beers in certain shaped glasses so they'll 'breathe' the way they're supposed to when you're tasting them. And if you get some good munchies along with them? Heaven! Your dad would love this place!

The first time I tasted a Kuma burger...I was convinced that someone in the back had slaughtered a UNICORN and sprinkled elf orgasms all over it! Hahaha! Dude...Kuma burgers are beyond explanation! It's a heavy metal rock place, but the burgers are like classical music come to life! Juicy and delicious! West Belmont! Definitely try one out if you can! This is where me and Pete used to go whenever we met up and talked about Shack stuff! But prepare ahead of time! There will be an almost two HOUR wait to get in! It's just that good! Hehehe, God...I'm hungry now!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..