[Vlista] Cameron Chapter 18

:o WOW --- What else can I say! :2thumbs:

Vance is the :king:

Wow indeed! This chapter is a MUST READ!!! I loved it!

One thing though: It's not on linked on the page! The chapters there end at 17.

It can be viewed, though, by pulling up any of the other chapters and then changing the chapter number at the end of the URL to 18.

An amazing chapter Vance!!! AND THE FIRST TIME ONE OF MY PREDICTIONS CAME TRUE!!!! :2thumbs:

I got a good laugh out of thinking that karma really doesn't like Mr.Harris. All those "evil" gays keep crossing his path and catching the son of his ex-girlfriend making out with the nephew of the girl she cheated on him with!!! :funny:

I still don't know where this is going with Kyle. His reaction to finding out about Cameron seems to be history repeating itself with the way Mr.Harris started a malicious smear campaign about his ex. I can't just yet accept that Kyle is a homophobe & a hypocrit (his little discussion with Cameron about how he wouldn't treat a gay friend badly but would just try to "save" them). He's acting like he wouldn't cross the street to spit on Cameron if he was on fire but I still have (a probably niave) hope that this is a front for his father. I think that if Vance was going to have Kyle simply end all ties with Cameron, he wouldn't be getting a mention each chapter... but what form will the conflict take the shape of?

I can hardly wait for next Friday!

Steve

Maybe Ryan is, but he's just pissed that C is and is messing with another guy.

Ryan kinda really liked havin' C around. Maybe Ry is really repressed and shy about it and never took a risk?

Ryan had no reason to think C was gay or that there was any hope of it, did he?

The 'look of disgust' is filtered through C, it may simply be C's interpretation of 'a look I didn' see him have before'.

I think you mean Kyle and Cameron ... ;)

Wow, Is this cool or what.. Cant wait to find out where this leads everyone. A family trip to P town? I am hoping this leads off to more instead of wrapping up as i was a fearing. I spent yesterday and today at the Rockland Lobster Festival a large festival in a small Maine town which kinda brings out alot of what Vance has pictured in several of his stories. This odd combination of the present and maybe the fifties or seventies. Pax all. Steve

This was really really funny. Incridibly funny. A bit like history repeating itself, too.

Well, I guess our prediction came throught...though no one really expected her name to be Patty...or that she would be Cole's aunt. I don't know how to react.

As to the situation with Kyle (Ryan? WTF?), I'm still baffled, but because I don't see anymore conflicts needing to be resolved, I assume that the next chapter will tell us exactly what is wrong with Kyle? Maybe Kyle and Cam will be friends again? I'm not sure. It's possible that Vance will make us wait until after Operation Ditch Church Camp.

Awesome chapter, Vance! I really enjoyed it!

I still don't know where this is going with Kyle. His reaction to finding out about Cameron seems to be history repeating itself with the way Mr.Harris started a malicious smear campaign about his ex. I can't just yet accept that Kyle is a homophobe & a hypocrit (his little discussion with Cameron about how he wouldn't treat a gay friend badly but would just try to "save" them). He's acting like he wouldn't cross the street to spit on Cameron if he was on fire but I still have (a probably niave) hope that this is a front for his father. I think that if Vance was going to have Kyle simply end all ties with Cameron, he wouldn't be getting a mention each chapter... but what form will the conflict take the shape of?

I agree, Steve. I think there's definitely more left to happen between Kyle and Cameron, as well as Cameron and his dad.

I spent yesterday and today at the Rockland Lobster Festival a large festival in a small Maine town which kinda brings out alot of what Vance has pictured in several of his stories. This odd combination of the present and maybe the fifties or seventies. Pax all. Steve

Wow! That sounds like so much fun!!

Well, I guess our prediction came throught...though no one really expected her name to be Patty...or that she would be Cole's aunt. I don't know how to react.

LOL well that's sorta what I meant by:

I wonder if perhaps Cole's aunt's name is Christine? 0:)

in the chapter 17 thread. I was mostly joking though, but it was sure a delight when it came true! In fact that whole chapter was just a lot of fun to read! I can just imagine EVERYONE's shocked expressions.

Just think if their relationships work out and eventually gay marriage is legalized they can all get married in a weird, giant double ceremony :P:boy: . Of course it'll be hard to explain to the (adopted) children, "oh yes, your grandmothers are also your great aunts." :blink: LOL but no odder than alot of other situations straight people find themselves in.

Anyway fantastic chapter and a very enjoyable one to read! I was smiling and laughing with delight for most of it :D

Wow indeed! This chapter is a MUST READ!!! I loved it!

One thing though: It's not on linked on the page! The chapters there end at 17.

It can be viewed, though, by pulling up any of the other chapters and then changing the chapter number at the end of the URL to 18.

Hmmm Will this work with chapters 19 and 20 as well? :P:boy:

Have an awesome day and take care everyone!!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

I'm surprised that anyone was surprised by this plot twist. At least 3 of us independently posted our thoughts that Cam's mom was a lesbian and an entire thread was started on this. The first thing I thought when both Cam's Mom and Cole's aunt were going to be out late that night is, 'I wonder if they're going out together?' When Cam and Cole started making out in Coles house, I knew what would happen, and it did! It was all too formulaic, but i loved it. :D

Kyle? There's a lot more going on there. Either he's gay himself as a lot of people have suggested, he's bi/confulsed or he's just plain catching a lot of heat from his dad. Think about it - it was one thing when he was talking to Cam about his thoughts in private, but now that his dad knows that his best friend is/was gay? He may just be overreacting to the way his dad's coming down on him. Either way, I think that Kyle's going to reconcile with Cam in the end, and tell his dad where to go. Hmm . . . :blink:

I'm surprised that anyone was surprised by this plot twist. At least 3 of us independently posted our thoughts that Cam's mom was a lesbian and an entire thread was started on this. The first thing I thought when both Cam's Mom and Cole's aunt were going to be out late that night is, 'I wonder if they're going out together?' When Cam and Cole started making out in Coles house, I knew what would happen, and it did! It was all too formulaic, but i loved it. :D

Kyle? There's a lot more going on there. Either he's gay himself as a lot of people have suggested, he's bi/confulsed or he's just plain catching a lot of heat from his dad. Think about it - it was one thing when he was talking to Cam about his thoughts in private, but now that his dad knows that his best friend is/was gay? He may just be overreacting to the way his dad's coming down on him. Either way, I think that Kyle's going to reconcile with Cam in the end, and tell his dad where to go. Hmm . . . :blink:

Hope your Right Altimexis.

My thinking exactly... I don't think it would be too much of a stretch that Kyle was subjected to a modern day version of the Spanish Inquisition by Mr.Harris and alot of questions about his own orientation given how close he was to Cameron and all the number of times he had him sleep over. If nothing else I bet his "loving" father wanted an explaination on how he didn't know about Cameron. I would bet that Kyle is being watched like a hawk by his Dad to ensure that Cameron didn't bring him over to the dark side.

Steve

This was a great chapter!!

I almost feel that the stroy could end here... I would not be upset if it did, however I would love to see what happens with Kyle, and the trip.

Wonder ful job Vance, you are the GREATEST! :worship:

:hug: for Vance.

Kurt :D

This was a great chapter!!

I almost feel that the story could end here.... I would not be upset if it did, however I would love to see what happens with Kyle, and the trip.

Wonderful job Vance, you are the GREATEST! :worship:

:hug: for Vance.

I could second everything Kurt just said!

--Rigel

Hmm... now, I have been thinking. Will They all move in together? If they do, what kind of rules will be put in place regarding who sleeps where? This could be bad... maybe Cameron and COle will not have as much freedom. I dunno. Hmm.

Hmm... now, I have been thinking. Will They all move in together? If they do, what kind of rules will be put in place regarding who sleeps where? This could be bad... maybe Cameron and COle will not have as much freedom. I dunno. Hmm.

If I had to guess I'd say that they won't end up moving in together. At least not within the time frame of the story. I also think that if they did it wouldn't be a big problem regarding Cam and Cole's freedom. Remember this passage from the last chapter: