Rave Boy

By Razor

https://www.gayauthors.org/eficiton/viewstory.php?sid=182

That is the link that you need to visit for a really great story. I read all eight chapters today and I think it's great. It reads like having your best friend telling you a story. (or atleast one of my good friends) The story feels as real as any day I spent in my teens, and many that I get through today. Had I spent my teen years in Kosciusko, MS where I lived for a few years before moving to florida, I think I'd still be popping pills and smoking to burn out the memory of the place. As it is now, I just avoid the pills.... and smoke to my hearts content.

The story smacks with an in your face reality that is not for those with fragile sensibilities. Throughout the entire story the emotion is so vividly described that you can almost taste the salt in the tears. It addresses teenage drinking and drug use as it truly is. No, I'm not advocating it, and I'm not going to say it's a bad thing either. Drinking and drug use is common in todays society whether it should be allowed or not. It is what it is.

---

Now for things I might have changed (and mind you it is an extremely small list)

I would have liked more descriptions of people and places.(specifically the Psychic)

There were a few run on sentences, and places where punctuation might have been changed, but over all I didn't slow me down one bit as I tore through the story.

I didn't notice any spelling errors or 'sound alike' word issues, but then again I'm not the best at that so don't hold me to it.

---

Now... on that note Razor... Any idea when the next chapter will be coming out?

Can't wait to see it!

---

Hun, the next chapter will be out as soon as my freaky little brain can come up with it. Just so you guys know, this is the rough version (meaning not rewritten, proofread, or edited), and I'm having plot difficulties and wondering if my facts are all jiving together correctly.

However, it WILL be out soon, and I hope everybody takes some time to read it.

And I really appreciate the compliments, DarkShadow. I especially like how you perceived the storytelling style, since it was a suggestion from a dear friend that I use the same style of writing that I used in my old blog... he called it "stream of consciousness" writing, and found it very interesting. Always said it made him feel "like he was in my head when everything was going on". I thought it would be worth a try, and I'm truly glad that it caught your interest in that manner. :D ~does the dance of a thousand happies~

LOL 'hun'. I have worked for months to quit using that word. Between my years in Kentucky and Mississippi, it became part of my writing a few months ago. It was totally engrained into my speech. There are so many different slang I have picked up from state to state it's a wonder anyone can understand me at all.

(ie.)

Illinois, Kentucky, Mississippi, Florida

You People, Y'all, Y'all, Dudes,

Grocery Cart, Shopping Cart, Buggie, Basket,

Get your hair done, Get your hair done, Get your hair did, Buy dye,

Pop, Coke, Soda, Soda,

Jewel, Kroger, Piggly Wiggly, Publix, (grocery stores)

Winter hat, cap, Boggin, (no such thing),

Incidentally... a toboggin or 'boggin' where I grew up is considered a sled. Imagine the confusion that caused when I moved to Mississippi.

There are so many different sayings from state to state it just cracks me up.

So dearheart, I'll wait (albeit impatiently) and hope to see it soon.

Take care of you and thanks for the fun read.

Hun, the next chapter will be out as soon as my freaky little brain can come up with it. Just so you guys know, this is the rough version (meaning not rewritten, proofread, or edited), and I'm having plot difficulties and wondering if my facts are all jiving together correctly.

However, it WILL be out soon, and I hope everybody takes some time to read it.

And I really appreciate the compliments, DarkShadow. I especially like how you perceived the storytelling style, since it was a suggestion from a dear friend that I use the same style of writing that I used in my old blog... he called it "stream of consciousness" writing, and found it very interesting. Always said it made him feel "like he was in my head when everything was going on". I thought it would be worth a try, and I'm truly glad that it caught your interest in that manner. :D ~does the dance of a thousand happies~

Chapter Nine is out, so have at it. I really hope everybody that reads enjoys it, because it was sort of hastily written. I'm currently debating whether or not to go ahead and start rewriting it, or finish the story definitively first, then go back and smooth it all out. What do you guys think? Is it good enough right now to stand until finished, or should it be rewritten now?

So yeah... chapter nine and such. :D Oh yeah, I'm going to start adding a few other stories I've begun, so please look for them. I'm hoping to get a little momentum on writing and finish some projects that have been long left neglected.

Chapter Nine is out, so have at it. I really hope everybody that reads enjoys it, because it was sort of hastily written. I'm currently debating whether or not to go ahead and start rewriting it, or finish the story definitively first, then go back and smooth it all out. What do you guys think? Is it good enough right now to stand until finished, or should it be rewritten now?

So yeah... chapter nine and such. :D Oh yeah, I'm going to start adding a few other stories I've begun, so please look for them. I'm hoping to get a little momentum on writing and finish some projects that have been long left neglected.

I've visited the place you describe in your story. It scares me that you 'at your age' know so much and describe it to a 'T'. The chapter is excellent and doesn't need much if any editing.

My first reaction was to give you a slap for pitching the baggie lol.... how odd is that! You make me want to break out my tarot and reinforce what the lady says to you.

You know better... you're not stupid ( or atleast the character is not ) but I get a pretty strong sense of some overflow from reality into your writing.

Listen you heathen... do what you do, but do it smart. Quit screwing with the dangerous shit. You know better.

Quit pissing in your own wheaties I'd tell him. No good comes of it.

By the way... the readings are given as an offering... and generally... 20$ ;) If she is as good as you portray... she'd never ask, but you know it's supposed to be.

Take care! Great chapter... and I wait for the next!

My story is just that, a story. The drug use and drug culture described therein is based on personal experience, word of mouth, and research. I don't advocate the substances described, and in fact I think they are mostly very bad things. However, they are a necessary part of my story, so they are there. If one reads the summary, one notices the mention of drug addiction pertaining to Joey. I hope that covers any and all interests as to how the author knows as much as he does about drugs and drug culture.