[Vlista] Unbreakable Faith: Chapter 8

I like Raymond. He could be a fantastic friend for Ian, especially with the situations they both come from. Of course, I'm rooting for a relationship with Nathan too (aww, they're already flirting!). Without having his parents around making him miserable, I can finally tell how great of a character Ian is. He's nice and funny, and we couldn't tell that before. He'll get used to things quickly, I can tell, especially with the help of his new friends. I just hope Kevin stops being an ass.

Just a feel good chapter, great job Vance. :2thumbs:

Well Jeff's straight, or at least appears to be. :( ......what do ya do.

I liked the way people were reaching out to Ian, or at least the ones that cared about how he is doing.

That was nice Kelly checking up on Ian, now if she had just hit Kevin in the head with a frying pan............. :o

Ex.

Edited by ex52tech

I enjoyed seeing Ian start discovering a whole world that he had been forceably removed from for his entire life. I was especially glad to see Ian get angry with the good Reverend and his wife for robbing Ian of experiences that every child should have.

I think Ian will eventually figure out why he likes it when Nathan flirts with him and then we'll see the sparks fly!

Steve

I love DK's analogy of "This chapter was like the sun coming out after a day of vicious thunderstorms."

It's fascinating now to watch Ian catch up on the development he missed by being sheltered/imprisoned/trapped by the Weavers. I noticed that when he had lunch in the cafeteria with Nathan and the gang, there was no mention of him pausing to say grace. A subtle point perhaps, but a sign nevertheless that Ian is changing.

With Ian's interest in helping in the kitchen, I can see Kelly Harvey taking the opportuntiy to teach him to be a fine cook. And Nathan becoming a very close friend: I'll bet by the next day's lunch (or soon thereafter), Ian or Nathan will have made sure that Raymond Carter gets invited to join the gang for lunch instead of eating alone. And when Raymond has to interview Ian for his assignment, what a plethora of possibilities will await him!

--Rigel