[Jack Scribe] Domes & Teapots - chapters 8 & 9

I enjoyed chapters 8 & 9 - well actually all the chapters so far.

Why did you write "for the few readers" (not an exact quote but close enough)?

Is that being modest or what?

Are you not getting enough mail?

To what does Domes and Teapots refer?

Perhaps Domes are from one of your government buildings?

Probably not Toronto's Skydome or Houston's Astrodome...

And teapots? :huh:

It makes me think of England - but I am guessing

I am far off since I cannot see any connection to England at all so far.

Why did you write "for the few readers" (not an exact quote but close enough)?

Is that being modest or what?

Are you not getting enough mail?

To what does Domes and Teapots refer?

Fair questions, Dalmania.

1. There is a "views" counter with each topic in the forums. This story is just not registering that many hits. I admit that it's a little embarrassing and the note at the end of Chapter 8 was just a 'thank you' for the small audience that has been generated. After much internal debate, I sucked up my pride, put a bandage on my ego and moved forward. Maybe this was the way Ford felt after they rolled out the Edsel? :blink:

I readily admit that I write stories about adults...primarily for adults...and that many of the younger readers are just not interested in fiction involving 'senior citizens' in their 20's and 30's.

2. The title is a play on words. It refers to an infamous American scandal that involved greedy, crooked politicians in Washington, D.C. in the 1920's. The incident is referred to as "The Teapot Dome Scandal." Check out this Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teapot_Dome_scandal. :read: It is a fascinating re-cap of this stain on U.S. history.

I was amused by one reader's note to me offering congratulations on involving - indirectly - President Warren Harding - in an erotic gay story. :P Perhaps the title is a littel too obscure.

I sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy the story cuz I'm just writin' like crazy. 0:)

Jack B)

Edit: posted by mistake. Hot key did me in.

Holy cow, Jack! There's so much going on that I don't know where to start.

Chip Lewinthal is a fun character, a minority straight guy within Alpha! :P

I'm glad to see Kyle and Dex getting together permanently. Let's see, of the four main characters, only Kyle is now not part of Alpha, am I right? I wonder how long that can last, with the special rings and all.

When will TexOil ("Domes and Teapots", remember? :D ) come back into the picture?

Edited by knotme
  • 4 weeks later...
Edit: posted by mistake. Hot key did me in.

Holy cow, Jack! There's so much going on that I don't know where to start.

Chip Lewinthal is a fun character, a minority straight guy within Alpha! :P

I'm glad to see Kyle and Dex getting together permanently. Let's see, of the four main characters, only Kyle is now not part of Alpha, am I right? I wonder how long that can last, with the special rings and all.

When will TexOil ("Domes and Teapots", remember? :D ) come back into the picture?

I'm coming in late here, but I'm well and truly hooked! I LOVE politics!!!

I'll cover the last few chapters here.

The online job aptitude test was intriguing!!! It added a lot of depth IMHO, plus made it interesting!

Edited by C James