[dkstories] The Bully

The Principal is such a snake. Daniel is fearless and in his face.
Yup. His snake-ness became crystal clear only this time for me. Before, I could almost argue that Eddie and Mr. Betlock deserved each other. I now see that Belch-a-lot is a snake at heart, not in reaction to Eddie.

The dialog is really good. I'm a little surprised again. I expected Eddie to be leading Daniel at this point, and it's mostly the other way around.

Do you think Eddie will let himself end up with Danny?
Huh. *thinking* Eddie's long list of reasons for having to stay in his home town is looking shabby, as his views into his future life there become grimmer. My guess is that Eddie will agree some variation of Daniel's idea: a 2-year college followed by a transfer to UNLV. Eddy's absence might actually make his father heart grow fonder. If not, tough. I can imagine several plot twists that would ruin this scenario, and I've no doubt that DK could think of more. :P
  • 3 weeks later...