Sky's The Limit by captainrick

It will be, I promise. If you didn't see my other thread, I've gotten a generous offer to host this story at Awesomedude. :D They posted the first 2 chapters initially week before last, even though they usually only post single chapters. Chapter 3 was posted there Saturday. I've been trying to let them catch up. They post about every 7 days. I will post Chapt 4 here on Wed. nite and then that site should be caught up by Saturday. Then, by the next weekend both sites should be on parity. At least that's the plan. Anyhow, I know I left y'all in a cliffhanger, but all this happened rather suddenly and I'm trying to work with it. Take that as an apology, but I don't offer it as an excuse. These first chapters have been written and edited for sometime, I just want to be fair to everyone.

Thanks to everyone for reading, I really appreciate all of you :wub:

Rick

Pssst, CaptainRick, it's this thread that starts with the awsomedude news. :P

Congratulations on that hosting!!! :2thumbs:

I'm looking forward to reading 4!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam and Steve were cool, though it did spook me a lot when the invited two minors back for drinks! I'll bet that was intentional on your part: Great!

I like their way their relationship is developing: The unease, the growing acceptance, very well done.

And yet another EVIL cliffhanger!!!! ARGH! This one is even more wicked than the last! :ranger:

I can't wait to see who the guy with something in his hand is. My guess? Adam or Steve, there to save Jonah and Sky's necks. They sure sound like they need saving at this point!!

Adam and Steve were cool, though it did spook me a lot when the invited two minors back for drinks! I'll bet that was intentional on your part: Great!

I like their way their relationship is developing: The unease, the growing acceptance, very well done.

And yet another EVIL cliffhanger!!!! ARGH! This one is even more wicked than the last! :ranger:

I can't wait to see who the guy with something in his hand is. My guess? Adam or Steve, there to save Jonah and Sky's necks. They sure sound like they need saving at this point!!

Ya, know, at one time I had something a little evil happening at Steve's house. Had to do with sex and a video camera :devil: But I nixed it. It was the buildup of the potential. This is where I tried to let these two act like naive kids and be spontaneous. Going off with these two guys to who knows what kind of situation. This time it worked out okay for them.

A cliffhanger? Look who's complaining about a cliffhanger! :o hmmm. Just had to get even, that's all. :P

Ya, know, at one time I had something a little evil happening at Steve's house. Had to do with sex and a video camera :devil: But I nixed it. It was the buildup of the potential. This is where I tried to let these two act like naive kids and be spontaneous. Going off with these two guys to who knows what kind of situation. This time it worked out okay for them.

That bit with the pictures when they first met definitly made me think "uhoh!", and then the drinks, definitly set off my alarm bells. Jonah and Sky were so happy to meet another gay couple that they were definitly being naive. Very well done, and it worked great!

I also note the "this time"... Uhoh!

Although, they sure are in hot water now due to Sky's arm, that was definitly naive, and all too believable, sadly.

Hmmm... We still don't really know if Steve and Adam have good intentions or not. As you say, things worked out ok this time...

A cliffhanger? Look who's complaining about a cliffhanger! :o hmmm. Just had to get even, that's all. :P

What? 0:)

Me? Do a cliffhanger? Would I do such a thing? 0:)

Besides, you STARTED this story with a cliffhanger, and who knows how many chapters it will be until we find out what happens to Sky and Jonah after their outing. :devil:

Hmmm... We still don't really know if Steve and Adam have good intentions or not. As you say, things worked out ok this time...

What? 0:)

Me? Do a cliffhanger? Would I do such a thing? 0:)

Besides, you STARTED this story with a cliffhanger, and who knows how many chapters it will be until we find out what happens to Sky and Jonah after their outing. :devil:

Lots and lots. In fact I'm still writing that! And didn't I tell you once upon a time that I have finished writing book 1? :blink: In fact you're starting to pick up on how this story took the twist that it did. :great:

Rick

Lots and lots. In fact I'm still writing that! And didn't I tell you once upon a time that I have finished writing book 1? :blink: In fact you're starting to pick up on how this story took the twist that it did. :great:

Rick

Wow, so we have a Loong way to go! COOL!

Don't suppose you could tell us how many chapters are in book one?

Hmmmm... the more I think about it, the more I realize that I wanted to say that it was unrealistic that they would go with stangers to drink like that, but, the key word is "wanted", because, clearly, things like that do happen in real life, all too often.

Wow, so we have a Loong way to go! COOL!

Don't suppose you could tell us how many chapters are in book one?

Hmmmm... the more I think about it, the more I realize that I wanted to say that it was unrealistic that they would go with stangers to drink like that, but, the key word is "wanted", because, clearly, things like that do happen in real life, all too often.

K, I'll say there are more than 25 chapters in Book 1. And 12 so far in book 2. (Not nearly through editing tho) Without it being a spoiler, the "cliffie" in chapt 1 IS NOT the end of this strory, or book 1, but the beginning of book 2. I toldya, there's lots of twists and turns.

Yeah, things like that DO happen all to often. Most Kids are basically naive and if they have had relatively sheltered lives like these two, especially so. These two were just happy to meet another gay couple, especially a couple that was "out". Curiosity won out over good sense like it does with too many kids.

Hugs,

Rick

Okay guys, Chapter four is up. Let me know what y'all think.

Rick

I've been trying to get this read all damn day! Talk about frustrating! I'm glad I got it finished, and now... of course, disappointed I don't have more!!!! MORE DAMN YOU! :)

Here was my review!

I love it more with every chapter that you post. I can't say much more than that. I have no complaints, and not a thing that I would do or suggest done differently.

Great story!

I'm beginning to wonder if we need a 'cliff hanger's anonymous' meeting! Loved it! Stick both you, Cjames and the rest of you heathen in there... ( 0:) not me of course 0:) ) I'm still in denial lol.

As always... I can't wait to read the next chapter!

K, I'll say there are more than 25 chapters in Book 1. And 12 so far in book 2. (Not nearly through editing tho) Without it being a spoiler, the "cliffie" in chapt 1 IS NOT the end of this strory, or book 1, but the beginning of book 2. I toldya, there's lots of twists and turns.

Yeah, things like that DO happen all to often. Most Kids are basically naive and if they have had relatively sheltered lives like these two, especially so. These two were just happy to meet another gay couple, especially a couple that was "out". Curiosity won out over good sense like it does with too many kids.

Hugs,

Rick

Wow, that IS a lot of twists and turns! :2thumbs:

I hope those two "wise up" soon, though, because life can be awfully unforgiving.

Hmmm, minor spoiler time: We know they survive the attack, as I suspect that there wouldn't be 25 more chapters if they were both dead. 0:)

Cliffhanger over! Chapter 5 is up!

Rick

I won't mention it as it is a HUGE spoiler, but wow, I sure never expected THAT!!!

I loved Sky's confession. Very sweet and heartfelt.

Now we see how they ended up in a long-distance relationship!

:2thumbs:

Hey, Rick,

NOTICE!

Spoilers ahead. If you haven't read Sky's the Limit chapter 5, stop reading this post IMMEDIATELY and go read the chapter.

If you have read chapter 5, scroll on down...

Whoa! You did the right thing in chapter 5 and didn't let Jonah or Sky get hurt. Damn, I was scared about what was going to happen, but you solved their problem and told us something important about Jonah that we didn't know, he's a real expert in Kendo karate. You gave us a hint in chapter 1, but you sure fleshed it out in chapter 5! That was some serious shit that was going down, but I was smiling all the time I was reading, thinking "Go, Jonah, smash those God damned assholes!" :angry:

The ending, with Sky head over heals in love and Jonah not knowing what he feels is great. Leaves lots of room for further exploration. :hug:

I'll be watching for chapter 6! :read:

Colin :boy:

That was a really great chapter!! :2thumbs:

Very romantic, and that camping trip sure sounds like it will be a perfect adjunct to this chapter! :2thumbs:

Hmmmm, sounds to me like Jonah's dad suspects his son was involved in the brawl, or at least has thoughts in that direction.

Sky's Mom being a fundie does not bode well.

Great chapter, Rick!!! :2thumbs:

Your wish is my command, Six is already up. Enjoy!

Rick

Another great chapter. Not a lot of action, but a lot of tenderness. We also learned more about both dads. And the relationship between Jonah and Sky has developed to a new level. Nice to have a breather after chapter 5!

Another great chapter. Not a lot of action, but a lot of tenderness. We also learned more about both dads. And the relationship between Jonah and Sky has developed to a new level. Nice to have a breather after chapter 5!

Ditto. I also liked the way you resolved the action of the previous evening by giving the reader information concerning the rednecks.

Jack B)

K, guys, I'm a little nervous about Chapter 7. Let me know. I've never tried to write, well, um scenes like this :sheep:

Please let me know if there was too much, not enough whatever.

Thanks,

Rick

Considering that I've only ever written one scene "like that", and that was months ago, I'm certinaly not one to opine on that. LoL!

I liked it a lot! Very sweet, their feelings really come across. I very much liked the part where they get to exchange vists with their Dad's blessings. :great::2thumbs:

Ok guys, Chapter 8 is up. So far I'm managing to post two chapters a week I think I can keep that up for a while as long as I don't wear out my editor. :P

Anyhow, I hope you guys enjoy, there's some really fun chapters coming up, but I need to know what you guys think of the story. I want ALL comments and suggestions. Please don't be shy or afraid to criticize.

Thanks

Rick

Rick,

Chapter 8: another excellent chapter. :great: It was like a breather, until Dex told Jonah that Lori has the hots for him. Not a hold-your-breath cliffhanger, but this is undoubtedly an intro to some for-certain interesting stuff in the next (few?) chapter(s). Two other interesting story lines:

1. Sky's dad and his "slut" girlfriend Katie, who we should be learning more about in the future, are getting married. How's Sky going to react, how's his relationship with his dad going to be affected, is Katie really a slut?

2. Jonah and his dad seem to be having a better relationship now than they were in earlier chapters. How's that going to develop?

Rick,

Chapter 8: another excellent chapter. :great: It was like a breather, until Dex told Jonah that Lori has the hots for him. Not a hold-your-breath cliffhanger, but this is undoubtedly an intro to some for-certain interesting stuff in the next (few?) chapter(s). Two other interesting story lines:

Hi Colin! I loved this too, and was also intreguied by the problem Jonah now has with Lori. That can get SOOOO complicated.

Rick, Great chapter, and I think my favorite line was this one:

I don't remember the last words Sky and I said to each other that evening, but I'll never forget the kiss.

Wow, great chapter. I was thinking that things would not go well with either Lori or his sis, but they did!!

He also gets to see Sky again soon! :2thumbs:

"Jonah I just know. It's a very long story that I will tell you one day.

Now that is intreguing!!!

So, there is the matter of Dex, but other than that things are going well for Jonah.

I think the song was a great touch, too! :2thumbs:

I like the story, and the techological touch of including the .mp3 of the song is a briliant one--an idea worth stealing. (I read your story at Awesomedude, where it's easy to puch the button and listen to the song.)

Awaiting further developments in future chapters.

--Rigel