Sky's The Limit by captainrick

The wedding went well, much to my shock. I was expecting major trouble. However, Doug Morris is at the wedding, and is a freind of theirs? THAT does not bode well!

Jonah and Sky are really sweet together in this one, and it is definitly a "feeling good" chapter, though with some worries for the future.

:2thumbs::2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs::2thumbs:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great chapter, Rick. :worship:

I understand you had to do a lot of rewriting at the last minute - such is the life of being an author. Our work is never done! :pickaxe:

I'm glad that CJ was able to lend his help. He always has a million and one things going on, including writing his own story, but he never shies away from lending a helping hand. :2hands:

Chapter 18 is a nice interlude. The boys having a chance to be out, if only for a brief time, was a nice glimpse of the way life should have been for them - the way life should be for all gay teens. It's very nicely written. :2thumbs:

Why is it that I feel that the first shoe could drop any time? :blink:

Great chapter, Rick. :worship:

I understand you had to do a lot of rewriting at the last minute - such is the life of being an author. Our work is never done! :pickaxe:

I'm glad that CJ was able to lend his help. He always has a million and one things going on, including writing his own story, but he never shies away from lending a helping hand. :2hands:

Chapter 18 is a nice interlude. The boys having a chance to be out, if only for a brief time, was a nice glimpse of the way life should have been for them - the way life should be for all gay teens. It's very nicely written. :2thumbs:

Why is it that I feel that the first shoe could drop any time? :blink:

Great chapter Rick, and I was happy to help! (and thanks!!).

Thanks too Altimexis. :wub:

I loved the NYE party, and them getting to be "out" for a night. Bruce was great, too :2thumbs:

I agree with Altimexis; it was very poignant that they got to be out, only to have to go right back into the closet again. A great NYE though! And it was cool seeing Jonah take the initiative and head back fro Bruce's.

Chapter 19 is up!!!

This is a must read... Jonah has one hell of a wicked sense of humor!!! That scene was PERFECT! I think it also shows how much Jonah is changing; he's far from the shy and insecure guy he was at first.

I'm definitely growing to dislike Sky's parents. I think it is very sweet but misguided of him to be concerned for them as he is.

Chapter 20 is great. Sweet ending, Sky and Jonah together at Jonah's mom's grave. And the way Jonah "solved" his problem with Jason was very cool. Of course, are all of Jonah's family problems really going to stay resolved? And what about Sky -- remember that first paragraph in chapter 1? :o

Colin :boy:

Chapter 20 is great. Sweet ending, Sky and Jonah together at Jonah's mom's grave. And the way Jonah "solved" his problem with Jason was very cool. Of course, are all of Jonah's family problems really going to stay resolved? And what about Sky -- remember that first paragraph in chapter 1? :o

THANKS COLIN! You're right! What about Sky and that little scene in Chapt 1? Oh you are sooo perceptive. Could be something big coming. Really big.

Rick

NOOOOOooooooooo!!!!! :o

I'm with Altimexis! Nooo!

GREAT Ch 20 Rick! That graveside scene was truly touching.

I'm definitely not liking the new in-laws, at all!

Thanks Rick, well done!! :2thumbs:

CJ

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 21 is up!

Zack sure is smart, and I absolutely loved the feel of discomfort in that scene. It is one of my favorites in the story. :2thumbs:

Zach's approach in that scene was a perfect fit; I've known precocious kids like that, and he really rings true.

Well done Rick!

CJ

I love it I love it I love it!

Jason is the harbinger of doom for Sky and Jonah. Or, maybe... not! Rick's got us readers by the gonads and he's starting to squeeze. I can hardly wait for chapter 23!!

I love it I love it I love it!

Jason is the harbinger of doom for Sky and Jonah. Or, maybe... not! Rick's got us readers by the gonads and he's starting to squeeze. I can hardly wait for chapter 23!!

That has got to be the most evil cliffhanger! LoL!

I agree, maybe this is what was hinted at in the prologue, or, maybe not!

I loved the scene with Dex's dad, too!

:2thumbs::2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

WARNING!! :nuke: WARNING!!

SPOILERS :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: AHEAD!!

Scroll down to read ONLY if you've already read chapter 23.

Otherwise, go read it here first.

Chapter 23 (finally) loops back to where, probably in chapter 24 (or shortly thereafter), chapter 1 started us on this journey of teenage love and angst written by our fearless Captain himself, Rick.

For now we have to leave Sky to his future fates, as our questions and concerns about Jonah predominate. For example:

• Will Jonah make himself sick by not eating? A teen can't live on water alone!
  • Will Jonah actually be allowed to attend school? Or are his b*****d of a dad and b***h of a step-mom going to send him to military school?
  • If he does go to school, what's his reception going to be like?
  • Will Doc be able to talk some sense into Jonah's dad's thick skull? Will Doc offer to have Jonah move in with him and Dex?
  • Will Sarah be able to do anything when she arrives in (as Jonah puts it) "the middle of nof**kingwhere"? Will Sarah have a knock-down drag-out battle with their dad? Will Jonah move to New York to live with Sarah?
  • Will Sarah (or even, perhaps, Doc) threaten to call in Alabama Child Protective Services because of the way Jonah is being treated by his dad?

Oh, there's just so much that can, and will, happen. But who knows what lurks in the mind of Rick? Especially since he's starting a new job and is using that as an excuse to keep us hanging by our fingernails over the edge of the precipice of cliffhangers. ARRRRRGHHHHHHHH!

Colin, I've got to steal your spoiler warning! That's great!!

I think Colin is right: the prologue showed us Sky driving away, and he just did. Poor Sky now has to go home and out himself, and Jonah has his own hell to deal with.

Yipes, that is a cliffhanger of an ending! What is going to happen to these two?

Well, I never liked the new step-family, but I had no idea it would work out like that! I'm wondering who will have it worse, Jonah or Sky? Yipes...

Rick, good luck with the new job!!! And thanks for another great chapter! :2thumbs:

Colin, I've got to steal your spoiler warning! That's great!!

I think Colin is right: the prologue showed us Sky driving away, and he just did. Poor Sky now has to go home and out himself, and Jonah has his own hell to deal with.

Yipes, that is a cliffhanger of an ending! What is going to happen to these two?

Well, I never liked the new step-family, but I had no idea it would work out like that! I'm wondering who will have it worse, Jonah or Sky? Yipes...

Rick, good luck with the new job!!! And thanks for another great chapter! :2thumbs:

Thanks Guys! :D

To Colin, yeah, the primary concern of this story is Jonah. After all it's his story. B)

I promise though that we will get Sky's story in Book 2. All of it. Watch for an announcement and teaser right here in this thread. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, chapter 24 is up and it's awesome! So scroll down to read ONLY if you've already read it.

Jonah's dad allowed him to return to school. While he drove him to school, Jonah asked his dad what his reaction would be if he'd been caught having sex with a girl instead of with Sky, and got the expected response.

Dex and Lori are totally supportive of Jonah, as we'd expect. Dex broke up with his GF when she called Jonah a fag. Mr. Lee, a vice principal, is obviously not going to make Jonah's life any easier. Thanks to Doc, who gave Jonah his total support when they talked during first period. Jonah tried to call Sky using Dex's cell, but no answer so he could only leave a voicemail.

The biggest problem is Doug Morris and some of his hanger-on fottball jock buddies. First, verbal harassment, then a confrontation in the parking lot after school, a fight, and Mr. Lee breaking it up and telling them that he wants to see them in his office first thing in the morning. And then Doug chasing Dex's Jeep as he drove Jonah and Zack home from school. And... another OMG cliffhanger! :o When is Rick going to post chapter 25? I don't know if I can wait that long!

Jonah's dad allowed him to return to school. While he drove him to school, Jonah asked his dad what his reaction would be if he'd been caught having sex with a girl instead of with Sky, and got the expected response.

Dex and Lori are totally supportive of Jonah, as we'd expect. Dex broke up with his GF when she called Jonah a fag. Mr. Lee, a vice principal, is obviously not going to make Jonah's life any easier. Thanks to Doc, who gave Jonah his total support when they talked during first period. Jonah tried to call Sky using Dex's cell, but no answer so he could only leave a voicemail.

The biggest problem is Doug Morris and some of his hanger-on fottball jock buddies. First, verbal harassment, then a confrontation in the parking lot after school, a fight, and Mr. Lee breaking it up and telling them that he wants to see them in his office first thing in the morning. And then Doug chasing Dex's Jeep as he drove Jonah and Zack home from school. And... another OMG cliffhanger! :o When is Rick going to post chapter 25? I don't know if I can wait that long!

This one was a wild ride in more ways than one!

The "coming out" went roughly as I'd guessed regarding the reactions of the various people. But, the fight with Doug looks to me like it was the harbinger of trouble, big trouble, due to that obviously not-accidental running-off-the-road.

Great fight scene too, and oh, what an evil cliffhanger!!!!!!!!

Great chapter! :2thumbs:

OK, chapter 25 is up and it's awesome! So scroll down to read ONLY if you've already read it.

Jonah's in the hospital recovering from serious injuries. Sarah is in town and giving him the support he needs. He is aware of what happened, who caused the accident, and he's told people it was Doug. Doug's gonna be in big hurt trouble! Jonah's dad is... struggling, maybe, with his reaction to Jonah. Things are going to change for Jonah, and we have a hint about Sky, too. But there's lots more that happened. I'm going to limit my spoilers, you'll have to read chapter 25 yourself to find out everything that happened. It's going to be controversial, and Rick has an afterward about it. Read this story! It's worth the time, and the interminable waiting for new chapters. Hey, Rick! Hint! Hint!

After reading the description of Jonah's injuries from the accident, I worry that Rick has put some serious mojo on New Jersey's Governor Jon Corzine. The release of Chapter 25 couldn't have been deliberately timed to be simultaneous with news of Gov. Corzine's accident, but the similarities are a little too close for Rick to plead complete innocence, I think. :D

--Rigel

Trust?

Considering the chapter has been written for at least three weeks, and considering that Rick posts regularly, I do believe it is pure coincidence. Or maybe the gov. got an advanced copy, anticipated the release date, and decided to do a copycat accident...

Chapter 26 is posted!

Excellent chapter! Lots of things happen, including a resolution to one problem and the discovery of another.

Things start looking up a little for Jacob, but then there's that discovery that could be bad, very bad. And Rick leaves us hanging! Bad Rick! Bad Rick!! You just march yourself up to the blackboard and write 1,000 times: "I wrote two chapters of Sky's the Limit in a row that had debilitating cliffhangers at the end. I promise to never do it again. Or, at least, to post new chapters more often!" :(

Chapter 26 is posted!

Excellent chapter! Lots of things happen, including a resolution to one problem and the discovery of anohter.

Things start looking up a little for Jacob, but then there's that discovery that could be bad, very bad. And Rick leaves us hanging! Bad Rick! Bad Rick!! You just march yourself up to the blackboard and write 1,000 times: "I wrote two chapters of Sky's the Limit in a row that had debilitating cliffhangers at the end. I promise to never do it again. Or, at least, to post new chapters more often!" :(

I agree! Bad Rick for leaving us another cliffie! :P

Seriously though, great chapter, and I hope Dexter will be ok.

Edit to add:

This is the Centennial post in this thread! Congratulations, Rick!

Edited by C James