Postaholic Non-anonymous

Bardeara

If you think your a Postaholic then sign up now.

I wondered how many Postaholics there are at GA and ponder if we need to start up a group called PA (Postaholic Anonymous)

Ok so this is me just being a dork, but whatever. :2thumbs:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think your a Postaholic then sign up now.

I wondered how many Postaholics there are at GA and ponder if we need to start up a group called PA (Postaholic Anonymous)

Ok so this is me just being a dork, but whatever. :2thumbs:

<de-lurks>

Well, I'm definitly not eligible myself :ph34r: , but can we nominate people? I can think of quite a few...

In no particular order...

• Jack Frost (although I think he prefers to call himself a postwhore 0:) )
  • Graeme
  • AFriendlyFace
  • Dark Shadow
  • shdowgod
  • Kurt
  • Emoe
  • Matthew
  • Captain Rick
  • NickolasJames8
  • James Savik
  • Birdsofafeather
  • Krista
  • Lugh

Hmmm, I know I missed a bunch! I'll have to get back to your with more nominations!

<goes back to lurking :ph34r: >

Hi, My name is Andrew.

I'm A Postaholic (and a domaholic)

I enjoy everyone elses posts so much that I usually forget to add my own. :P

Hi Andy!! Glad to see you posting some more! :2thumbs:

It can be a lot of fun... Well, so they tell me anyway. 0:)

Edited by C James

Well I am nominating someone with 2,368 posts and has only been a member since February 15th, 2006.

Can anyone guess who that could be? 0:)

Krista

Well I am nominating someone with 2,365 posts and has only been a member since February 15th, 2006.

Krista

Hi Krista! I edited my postaholics list to add you (I knew there were a lot of people I was forgetting to add!). 0:)

As for your riddle, hmmmm, I'm sorry, but I have no idea whom you could possibly mean? Nobody at GA presently has a post total of exactly 2,365.

Hi Krista! I edited my postaholics list to add you (I knew there were a lot of people I was forgetting to add!). 0:)

As for your riddle, hmmmm, I'm sorry, but I have no idea whom you could possibly mean? Nobody at GA presently has a post total of exactly 2,365.

Hmm, Edited. B)

Krista

• Site Administrator
Hi, My name is Andrew.

I'm A Postaholic (and a domaholic)

I enjoy everyone elses posts so much that I usually forget to add my own. :P

For someone with four posts declaring themselves a postaholic, then... well... maybe C James really is a lurker :wacko: Then again, maybe not :P

Well I am nominating someone with 2,366 posts and has only been a member since February 15th, 2006.

Krista

To use a definition that is less likely to be misinterpreted, how about just nominating everyone with an average posts per day of four OR MORE and who has been a member for a minimum of 30 days? Anyone who became a member in Februrary, 2006 who has in excess of 2000 posts would therefore qualify.

Oh, and by that definition, yes, I'm a postaholic, but I refuse to join a postaholic anonymous organisation, as that would imply being a postaholic is somehow bad....

Hmm, Edited. B)

Krista

Still no match, as no one at GA currently has a post total of exactly 2,366 :P

For someone with four posts declaring themselves a postaholic, then... well... maybe C James really is a lurker :wacko: Then again, maybe not :P

Well, of course I'm a lurker! Everyone knows tht I almost never post... :ph34r:

Of course, I did just log into the lounge, and while lurking , what did I see? Why, the top five threads, all with Graeme as the most recent poster! 0:)

To use a definition that is less likely to be misinterpreted, how about just nominating everyone with an average posts per day of four OR MORE and who has been a member for a minimum of 30 days? Anyone who became a member in Februrary, 2006 who has in excess of 2000 posts would therefore qualify.

I think my date of membership might be a tad off. I think one post a month would qualify as a lurker? So, that means that I joined this website on February 15th, 1809.

Or, we could define a postaholic as anyone who has three, four, five, or six posts a day (no one has six or seven, though Graeme will reach 6 any day now :worship: ).

Oh, and by that definition, yes, I'm a postaholic, but I refuse to join a postaholic anonymous organisation, as that would imply being a postaholic is somehow bad....

But Graeme, this is for postaholics NON-anonymous! Nothing wrong with being a postaholic, its a good thing! So, embrace your postaholic nature! Celebrate it! Ill even proclaim if for you! :great:

• Site Administrator
Or, we could define a postaholic as anyone who has three, four, five, or six posts a day (no one has six or seven, though Graeme will reach 6 any day now :worship: ).

How about a nice simple definition? Anyone who has three or more posts a day. That would mean anyone with eight, or even nine, posts a day would qualify. :P

How about a nice simple definition? Anyone who has three or more posts a day. That would mean anyone with eight, or even nine, posts a day would qualify. :P

I accept this definition. I only average two posts a day though, so CJ take me off that list. I am not yet a postaholic... :P

Krista

Cj!.. Even I cannot keep up with your Postaholic ways.. :blink:

Krista

But Krista, I am not a postaholic! You can't be a lurker :ph34r: and a postaholic at the same time, after all!

I'm far from sure that simplicity would accomplish what we seek. After all, there is a reason that legal documents are written in exhausting detail; to avoid confusion and misdirection. Simplicity, in this case, might also inadvertantly miss-classify someone... Definitions are such tricky things, so for the sake of accuracy I must argue in favor of my more detailed definition. :whistle:

Besides, if my own precious reputation as a lurker might be in danger, in invite everyone to take a peek in my profile: Now take a look at the comment by Graeme on Nov 3rd: It says "My favorite Lurker...".

:P

Then I don't know why I'm being brought up at all. I barely have 1 post a day. I'm going to say this plainly: CJ has 8 times as many posts per day and is not, in any form, a lurker of any kind. He is a postaholic clearly in the first stage: denial. Any refutation by him will prove that he is, in fact, a postaholic in denial.

We clearly need to get him help.

Edited by Matthew

• Site Administrator
Then I don't know why I'm being brought up at all. I barely have 1 post a day. I'm going to say this plainly: CJ has 8 times as many posts per day and is not, in any form, a lurker of any kind. He is a postaholic clearly in the first stage: denial. Any refutation by him will prove that he is, in fact, a postaholic in denial.

While I agree with you, finding help for a postaholic goat in denial is not something easy to find. I wouldn't be surprised if he's unique in that respect, and so finding someone who can help him may be impossible.

I prefer the humouring approach, such as I used when I called him my favourite lurker, while gently trying to encourage him to see the truth....

I'm not adverse to other techniques, but I like the goat and I wouldn't want him to be inadvertantly hurt.

Besides, if my own precious reputation as a lurker might be in danger, in invite everyone to take a peek in my profile: Now take a look at the comment by Graeme on Nov 3rd: It says "My favorite Lurker...".

:P

As someone who is a stickler for accuracy, you will have to take back that vile accusation. I made no such comment and anyone who checks will see that I made no such comment. :thumbdown:

I don't know whether to be "honored" for makeing CJ's list or not. hmmm. :unsure: Postaholic? Little ole me? Naah. :sheep: Just becuz I saved up my 100th post for a chapter announcement, nah :whistle: . Just because I'm sitting here writing this, ????!!! Well, uh, Probably :lmao:

Great, when I first joined this site, I was a Domaholic. Now I'm a Postaholic, --Quick, call in the GA shrinks! :wacko: :wacko:

There's something in here causing mass hysteria and mental illness. Whatever it is, I suspect it's caused by goats.

I am not sure that I qualify as a postaholic... Since someone who joined a few days after me has more than three times the amount of posts that I do. That person, who shall remain unnamed *cough*CJ*cough*, is obviously a postaholic, not me. :P

Kurt :D

How did I get included on this list? I'm no post-a-holic I have maybe 1 or two posts... there was that day where only greme and darkshadow had more posts then me though...

I'll say it right now,

I'm a social poster, nothing more, nothing less :P

Steve

• Site Administrator
But Graeme, this is for postaholics NON-anonymous! Nothing wrong with being a postaholic, its a good thing! So, embrace your postaholic nature! Celebrate it! Ill even proclaim if for you! :great:

The thread title is Non-anonymous, but the initial post talks about postaholics-anonymous. It was the later to which I was referring.

Huh? Matthew, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that you would doubt me so! :blink::ph34r:

Why, I can easily prove that I am not in denial! I can point you to hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of my posts wherin I say, unequivicobly, that I never post!

As for any refutation by me, I shall prove that I am a lurker by not replying to your post, which is why you are not actually seeing this.

While I agree with you, finding help for a postaholic goat in denial is not something easy to find. I wouldn't be surprised if he's unique in that respect, and so finding someone who can help him may be impossible.

I prefer the humouring approach, such as I used when I called him my favourite lurker, while gently trying to encourage him to see the truth....

I'm not adverse to other techniques, but I like the goat and I wouldn't want him to be inadvertantly hurt.

I shall not respond to these clearly unfounded accusations!

I shall also quash the silly rumor that a new species of Goat has been discovered in the high mountains of Arizona, and has been classified as Goatus Internetus Blabbermouthus. If there was any such creature, I'm sure I'd have seen one, and I haven't.

As someone who is a stickler for accuracy, you will have to take back that vile accusation. I made no such comment and anyone who checks will see that I made no such comment. :thumbdown:

But Graeme, it IS in my proflile (the comment dated Nov 3rd) and you even refer to it above, so how can you possibly deny it? :blink:

I don't know whether to be "honored" for makeing CJ's list or not. hmmm. :unsure: Postaholic? Little ole me? Naah. :sheep: Just becuz I saved up my 100th post for a chapter announcement, nah :whistle: . Just because I'm sitting here writing this, ????!!! Well, uh, Probably :lmao:

Great, when I first joined this site, I was a Domaholic. Now I'm a Postaholic, --Quick, call in the GA shrinks! :wacko: :wacko:

There's something in here causing mass hysteria and mental illness. Whatever it is, I suspect it's caused by goats.

What? :blink:

But CaptainRick, surely you can't blame me for all this? It's not as if I coined the phrase "postaholic", after all!

I am not sure that I qualify as a postaholic... Since someone who joined a few days after me has more than three times the amount of posts that I do. That person, who shall remain unnamed *cough*CJ*cough*, is obviously a postaholic, not me. :P

Kurt :D

Awww, Kurt! Not you too? :blink:

I don't know what it is. Suddenly, one day, your post counter starts reading in the quadruple digits, and all of a sudden, out of the blue, people start rumors that you post a lot. It's all so very unfair... <sniff..>

How did I get included on this list? I'm no post-a-holic I have maybe 1 or two posts... there was that day where only greme and darkshadow had more posts then me though...

I'll say it right now,

I'm a social poster, nothing more, nothing less :P

Steve

AhHA! Denial! I can smell it a mile away! :devil:

• Site Administrator
But Graeme, it IS in my proflile (the comment dated Nov 3rd) and you even refer to it above, so how can you possibly deny it? :blink:

Excuse me, but please go to your profile, and then go to the post above. You will find that I am 100% justified in my statement.

I have NEVER called you "My favorite Lurker...". This is vile accusation that is in serious danger of ruining our friendship.

What I called you in my comment was "My favourite lurker..." and I find the insinuation that I used the American spelling for "favourite" quite offensive :angry:

:2thumbs:

Graeme :D

Excuse me, but please go to your profile, and then go to the post above. You will find that I am 100% justified in my statement.

I have NEVER called you "My favorite Lurker...". This is vile accusation that is in serious danger of ruining our friendship.

What I called you in my comment was "My favourite lurker..." and I find the insinuation that I used the American spelling for "favourite" quite offensive :angry:

:2thumbs:

Graeme :D

Ahhh! Never let it be said that I am afraid to admit when I am wrong, for here, clearly, I am wrong! You did indeed call me "My favourite lurker..." and not "My favorite lurker...". :o

Humbly, and with profound appologies, your favourite lurker,

CJ :ph34r:

• Site Administrator
Ahhh! Never let it be said that I am afraid to admit when I am wrong, for here, clearly, I am wrong! You did indeed call me "My favourite lurker..." and not "My favorite lurker...". :o

Humbly, and with profound appologies, your favourite lurker,

CJ :ph34r:

Apology accepted :) It takes a big man (or woman, or goat, or alien spongy thing) to admit he's made a mistake, especially one of such a serious nature. :worship:

Apology accepted :) It takes a big man (or goat) to admit he's made a mistake, especially one of such a serious nature. :worship:

Never let it be said that a Goat is not willing to admit when he is wrong! :2thumbs:

I had forgotten how fond you are of all those extra "u's" in your words. I'll eveun truy ann remembeur to add theum into woruds wheun I knouw youu will be reauding theum. :2thumbs:

<de-lurks>

Well, I'm definitly not eligible myself :ph34r: , but can we nominate people? I can think of quite a few...

In no particular order...

• Jack Frost (although I think he prefers to call himself a postwhore 0:) )
  • Graeme
  • AFriendlyFace
  • Dark Shadow
  • shdowgod
  • Kurt
  • Emoe
  • Matthew
  • Captain Rick
  • Birdsofafeather
  • Krista

Hmmm, I know I missed a bunch! I'll have to get back to your with more nominations!

<goes back to lurking :ph34r: >

Hi Andy!! Glad to see you posting some more! :2thumbs:

It can be a lot of fun... Well, so they tell me anyway. 0:)

What!? I barely post! I think to average the mass of posts some folks do ::cough:: I think you need to have horns... and most definately cloven hooved feet!

I may be wrong about the horns... but definately... yes-de-de-definately Cl-cl-cl-cloven hooved feat.. yes de-definately.

(damn... Rainman is so hard to write)

:devil: