I had to bribe BW with the entire cricket team at Eton (I offered him St Paul's, which is ever so much better, but he insisted on Eton). So what do you want, Jack? The rugby team is still left, or there's the train spotters club . . .

In Brighton Rock, I had the superhero driving around in a Mini Cooper because I thought the incongruity humourous. Someone send me a link to an article in the New York Times about "gay" cars. It seems the Mini Cooper is gay--who knew cars had sexual preferences? 'OOOooooooo, big guy, I just love it when you take me shaft in hand and switch me gears. And the way you handle me on the curves. You drive me wild, stud.'

I had to bribe BW with the entire cricket team at Eton (I offered him St Paul's, which is ever so much better, but he insisted on Eton). So what do you want, Jack? The rugby team is still left, or there's the train spotters club . . .

In Brighton Rock, I had the superhero driving around in a Mini Cooper because I thought the incongruity humourous. Someone send me a link to an article in the New York Times about "gay" cars. It seems the Mini Cooper is gay--who knew cars had sexual preferences? 'OOOooooooo, big guy, I just love it when you take me shaft in hand and switch me gears. And the way you handle me on the curves. You drive me wild, stud.'

I might be prejudiced towards Eton. Foreigner's misconceptions, maybe. But if the ties at St Paul's look better, why not? A whole team would maybe be a bit difficult to accomodate, but it sure would bring some life in the house.

I liked the superheroes in the Mini Cooper a lot. A distinct European flavour, when our friends from across the Atlantic have their heroes drive around in Mustangs and Chargers. Plus the Mini Cooper leads to problems and questions. A great fictional device.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you people know. The British Mind-Controlling Wonder has yet another story out. It's called Dear Robert, and it's an epistolary story. I think Nexis should definitely post his stories here in the eFiction section, it's really weird to find them in Nifty's authoritarian section, which I'm NOT dissing, though 90% of the stuff doesn't appeal to me, but this particular story is one more evidence that they are rather subtler than most of the chow there.

• 4 months later...