Between the Lines

So, I think that I'm sorry we didn't get to see this during the anthology, but am SO glad we get to see it now!

I started out reading thinking, good for Eli, and then quickly changed my mind, thinking, is he like... totally blind?

Maybe Devon will help Eli realize what real love is as quickly as he has helped him find his muse again. I hope so, because for people like Eli, ones with great hearts who just give and give, they are the ones who should get to feel everything and deserve the things they always wanted or imagined.

Thanks Com! Fantastic :D

Hugs! :wub:

Viv

I read this least night and went through the same thoughts that Viv did.

Eli's naivety had me screaming at him by the end. Open your eyes, man!!

Loved your descriptions of Devon (and the name!) and couldn't help but immediately fall in love with the character.

Well done, Comicality! :)

Oh wow, thank you! Thank you sooo much!

You know, honestly, I'm glad that I took some more time and added all of the newer parts of this story that exist in it now. I think it makes it a lot better, and a lot smoother. Even though it would have been kick ass to have it in the anthology with the others. That's the THIRD one that I've started writing for and couldn't finish in time. I used to be able to write a story from beginning to end in two days, easy. (Of course, my 'one time' stories were MUCH MUCH shorter back then) Now I get all out of control with the story and have to split it all up and get crazy with it. But I'll work hard on the summer one for this year! I've already got a few ideas floating around for that one. :)

Thanks again! It means the world to me that you liked it!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for part 3... Hurry up and get back from your vacation, Com! You've had enough time off. Get back to the desk. <3

Anyway, I feel the same way as everyone else, it seems. I'm frustrated with Eli for not seeing what's right in front of his eyes, but at the same time, I understand where he's coming from. I'm in the same position right now (except without a Devon to turn my sights towards, sadly...) I spent all those years in high school, dreaming about finally having someone to call my own... Being a Com fan the whole time didn't help the illusion, either. Now I finally have my first boyfriend, and I keep thinking that I don't have much in common with him after all, or that sometimes dealing with his less-than-mature personality isn't worth the sex. At the same time, though, I'm thinking that I'd be insane to give him up, after all these years of dreaming of having someone. It's the same situation Eli's in, and Com, you must have been in it too at one point, to be able to write it so well...

Hurry up with the conclusion!

• 9 months later...

So, I just read all 3 chapters of Between the Lines, and I can't wait for the next chapter! Devon seems like such a sweetie and Chris is such a jerk, or maybe just clueless, I don't know. From the very beginning, I could see that Chris wasn't right for Eli, but Eli's right that maybe Devon isn't right for him either. I still remember when I was in college that my grandmother told me that I shouldn't have a steady boyfriend, but should play the field. I didn't want to explain to her the reason I wasn't playing the field was because I wanted sex and I wouldn't be a slut if I slept with my boyfriend all the time. But there is some wisdom in what she said... how do you know who's right for you until you try a bunch out? But people still try to force their current interest into the label of the love of their life, huh? Is that just human nature?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thank you! And I'll be posting chapter 4 this weekend if I can. Probably on Sunday! :)

Yay for chapter 4! One thing I found interesting is that what Eli read aloud in class was not as emotional as your usual writing (like the writing for the rest of the chapter --I felt much more from that than from what 'Eli' wrote). Do you think that's because of the format for forced yourself to write in for that little bit? I mean, you have to admit, Comsie, that your writing definitely have a specific (and wonderful) voice. :D

PS - I can't wait to find out how Eli handles Chris!

Nah, no reason really. I was sitting down and sorta 'writing' that essay in my head while I was writing the actual story at the same time. I wanted Eli to be nervous and nearly speechless when he read it, trying to find the words to use. But when I wrote the essay...that's just how it kinda came out. ::Shrugs:: Hehehe!

Yay for chapter 4! One thing I found interesting is that what Eli read aloud in class was not as emotional as your usual writing (like the writing for the rest of the chapter --I felt much more from that than from what 'Eli' wrote). Do you think that's because of the format for forced yourself to write in for that little bit? I mean, you have to admit, Comsie, that your writing definitely have a specific (and wonderful) voice. :D

PS - I can't wait to find out how Eli handles Chris!

B) ....I suspect Eli and Devon are going to slowly get together via their writings. I bet Eli catches Chris cheating on him and is secretly relieved about it! Nice story, I'll look forward to future chapters.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..