[DomLuka] The Domaholics Cooking Corner

Goldie's Goat Steak

1 quart sauerkraut

3 Goat steaks (cut in half)

4 large potatoes (cut in half)

margarine

Pour off half of the sauerkraut juice. Put half of the sauerkraut in a 3 quart heavy pan with lid... layer pork steak on top then cover with rest of sauerkraut. Peel potatoes and put on TOP of the sauerkraut... add enough water to come almost to top of sauerkraut... put on tight fitting lid and bring to a boil... lower heat to a slow boil and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Put on plates, fork mash the potatoes and add some margarine to the sauerkraut, pork steak and the potatoes and a little of the juice... enjoy! Serves 6 to 8 people

Notes: Can use Goat ribs for the meat... everything can be reduced or doubled.

Edit - the spelling of 'Domoholics' was corrected in the tit(t)le. No content was harmed in this edit and no ingredients were added to jazz up this recipe - Vic

Edited by naper_vic
  • 2 weeks later...
Goldie's Goat Steak

1 quart sauerkraut

3 Goat steaks (cut in half)

4 large potatoes (cut in half)

margarine

Pour off half of the sauerkraut juice. Put half of the sauerkraut in a 3 quart heavy pan with lid... layer pork steak on top then cover with rest of sauerkraut. Peel potatoes and put on TOP of the sauerkraut... add enough water to come almost to top of sauerkraut... put on tight fitting lid and bring to a boil... lower heat to a slow boil and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Put on plates, fork mash the potatoes and add some margarine to the sauerkraut, pork steak and the potatoes and a little of the juice... enjoy! Serves 6 to 8 people

Notes: Can use Goat ribs for the meat... everything can be reduced or doubled.

ACK!!! NIIIIICCK!!!!!!!!!!!

First he posts a recipe for Goat Stew, then for Goat meat, and now for Goat steak! I'm feeling positively endangered! :o:sheep:

Gather the herd! We got some stampedin' to do!!! :mace:

Edit - the spelling of 'Domoholics' was corrected in the tit(t)le. No content was harmed in this edit and no ingredients were added to jazz up this recipe - Vic

But Vic, I thought misspelled titles were almost ma(n)datory arou(n)d here? :P:P

0:)0:)0:) Don't worry...I promise not to hurt you....in fact, why don't you just hide from everyone else in my kitchen 0:)0:)0:)

Kitchen? Ummmm, thanks, Nick, but I think I need to find somewhere a little less hazardous to hide!!

Ummm, I just noticed the subtitle of this thread: "Add your Goat recipes here!" Uhoh!

No wonder they keep talking BBQ in the scavenger hunt question compromised thread in the lounge!!!

AAAACKK!!!

Kitchen? Ummmm, thanks, Nick, but I think I need to find somewhere a little less hazardous to hide!!

Nick's kitchen would definitely be hazardous to your hide!!! :lmao:

Wait a minute, I resemble that remark. :wacko:

It's just rude to want to eat a fellow member. :angry: Hmmmm...well, maybe not. B)

Hey Nick, I've got some goat tartar you can try! :devil:

Nick's kitchen would definitely be hazardous to your hide!!! :lmao:

Wait a minute, I resemble that remark. :wacko:

Welcome to the endangered species list, Conner! :ph34r:

It's just rude to want to eat a fellow member. :angry: Hmmmm...well, maybe not. B)

Hmmmm... I could have sworn I saw a recipe for "Grilled Nick" over in the Goat forum?

• 5 months later...

Milo's Easy Pot Roast

5 pound goat shoulder

2 cups water

1 large onion

2 cloves garlic

Worcestershire sauce

Salt

Pepper

5 medium potatoes

Put goat meat into roasting pot with water. Sprinkle well with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Add chopped onion and garlic. Put on lowest heat on stove. Cook for 5 hours. Add potatoes 1/2 hour before serving.

Also....

Jame Graham's Kid Goat Stew

4 lbs. kid goat meat cubed

1 T vegetable oil

2 tsp. salt

4 tsp. mixed spices (peppercorns & cumin)

3 garlic cloves

1 8-oz can tomato sauce

2 T flour

1/2 c. water

Brown meat in oil; add salt. Grind spices and garlic and add a small amount of water. Add spices, tomato sauce and enough water to cover meat. Simmer 30-40 minutes. Blend flour and 1/2 cup water. stir into meat to make gravy. A traditional blood pudding, Sangrita, also is prepared by following this recipe. Simply omit the tomato sauce and 1/2 cup water and substitute 1 cup kid goat blood. Mix with the flour and simmer 10 minutes. Seve with flour or corn tortillas. Serves 8-10

Hi. I'm not a Domaholic yet. But I have an interest in this culinary thread. Could I suggest a marinade to put the goat meat in for at least a night: for a haunch (if you say this for goats)

2 quarts of white wine (dry, I'd recommend Muscadet, but let's not be picky)

1 cup of balsamic vinegar

1 chopped onion

3 cloves of garlic, mashed into a pulp

parsley

sage

rosemary

thyme (3-5 branches of each)

Strain the meat in a sieve once it has marinated for AT LEAST 12 hours.

Cut generous steaks (it's the most difficult part with these skinny animals)

Barbecue 3-5 minutes on each side.

Enjoy.

:sheep:

• 3 weeks later...

Will the Goat ever be allowed to live in peace?

I say it appears that Nick dreams of tasting you CJ or he's in the mood to eat you... It's prob for the best your male or else we might not know what really going on in the back of Nick's mind.

PS. if the above doesn't make any sense then chop it up to me on drugs from being sick.

ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :/:/:blink:

NICK! Don't you have recipes that you would like to share that include something OTHER than goat? :sheep:

Sure...I have lots of recipes like that.....why don't you come into my kitchen and I'll show you the recipe book I have. Just rest over in that pot with the vegetables and potatoes cooking...oops, I meant in the large metal hot tub....yeah, that's the ticket. 0:)0:) 0:)

cookbook2.jpg

Sure...I have lots of recipes like that.....why don't you come into my kitchen and I'll show you the recipe book I have. Just rest over in that pot with the vegetables and potatoes cooking...oops, I meant in the large metal hot tub....yeah, that's the ticket. 0:)0:) 0:)

cookbook2.jpg

Well CJ if that doesn't say how much Nick hungers for your body I don't know what will.