Jump to content

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D
  2. :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D (It would be nice to see you around here again)
  3. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thank you Lisa! Derek has been through a lot of emotions, definitely anger, but the guilt has been the hardest for him to get over and something he is very much still struggling with. Certainly there are times when Derek gets angry at Ethan and what he did, which can make the guilt much more potent when it hits again.That is one of the reasons Alex is good for Derek, he helps him keep things in perspective. Yeah, telling Derek his feelings wasn't the smartest move ever, but he is giving Derek the space and time he needs to heal while continuing to be a friend. I'm so glad you liked it and thanks for the review
  4. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thanks Headstall. Alex is a good friend, and despite messing up by revealing his feelings too early, he gives Derek plenty of space and time to think and decide what he wants, without the threat of losing a friend. I have high hopes for these two, I think they can make it work. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  5. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thanks lilansui. Derek and Alex definitely have a rough road ahead, but I think they are off to a better start. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.
  6. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thank you Graeme. Sounds like Maria has someone on her side, she'll be thrilled. Seriously, though, I think Alex is good for Derek. Alex might have been forcing things by confessing his feelings too early, but he has always been good about giving Derek his space when he needs it, and his promise to remains friends, even if Derek doesn't want anything more, isn't empty words. Only Derek knows when and if he is going to be ready for another relationship, but you are right, he isn't the kind of person who does well when left alone. I think the basis for a strong relationship is there, they just have to go about building it differently than what they have been. The issue of consent is a tricky one. They are both adults, and while Derek can initiate and participate in that kind of intimate contact, it's not always coming from a good place and makes him feel guilty afterwards, so I think it is good thing that he decided to let things cool off while they explore their relationship. I agree that night time is the worst. It's a lonely time and it's easy to miss someone. Thanks for reading and the review.
  7. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thank you Cole. I'm glad you enjoyed this, since it a bit of a change from what I usually write. There is a lot of emotion coming from all the characters, and even though Ethan is not in the picture, he is definitely fully involved in the story. Friendship is definitely turning into more, but it's going to be an interesting journey for sure. Thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  8. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    I agree, Derek has been through a rough time. Alex mistakingly admitting his feelings didn't help, but I think both of them are heading towards a better place Thanks for the review.
  9. CassieQ

    The Scrapbook

    Very nice! The continuity was a little confusing at first, but it all came together in the end, which was a delightful surprise. I like that they were able to have their second chance. (The amount of sexual tension that was building up in the scene near the beginning with the kegs was amazing too). Excellent story.
  10. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Man, I feel for Tim. What a messed up family. (Nick was the worst, although I certainly didn't have much love for Michael's mother either). I'm glad he had his mother, Valerie, and his partner, for a while. I really liked the solution at the end. It's fitting and hopefully will help his bratty, selfish siblings grow up a little bit. I see hope for Tim, but I definitely agree that it is in his best interest to keep his distance from a toxic family.
  11. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Beginning Again Alex tilted his head back, feeling sweat trickle down his neck as the sun bathed his face. He was hot and drowsy, the muted pounding of the waves breaking on shore and the far off shrieks of children playing creating a lulling melody. He was drifting in the limbo between awake and asleep, when he heard the soft, but unmistakable sound of a body settling into a nearby chair. Alex figured that Derek would be the only one to take the seat but he cracked
  12. Derek is struggling to overcome his grief and loneliness after the accident that killed his boyfriend. Alex is looking for a way to help his friend. Both of them go about it in completely the wrong way.
  13. CassieQ

    Changes

    Thank you so much for all your reviews and comments, I loved reading them. I am so happy you enjoyed the story, I really loved writing about these guys, they were a lot of fun. Thank you again for reading!!
  14. Happy Birthday!!!!!
  15. CassieQ

    New Year

    Thank you so much. I really enjoyed this chapter, just letting the two be in love for an evening without anything major butting in and ruining their fun. A perfect night in my mind!! I'm so glad you liked it.
  16. Valkyrie gave the Proms a nice boost this week!!
  17. Congratulations Valkyrie!!!
  18. CassieQ

    Christmas

    Thank you. Adam is really great in this chapter, I think Mikeal would have broken apart if he hadn't been there. I'm glad you like it.
  19. CassieQ

    Sweet Aftermath

    Things are rough for Mikeal, but you are right, this has definitely brought them closer together. Adam isn't about to let Mikeal out of his sight for a minute! Thanks for the review!
  20. CassieQ

    Bombshell

    Mikeal has always had an easier time relating to his father than his mother, and that becomes really apparent here. The situation is complicated enough, but throwing it in with the emotional stress of the holidays really makes it difficult. You are definitely right though, he needs some time and Adam is there for him, which also helps Thanks for the review.
  21. CassieQ

    Happy Holiday

    Hyacinth is a piece of work, isn't she? This was probably one of the worst ways for Mikeal to find out and he's pretty shaken up so he went straight to Adam, which I think was the best thing for him. Thanks for the review!
  22. CassieQ

    Grief is weird

    I'm very sorry for your loss.
  23. CassieQ

    Giving Thanks

    They are ridiculously in love and it was so much fun to write. Coming out to his parents is a big deal to Mikeal and things keep getting in his way (especially family). Good thing Adam is so patient Thanks for the review!!
  24. CassieQ

    Arguments

    For their first argument, it wasn't terrible or that dramatic, but I think I love them too much to have them fight too much! The making up was totally worth it, and I agree that Adam is finally coming to terms with how he feels and is comfortable letting Mikeal know it. Thanks for the review!
×
×
  • Create New...