-
Posts
5,450 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by CassieQ
-
-
GA's Newest Signature Author: Mikiesboy
CassieQ commented on Graeme's blog entry in Gay Authors Archive
Congratulations!!!- 72 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
Thank you. I loved writing the characters in this one, but a lot of people found Sarah's situation and Grant's handling of it hard to deal with. Which is okay, because people in abusive relationships have a hard time leaving them, which is frustrating for those who are close to them. Elliot and Grant, unfortunately, got caught up in Jim's abusive behavior, as you pointed out. Thank you for the comment!
-
The story that you shared about your friend is very sad but also very common, based on what I have heard from other people (and her MIL sounds horrible. I can't imagine leaving someone who is abusive and having them track me back down because their mother told them where I was). It can be extremely frustrating trying to help someone who is in an unhealthy relationship. Thank you for reading and for such an insightful comment, I really do appreciate it.
-
Thank you! Grant figured out a good solution for his sister, but it was too little and too late for Elliot. They are both very stubborn men, but love and forgiveness does a lot in a relationship, as you pointed out. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for commenting!
-
Thank you very much for the kind words! I think the communication between Elliot and Grant was their Achilles' heel...all of the things you mentioned were spot on. You make a good point, but I'm not quite sure if Elliot revealing Sarah's location would have helped...Jim attacked him as soon as he walked through the door and is obviously unhinged. I'm glad you like the story and especially the characters. Thank you for commenting and reviewing!
-
Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
-
I'm the Physical Therapist Asst, so I'll handle the exercises, thanks.
-
Hugs for you. Always.
-
Thank you. I loved writing the characters interactions in this (well, except for Jim) and I like hearing what other people think of them. I'm so glad you enjoyed it and thank you so much for commenting!
-
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your point of view, just that I have a different one. But I love hearing the different ways readers react to the characters and the choices they make in the story, so thank you for sharing your opinion and I hope that you continue to do so. And I certainly don't mind talking about abuse in relationships. It is sadly common and something that I think should be talked about.
-
I wanted to respond to a few things you pointed out. Cassie did not write about Sarah feeling sympathy, guilt, or remorse. That doesn't mean Sarah didn't feel those things, but many times, anger and resentment are easier emotions to handle and like Thorn pointed out in another comment, victims tend to defend their abusers. Perhaps the blame for this is on me, because I did not explore her feelings enough near the end. I did not mean to indicate that Grant has had a problem setting boundaries with Sarah for his entire life. Elliot and Grant set a perfectly reasonable boundary. Don't tell your crazy boyfriend where you are staying and obviously don't have your crazy boyfriend over to our house. She chose to violate that boundary to continue to see her abuser. I understand why she did it, but she was still in the wrong. Therefore, Elliot was 100% in the right not to allow her to stay there. Grant was choosing to prioritize his sister's safety, also understandable, but by allowing her stay in their home again, he was also violating that boundary based on past behavior. Elliot is quite good at setting boundaries. Grant, not so much, and definitely not where his sister is concerned. If Grant and his sister do reconcile, setting boundaries is something he'll have to learn. Sarah's behavior was very frustrating, which seems to be a common sentiment with people who have loved ones in unhealthy relationships, but I would put most of the blame on Jim for being a horrible, abusive, and manipulative monster.
-
There are people who wouldn't be able to forgive Grant or give him another chance. I think a lot of it depends on the type of person, like you say, their relationship and how far they are willing to go. Thank you for reading and commenting!
-
The story about your friend is horrifying and I'm sorry she had to go through that. Thank you for this info, it was a fascinating read. Like I've said, I'm no expert in this area but I'm always happy to learn more about something I don't know much about.
-
Hey, thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts. I think there are a lot of complicated emotions and thought precesses between Sarah and her abuser. I think the distance will do her good. The guys have not forgone sex, but Elliot is extremely sensitive regarding being touched on his face, since that is where most of Jim's attack was focused. And especially so on the injured side. Allowing Grant to do so was an act of trust. Thank you so much for commenting!
-
*TACKLES*
-
Thank you. I don't think that Grant didn't value his partner's safety, but I don't think he realized how dangerous Jim was, and not only to Sarah. I'm sure he feels guilty after what Elliot endured and has to continue to deal with and I don't think he'll underestimate anyone anymore. Thank you for reading and commenting.
-
It is certainly sad that Elliot and Grant were so much at odds with each other and that Elliot had to go through what he did. I think it speaks great volumes of Elliot's love towards Grant that he is willing to try and work through what happened, but I think the two of them still have a ways to go. Thank you so much reading and commenting!
-
I appreciate that you read and commented, even though it was difficult. It's not an easy subject.
-
Thank you reading and commenting. I take a bit more charitable view of Sarah's character, probably because I wrote her. I don't think she is stupid or selfish, but desperate and scared, and desperate scared people often don't make the greatest judgement calls. Jim's abuse affected her and everyone around her and that can definitely breed resentment and negativity in Elliot and Grants relationship. I appreciate hearing other points of view.
-
Thank you. (I love your comment about hiding in the conference room, though)!
-
Thank you for reading, even though it was hard. It was interesting to write. Elliot was able to find forgiveness and reconciliation, and that is something not everyone would be able to do. They have a ways to go yet, but their love for each other is holding true. Thank you for commenting.
-
I'm glad you enjoyed the story and thanks for commenting and sharing your opinion. I'm no expert on abusive relationships but from what I've gathered, it can affect people mentally and emotionally. So while Sarah's response is irrational and kind of shitty towards Grant, I also think it's understandable.
-
Thank you so much. I haven't had a lot of experience with PTSD but from what I understand, it can really fuck people up. I think Elliot still has a ways to go but he's got a supportive partner to help him through it, and a kickass sister. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for commenting!
-
I was very much on Elliot's side as well, although I could see where Grant was coming from too. They've really been through it, but I think they'll come out strong. Thank you for commenting, I glad you enjoyed it!
