Jump to content

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. Sounds like a frustrating situation, hang in there.
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!
  4. CassieQ

    Chapter 16

    Geez. Josh is so frustrating. It's hard when someone is making themselves miserable and won't do anything to change that. I think Galen is right when he calls Josh a coward (not the nicest thing in the world, but oh well). Sometimes people are so scared of change, that they stay in situations where they are unhappy, simply because it is familiar and comfortable. I also find Josh's rejection to be doubly cruel after what he said to Galen during The Dance at the wedding. Telling Galen that he doesn't want him to let him go, but then pushes him away to be with someone else...that's a horrible way to play with someone's feelings. It's interesting to see the situation with Ethan, even if we aren't seeing his side right now. My guess is that either someone told him about Josh and Galen's closeness at the wedding, or sent a picture or something.
  5. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    OMG, I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to this. Thank you so much for commenting, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love these two guys and their story and I'm glad you do too.
  6. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    I'm glad you enjoyed it. All of other faults aside, Taylor sure knows how to throw a hell of a party! I'm glad you liked the prank and the characters, they were a lot of fun to write. Thanks for commenting!
  7. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    I'm glad you liked it. It was funny, the more I wrote Diego and Taylor, the reasons behind their break up became more and more obvious, lol. (Milo had better watch out). The Halloween trick was a lot of fun to write, even if Naomi disapproved. Thanks for commenting!
  8. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    I'm glad you liked it Lisa. Taylor's idea for a prank was bad, and Nicole's was worse, though a part of me thinks she is secretly brilliant with the way she orchestrated it...cruel but brilliant. As a person who has been a target of "scary" pranks (though no where near that magnitude) my initial reaction, after the fear, was anger, then much later, an entertaining story to tell people. Cairo is adorable, I loved writing him and I think he and Diego have a solid future together. Thanks for commenting!
  9. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Taylor and Nicole both have shitty judgement. Taylor likes her pranks to be "edgy" but doesn't realize when she is crossing a line and Nicole is totally okay with genuinely scaring people to get what she wants. My beta liked the point out that the prank could have ended up very badly, for both the teenagers and the young adults that were working with Nicole. But I think Diego and Cairo will find a way to spend time together, whether in school or otherwise. Thanks for commenting!
  10. CassieQ

    Where It Began

    Interesting to see you going in a new direction. Story looks awesome, looking forward to reading more!
  11. CassieQ

    Chapter 15

    Geez, what a chapter. At first, everything was cute with Galen being teased about playing dress up and James getting unreasonably (in my mind of course) about Galen's car. I feel bad for Galen, it seems like he was really looking forward to attending the wedding with Ethan, but he probably wouldn't have slow danced with Josh if the other man had been there. I feel a littie bad for Josh too since Roger obviously ghosted him, but I can only feel so much sympathey since Josh chose to stay with a shitty boyfriend. However, Galen is treading a very fine line with his relationship to Ethan. I hate to see the guy get his heart trampled on, but if Galen is going to "fight" for Josh as he wants to do, then he really needs to let Ethan go before he turns into a cheating scumbag himself. (I get passionate about this story, sorry)!
  12. I think using said with dialogue is acceptable, as long as it is not every single sentence. People should be able to tell who is speaking through dialogue. What drives me crazy is anything aside from said, asked and occasionally, exclaimed.
  13. I had no idea this was a thing. How does that even work?
  14. This is probably more specific than what Cia was asking for, but I hate if the very first thing a characters does is get out of bed, check himself out in the mirror and go about his daily routine. That's boring. I will usually skip over it to see if something more interesting happens later on, but it usually doesn't. And if it is full of spelling errors, forget it. My grammar is not the best, and I'm willing to forgive little things like a misplaced comma or two (or five) but if the author can't even be bothered to fix the spelling, I'm not very confident that they care enough to put together a decent story.
  15. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Diego's relationship with Taylor is pretty dead at this point, even if he is trying to be friendly with her. Cairo on the other hand... Taylor's prank was nasty, but I think Nicole's plan ended up being a pretty good revenge, even if it was very dangerous with a lot of potential to go very very wrong. Thanks for commenting.
  16. Panic attacks are the worst. Hang in there.
  17. CassieQ

    Part One

    I like this. You capture the feeling of the "morning after" very well, and Devon making breakfast was a sweet twist I did not see coming.
  18. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    If it had been me, I wouldn't have stopped kissing a cutie either. But I think Diego feels responsible for things that Taylor might do, even though they are not dating anymore. He's kind of silly that way. My Mom loved to play scary pranks on me. She never went as far as Taylor did, but I did reference a prank about scaring younger kids in a cememtary...that was a prank my Mom pulled on me and my friends one Halloween. My friends loved it, I was furious. It's funny now though.
  19. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Diego is not the type of person to hide his preferences. My editors also noted how I just slipped that dance with a guy in and said something along the lines of how not everything has to be a big dramatic coming-out story. I came close to that in Kisses and it's not something I want to revisit. As someone who is over there in the middle of the Kinsey scale, I wanted Diego to have a place to express himself openly and where everyone is kinda cool with it.
  20. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    I think the two of them finding each other was a nice surprise for both of them. And Taylor's idea of a joke was pretty sick, so it's good that Diego called her out on it.
  21. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    I like Diego too. My beta thought that his "save the day" attitude was annoying, but I think he was just jealous of Cairo. Glad you liked the scary stuff too!
  22. Congrats to all the winners!
  23. I'm still thinking on the rest of them.
  24. YOU feel insulted? I didn't even make the list, LOL.
  25. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Spooky! Especially the whole scene with the sacrifice. But Linden sounds like a keeper!
×
×
  • Create New...