Jump to content

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. CassieQ

    Casey

    Thank you for the comment. More interesting things are in store for Casey! Thank you for commenting, glad you are intrigued. You'll find out more about the mysterious nightly visitor soon!
  2. CassieQ

    Chapter 17

    I'm scared for Galen. Like seriously scared.
  3. CassieQ

    Casey

    Thank you! We will definitely learn some more about the visitor later on, and what it means for him (and Raphael eventually). Thanks for commenting! Glad to hear it. There is more to come! Thank you! I'm glad you are liking it. I plan to have new chapters up in the next few weeks!
  4. CassieQ

    Casey

    Thank you. The mystery figure become more prominent in future chapters. I hope to have new chapters up every other week or so.
  5. I didn't mind the whole arc with Holdo and Poe. Poe IS too rebellious for his own good, that was the point. I'd like to see if he has learned and grown a little bit by the time we come around to Ep 9.
  6. If you wanted another movie with a plucky young Padawan learning from a wise master, I suggest you give Ep 5 a watch. I agree some scenes were just bad (the one with Leia comes to mind) but there were also some great characters arcs in the movie, especially regarding Kylo Ren and Luke Skywalker, with some decent development with Finn, Poe and Ray as well. I think taking the movie in a new direction was a risk, and that it paid off this time.
  7. CassieQ

    Casey

    Casey wondered if people who went crazy, knew they were going crazy. Knew that the things they saw, heard, were not real; were not the truth. Or if they just accepted it was truth, let themselves slide into delusion and psychosis, easily, smoothly, until they didn't even realize how deeply they were caught in the intricate trap their own minds had created. Casey feared he was going crazy. The fact that he was aware of it did little to reassure him. At first, there were just the dreams; m
  8. CassieQ

    Insomnia

    Between the dreams, the sleep deprivation, and the hallucinations, teenage loner Casey is left wondering if he really is going crazy.
  9. I agree that Lucas was horrible. Prequels were boring and dry. The new ones are great!
  10. I know there are some people who were unhappy with the way the plot went, but I'm not one of them. There were some things I didn't like, but overall, I thought it was fine. I think Rian Johnson was in a rough spot. Fans were unhappy with Ep 7, because it the storyline was too close to the original Ep 4, and then people didn't like this one because it was too different. We are hard to please.
  11. A flop? Wasn't The Last Jedi the second highest grossing release of 2017 after only 2 weeks in theaters?
  12. Sounds like it. Maybe if the teachers are reading out the answers for the student to chose, it would be okay, but outright telling students that the correct answer is A, then yes, that's is definitely wrong.
  13. CassieQ

    Show, Don't Tell

    Great article. I've been told "show, don't tell" a lot when I was first starting, and it was incredibly frustrating not to have anyone elaborate on what it meant like this. Another saying that I find even more helpful is "Demonstrate, don't lecture".
  14. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thank you so much! Diego and Cairo were so much fun to write about!
  15. The White Road isn't too bad, the worst errors were in Shadow's Return, but if you've gotten past those, you should be good. They came up again in Casket of Souls...apparently she either couldn't remember or decided to change the colors in the Street of Lights and I'm just like
  16. I found another thing that makes me skip or stop reading. Continuity errors. Lynn Flewelling wrote some of my favorite books (The Tamir Triad) and the first three books of her Nightunner series are excellent, but the last three have had minor and major continuity flaws. It has really turned me off reading her books altogether, which is sad, because I used to really enjoy them.
  17. It's good to hear from you again.
  18. Research is essential for writing. I've read stories that have had a wrong detail (not a small detail) and it completely ruined any interest in reading further.
  19. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    It is definitely a sad and tragic story, thank you for commenting. Elijah was in a very bad place, true. Poor Tony did the best he could, but he was just a kid too. Thank you for commenting.
  20. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    This is one of my earlier works and I was not very much in HEAs then. Elijah, unfortunately, was too far gone and took his best friend with him. Thanks for reading and commenting.
  21. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks for reading!
  22. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    Several days later, Tony sat on the air mattress, playing his guitar. Their hideout was pretty much a done deal at that point. The air mattress took up most of the room. An ancient folding table held the hurricane lamps, a radio, a deck of cards, and whatever else they happened to need. That stupid wasp nest sat underneath it. This was the first time Tony had come out here without Elijah, but he had needed to get away from his sisters for a few hours, and Elijah hadn’t answered the phone wh
  23. I like King Falls, which is similar to WTNV, though not as...um...odd. Alice Isn't Dead is another good one. And kudos for mentioning The Bright Sessions, which is amazing for representation (Mark is bisexual, which is awesome).
  24. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Very powerful story. I'm glad that Cyril escaped when he did, the level of abuse he was going through was horrifying to read.
  25. CassieQ

    Hurricane Lamps

    This is such a lovely comment, thank you! Elijah and Tony have a strong friendship, but darker times are ahead for both of them. I'm glad you are enjoying it.
×
×
  • Create New...