-
Posts
5,452 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by CassieQ
-
By the time Casey allowed himself to fall asleep, the sun was beginning to creep over the horizon. He had taken Ra's threat about influencing his dreams seriously and had spent the night roaming the dark house, watching infomercials on the television, surfing the net and had even snuck into Roma's room to steal her algebra homework and copy her answers. He felt a small tug of conscience for doing it, but he couldn't focus on anything right now, except the wild story Ra had told him. The unbel
- 19 comments
-
- 26
-
-
-
-
Happy birthday Curti!
-
I'm not huge on settings with my stories, so I usually don't base a story around a certain location. If I did, I would want to at least visit it or talk to someone familiar with the area, depending on how in depth I would be going. I do recall reading about a romance author that was using our campus for one of her novels when I was in college. She was looking for "good make out spots". I remember finding it very funny.
-
One of my favorite quotes is from a podcast I listen to. "Bad times are tough but not tougher than me."--King Falls A.M.
-
Tell your editor they can borrow my computer if it'll result in Ch 25 being posted sooner.
-
I think taking Galen to NYC was a bad call. If he can't handle being alone in a room with the doctor, then taking him to a city packed with people isn't a good idea, and Josh isn't equipped to deal with the effects it might have on Galen. I'm worried that this will set him back in his healing, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
-
Things seem to slowly be looking up for Galen, though I get the feeling his road to recovery will be a long one. Good chapter and interesting to see things from Alannah's perspective.
-
Well, I'm glad that Galen is finding a little bit of comfort, even if it is from his horse. Having Galen not eating really struck a chord with me. I did the same after I lost my apartment in a fire. I just lost more and more weight until I hit double digits. My parents put their foot down and made me see a nutritionist. Hopefully this doctor can help Galen out.
-
Stalking Darkness and Traitor's Moon (Nightrunners 2 & 3)
CassieQ commented on Myr's blog entry in Myr's Corner
I love Stalking Darkness. I think it is the best in the series. -
I never thought of it being Arthurian, that is a neat insight. Definitiely something happening between the three of them as well. I'm glad you are enjoying the story, thank you for the comment!
-
Thank you so much, I'm glad you are liking it!
-
Jesus. These guys need some therapy.
-
Thank you, I'm glad you are liking it! There are more surprises to come and you are quite right, I'm not sure who is more frustrated at this point...Casey or Ra! Thank you for commenting!
-
I'll be that poor sod. Count me in.
-
Classes were hell the next day. Casey was no more awake than he had been the previous day and his British Lit teacher was keeping an extra sharp eye on him after yesterday's mishap. On a positive note, tomorrow was Friday. The whole school was buzzing about Roma’s party, guaranteeing a blow out. Casey thought it would be a good way to keep his mind off his problems. Casey’s plan for that afternoon was to go home, grab a couple of sleeping pills, masturbate until he was exhausted, and s
- 13 comments
-
- 27
-
-
-
-
Luck in the Shadows Book 1 of the Nightrunner Series
CassieQ commented on Myr's blog entry in Myr's Corner
Well, you are 100% correct in your assessment. -
Same
-
Luck in the Shadows Book 1 of the Nightrunner Series
CassieQ commented on Myr's blog entry in Myr's Corner
Also, Alec is adorable, I dare you to disagree with me. -
Great advice as always! I love flawed characters, mostly because I like seeing how they overcome their flaws in a story. Perfect characters falling in love with other perfect characters gets a huge eye roll and sigh of disappointment.
- 14 comments
-
- 6
-
-
- articles
- writing tips
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Luck in the Shadows Book 1 of the Nightrunner Series
CassieQ commented on Myr's blog entry in Myr's Corner
As a person who had read nearly the entire series, I HIGHLY recommend the first three in this series (Luck in the Shadows, Stalking Darkness, and Traitor's Moon). After that it gets...weird. -
I went through a period when my sleep was disturbed as well (no sexy dreams unfortunately ) and it can really mess things up. Your comment about the sleeping pills made me chuckle a little bit though. Maybe Casey is not the only one with sleep issues, huh? Thanks for commenting!
-
Poor Galen. My heart just breaks for him in this chapter.
-
Firstly, I do believe I care for Josh, a little bit, because otherwise I wouldn't find him so incredibly frustrating. I know that you say Josh isn't a bad guy, but he isn't acting like a good guy. The way he dangled the possibility of a relationship in Galen's face at the wedding only to rebuff Galen's advances later on was unbelievably cruel. Josh has hurt Galen again and again by being a spineless coward who isn't willing to fight for Galen the way Galen was willing to fight for him. Now that Galen is broken and hurt, Josh has an opportunity to stand the fuck up and be strong for Galen but instead he is sniveling in the corner and depending on Jody, of all people, for comfort. There is a serious stumbling block in their relationship, but it's Josh, not Roger, who is the problem. BTW, I hope something really really terrible happens to Roger. I like the story and I like the way you write realistic characters with deep flaws but Josh really needs to pull it together, get his head out of his ass, and be the stand up guy that Galen deserves. (I can't remember the last time I was this invested in a story, good job).
