Jump to content
Bot Attack Again ×

sandrewn

Members
  • Posts

    6,523
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sandrewn

  1. We have all had days like that, C'est La Vie . A belated, Happy Birthday Wish to you! Hope your weekend celebration plan(s) work out.🤞 Take care/be happy, sandrewn
  2. ii This is some info from the article that Bill posted. Specifically, the Emerald Ash Borer. The City of Montreal is known for its landscape. More than 200,000 ash trees make up nearly half of the city’s treescape, and one quarter of those (or 50,000 trees) are on public lands. Montreal Increases Pesticide Treatment by 6300% Annually - Eos
  3. PEOPLE vs SPIDERS!! - Funny Scare Compilation PEOPLE vs SPIDERS!! - Funny Scare Compilation - YouTube
  4. I myself stopped counting awhile ago. First heard of in the 1950s(by the odd person). JFYI, I have used a synonym for it on many occasions, gobbledygook. As a final note of interest, there was(is) a board game called.... Baffle Gab | Board Game | BoardGameGeek As a final, final comment, I have never ever used it(nor played the game). I have listened to both the English and American pronunciations of it and have now deleted any and all references I have of it. I think it is time to play the Goldfish card(3 second rule). I beg your pardon, what were we talking about?
  5. sandrewn

    Sesso a tre

    @drpaladin You keep a character chapter count until George converts them? Truth be told, I would of been the first to comment on this chapter, but? It took me awhile to backtrack, find and get a count of all the chapters. So the answer is no.
  6. sandrewn

    Sesso a tre

    Several points to make. You will probably be the only other person who will say ' Boldog Anyák Napját ' today, thank you. You presented, then proposed and/or solved several problems facing Granger and Calvert. You did so without the death/maiming of any crewmen, especially with regards to midshipmen, lieutenants and a certain captain. It has been 113 chapters since you introduced us to Rafael!! I think he holds the record as the longest holdout on our heroes to do/done to list (not that he had such a list???) Well done, Sir. Thank you,
  7. I am sure I did this once before. So I started scrolling backwards and then decided, screw this and started this new one, here goes. To all of you who are ' Wishing you all, A Happy Mother's Day'. To all of our Mothers, still with us ' Wishing you all, A Happy Mother's Day'. To the memory of those who have passed ' Wishing you always, A Happy Mother's Day'. To my Mom, her birthday was May 1, 1024. She would of been 100 years old for this one ' Wishing you forever, A Happy Mother's Day'. sandrewn
      • 4
      • Love
  8. Giant Spider Earrings Spiders. They're not just for creeping you out in dark, dusty corners anymore. Now, thanks to the wonders of fashion innovation, you can sport them as your favorite accessory! These Giant Spider Earrings will Make Your Halloween Outfit Unforgettable!
  9. It is true, the world can change overnight. The first thing I saw tonight was that purple banner. Then I focused on the words and in a blink of the eye, it did. Oh, the sun will still rise in the morning, but I think that when I look up into the heavens tonight, there will be a new star shining down up us. Science says, stars appear to blink due to the Earths' atmosphere. You and I know(believe) it is just Comsie 'Winking at us' from his new home. My second and last thought was forever, GFD. "Fair Winds and Following Seas"
  10. ii ii @Bill W If you click on: Bolas spider – spiderbytes and read/scroll through the article, any and all your questions will be answered. Regards, sandrewn
  11. While there (You Tube) I found this one for us. Cluster of Daddy Longlegs (Harvestmen) - Ajijic, Mexico - YouTube
  12. As I said originally, on this one. He is too young to be considered crazy or stupid. I think he is pretty damn brave, but do advise a different career path going forwards.
  13. This one is a tad late, I only saw this wrap up a few minutes ago. I posted this joke awhile back and thought you might enjoy here.
  14. I totally agree with you. I can think of (at least) 3 times for me. 1 - My very first jump (with parachute) out of a C-130, that first step out, there is no describing it and yes I did qualify and got my jump wings(1975). 2 - Worst sandstorm of the year, Sinai desert, Egypt(1976). Running towards a Canadian jeep and its' 2 man crew stuck in the sand, 100 feet or so, off the road. While I was dashing towards them(about half way in), just above the howling of the wind(and blinding sandstorm), I faintly heard my convoy 2nd in command yelling at me, so I stopped and turned around to look. He and our two Egyptian military guards were screaming, madly jumping up and down/waving their arms. " YOU ARE RUNNING THROUGH A MINE FIELD!!!" I carefully, but quickly followed my fast disappearing tracks back to the road. In case you are wondering, after the storm, sappers were called to get the jeep and crew out. 3 - I owned a computer store. I arrived early as usual. Door bell rang, saw a young man (it was a glass front door). Through the intercom I said we were not open yet. He was only a couple of feet away from me. He pulled out an automatic pistol, pointed it at me and said, open the door or you are dead. So I buzzed him in. Then two more showed up. I was tied up. I still remember after over 20 years the feel of the gun barrel to my forehead and the sound of the hammer being cocked. They put a closed for the day sign on the door. Ransacked the basement and main floor, used my van to haul everything away. "THEY DIDN'T HIDE THEIR FACES", I was sure that I would be killed. Since I am here writing about this, I guess I was wrong. (they were never caught)
  15. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows.
  16. Having admitted to killing (WAAAY)over 145 spiders, we all know that you are living on borrowed time. That the cartoon spider only had six legs, well I don't think anyone involved in the making of this film gives gives a damn!! In fact I am pretty darn sure they are all DEAD! Sorry Charlie, whoops, I mean Bill. Sleep tight, don't let the spiders(ummh, the bed bugs) bite.
  17. You have to admit, that you never know what my searches might bring you. Case in point! The Cobweb Hotel (1936) - YouTube
  18. As soon as I saw today's word my first thought was of Allan Sherman. Why you may well ask? Well, for several reasons. My Hungarian background, my love of Hungarian Goulash, that I have and still play his LP 33 Vinyl record album(that I bought in the sixties) entitled 'My Son the Nut'. Most of the songs on it, were and still are some of my favorites, I think many of you would enjoy hearing them too. But I digress, one song on there is entitled 'Hungarian Goulash'. Give it a listen and at (2:18) all will be revealed. Hungarian Goulash No. 5 - YouTube
  19. I don't think we will have to wait quite that long. Questions are already being asked, but many are taking the 'Fifth' on it.
  20. Entry posted by Myr in Word of the Day 19 hours ago 73 views This particular episode of Star Trek from 1969 really strikes a cord. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_That_Be_Your_Last_Battlefield ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I remember that episode. I remember his face. I remember Batman. I remember the Riddler. Though to be honest, I had forgotten his name, FRANK GORSHIN!! I didn't know that he could sing........ Frank Gorshin - That's The Trouble With Love - YouTube and now that I have heard him sing. I will delete my u-tube copy of it. He will always be the 'Riddler' to me. Did you know??? Batman: All 9 Riddler actors ranked from worst to best rest in peace my friend, (He was and still is my favorite)
  21. Did you know? Peddlers (especially fish merchants) have been called mongers for more than 1000 years. The term traces to a Latin noun meaning "trader." Initially, it was an honorable term, but every profession has its bad apples, and the snake-oil salesmen of the bunch gave monger a bad reputation. By the middle of the 16th century, the term often implied that a merchant was dishonorable and contemptible. Nowadays, monger is typically appended to another word to identify a trader of a particular type. Some combinations (such as fishmonger) suggest respectable commerce, whereas others (such as rumormonger, scandalmonger, and hypemonger) imply that a person is trading or spreading information in a careless or deceptive manner.
  22. Minuscule - Noodle - YouTube Sometimes I just need a chuckle(or 2)
×
×
  • Create New...