-
Posts
2,305 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Fae Briona
-
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
We have a grocery phone app that is nice to use -- except SP forgets about it 80% of the time. -
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Start to my new year has been some sort of respiratory ick. Was out of work on Friday (and probably should have been out Thursday) and yesterday -- and today. High fever, congestion. Blood O2 has been ok, but that's probably because of my inhalers. I really have to go back tomorrow regardless, as I have travel to arrange for 7 faculty candidates [WHY could they not just stick with video interviews; that was SOOOO much easier for Staff] and new computers to order for staff [including me, thankfully]. -
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Wish everyone the best for this new year. -
Last time SP and I were driving by a farm and got that whiff, he complained. I (quite seriously) told him it reminded me of my childhood.
-
I grew up on a farm. The biggest mess wouldn't come from the maids, but from what they're milking. 😁
-
Late to the story, but enjoying the start of it.
-
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
A belated merry Christmas (neither SP nor I was much into it this year, for various reasons -- we didn't even have the tree up, though we did have other decor out) and a very happy New Year! -
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
It's been a long day. When I read that the first time, I read BRAIN and raisin muffins. -
Hmm... so that must mean that there are 4 types of magic -- the regular skwish, and it's "opposite side of the coin" [lets say, counter-skwish], and then Mildred's itch, which presumably has a counter-itch as well. Skwish as the N. pole of magic; itch as the S. pole (or vice-versa). Would love to know if Max is aware of this other pole of magic.
-
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
SP and I both work at University -- so it's a giant petri dish. Last time I told a new nurse where I worked her response was, "Oh. That's like asking one of us." -
Late to this one, but have enjoyed the start. 🙂
-
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Not been on recently. Life/work has been insane. SP and I will be getting our Covid shots today - and him his flu shot. -
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
You will probably not be the only person looking for a new job, if the change in management style was that extreme. Not a good way to start out as a manager. 😟 -
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
That sounds familiar. We're still having days 100+ F -- average high should be around 89 F -
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Heat index hit 119F here yesterday. Just a balmy 111F today. -
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Voltaren does nothing for my knee or hip pain -- but does wonders when the neuropathy in my foot starts to flare up. -
I've not been on the last few weeks, and am heartbroken to log in this morning to find we've lost such a great man and author. You will be missed.
-
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
SP and I both have Monday off, then we took the rest of the week off as well. I (and he) have way too much to get done to really take a full week off, but I'm doing it anyway -- because the alternative is snapping, loosing my 💩, and going off on someone. Too long without a break and way too stressful. Won't be doing too much exciting -- we'll be cleaning out SP's old house to prep it for remodeling so it can be rented. -
A weed is anything that keeps growing when you try to kill it. A plant is anything that dies when you try to make it grow.
-
The nooners involve getting 60% through then being stopped by Lieb waking up. The color blue is prominent in the story.
-
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Not entirely awake this morning yet (a week of rain front after rain front is killing the joints) and I read that first as "mail" 🤔 Staying home today and resting on the couch. -
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I hadn't heard it put like that before, but love that analogy. -
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Lots of love to the three of you. Peaceful or not, it can still be hard to loose a parent -
The Drop in Centre
Fae Briona replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I never get tooth pain -- never. I've literally snapped a tooth in half and not had any pain. Some people say things like, "how lucky", but pain is there for a reason. I've ended up with huge cavities because I simply couldn't tell anything was wrong. I'd love to have some, admittedly small, amount of pain when there is something wrong. Now my gums -- THOSE feel pain and deep cleaning is a <censored>. -
Sometimes, the best thing you can say is to say nothing. Just be there and listen -- truly listen -- without judgement or pity.
