Jump to content

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,154
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. Poem #1 March 30th Today, I put a stuffed penguin in my kitchen window. I read on social media about kids doing a ‘bear hunt’ to ease boredom. I don’t have stuffed bears, but I do have stuffed penguins. It was something to do for ten seconds. I didn’t shower today because I did yesterday and I don’t smell. Yet. I’m wearing my red pajama bottoms from Christmas. The ones with the reindeer with a bowtie around their neck and a wreath around their antlers. I won
  2. April is National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo), and the challenge is to write 30 poems (one per day) throughout the month. This year, I decided to do something a little different. Each day (or every other day, depending on my mood) I will write a 'postcard'--a short poem about my daily dealings with the COVID-19 pandemic. I will also write other poems as the mood (and daily prompts) strike me. I think it will be an interesting exercise to see how the poems change across the course of the month.
  3. Wow! That was incredible! Thanks for sharing. That's one of my all-time favorite songs
  4. Yes, they tend to be hot dogs wrapped in pastry or Crescent rolls. Bacon wrapped sausage? Yes, please! Oooo... I have beer brats and bacon in the freezer... guess I know what's for dinner after I finish off the gallons of soup I made this weekend.
  5. We call them 'pigs in a blanket'
  6. Thanks for letting me know this story had started. OMG that coming out scene... Gotta give his parents credit for trying. I love the dynamic between Ryan and Doug. Great characterization. I really enjoyed this chapter.
  7. One of my favorite meals when I was a kid was beef roast with Yorkshire pudding
  8. Oh those look so good! I've had the small appetizer version, but not a dinner-sized portion. I would imagine you could find pork pies in a British pub here, but they're not a common thing.
  9. Sorry to hear that But it sounds like he'll be safer, even if farther away
  10. Wow... we just had some severe thunderstorms pass through. Thankfully they didn't last long, but now my yard is flooded.
  11. I went shopping this morning. The store was well-stocked with just about everything but cleaning supplies and soap. They have one line for people to line up to check out and put tape on the floor six feet apart so you can stay an appropriate distance away from fellow shoppers. Only one person allowed at the register at a time and you have to stay six feet away from the cashier until you pay. My hands smell of bleach now from sanitizing everything when I got home. I'm pretty well stocked up, so I should only need to buy fresh veggies next week.
  12. I had chicken marinated in Italian seasoning with cauli tots.
  13. And he dishes it right back
  14. Not even instacart? People were doing that here before the pandemic.
  15. He'd probably get it wrapped around his head or something.
  16. A lot of places around here are doing free delivery, especially for seniors. They're also doing curbside pickup. So you pre-order everything and they have it ready for you when you get to the store. It might be a better option than putting yourself at risk with your breathing issues
  17. Can you get them delivered?
  18. A dear friend of mine lives on Long Island and her daughter is sick, most likely with COVID. The soonest they could get her scheduled for a test is Sunday. They almost took her to the ER yesterday because she was short of breath, but were afraid to. My friend and her husband are both high risk. It's a very scary situation.
  19. Yes, it will. Right now, everything is overwhelming. I'm going to use the weekend to get a work space established and also establish a routine. I want to incorporate a daily walk into it, so I can get outside and not feel so cooped up.
  20. Now that I'm working from home, I'm wishing I hadn't disassembled my desk and put it in the garage. I'm currently using TV trays as my desks. One of my goals today is to get some semblance of organization and work on establishing a routine.
×
×
  • Create New...