Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,151
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. Now there's an image
  2. There's more than enough to share with the herd.
  3. I hope your dad is on the mend soon, Steve. I'm glad I could help provide a little bit of relief from the stress. You made me laugh with your description of my brownies. 🙄
  4. I made low carb brownies today. They came out fantastic, although I think next time I'll cook them a couple of minutes longer.
  5. I still need to finish Season 2.
  6. Four new books is called "weekend reading". You need a few more zeros to call it hoarding, and even then, it's a 'library'.
  7. I was told to still report to work on Monday. We're considered medical, so I guess we're considered essential. We're going to attempt to see people via telehealth. Only about half my caseload is willing or has the capability to do so, so we'll see how long it lasts. Things are changing rapidly, so who knows what Monday will bring.
  8. I decided to brave the grocery store today and see if they had any more stock than last time. It wasn't nearly as bad as when I went last Sat, thank goodness. Things were still pretty picked over, but I was able to get some more meat and lots of fresh veg. Thankfully the lines weren't nearly as bad either. It's really windy today, but the temps are nice at almost 70. That will change overnight though. The high is only in the 30s tomorrow. I bought stuff to make lots of soup
  9. I really like the imagery of finding the gemstones among the sand and coal. They're still there, even if we have to search sometimes.
  10. UB Bulls is the University at Buffalo's basketball team. No idea about Albany.
  11. Congratulations! Very well-deserved!
  12. Looks delicious I had steak and cinnamon cauliflower.
  13. We'd been talking about shopping and I mentioned I was low on hand soap and there wasn't any in the store. So now I have a bottle
  14. Well, my work is closing, but not closing. Dayhabs have been mandated to close, but our clinic will stay open and see people on an outpatient basis. The majority of individuals will most likely not be seen though. So far, everyone that's been called has declined to make an appointment. Out of ten people I had scheduled today, I saw one. On a brighter note, today was my student's last day. Most students give me a little gift and thank you card. She gave me a bottle of hand soap
  15. Well the description has me hooked. I'll add it to my reading list. If the agency I work for closes, I'll have plenty of time to read it.
  16. Same here. We've run out supplies at stores before, but only after a lake effect snowstorm has shut down the area for a week.
  17. A few states have done the same. Our county and a lot of municipalities, including the town I live in, have declared a state of emergency. All the schools are closed.
  18. The same thing happens here when we get a big storm. And it sounds like your priorities are just right
  19. I had chicken thighs marinated in hot sauce, and roasted broccoli and cauliflower with tahini sauce.
  20. Good idea. I don't eat a lot of canned stuff either.
  21. It's probably a good idea to stock up in case you find the stores empty. I would say I have enough to last a couple of weeks, but I usually like to stop at the store for things like fresh veggies. I'm not waiting in line for an hour for just a few items though. Now that we have confirmed cases in our area, I'm expecting things to get worse before they get better.
×
×
  • Create New...