Jump to content

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,167
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. Valkyrie

    Bus Crazy

    I saw it on FB and it made me think of this story. I do talk to people in elevators and when I travel on planes, but generally they're the ones starting the conversation.
  2. Valkyrie

    Bus Crazy

    Substitute "bus" for "elevator"
  3. I'm drinking some frozen fog
  4. How are things in Albertville?
  5. It's important for you to take care of yourself also. Seeing the cancer unit shrink is a good idea.
  6. I read that as "frozen frogs" 🐸
  7. Thank you!
  8. Cole Matthews posted a chapter yesterday and Aditus posted a chapter today in our collaboration story, "A Christmas Cookbook". Both days, when I intially looked at the chapter, they were listed as the author of their respective chapters. However, when I looked at them later, it lists me as the author and not them. I'm wondering if this is a glitch or if a setting was changed.
  9. Sweet Men By Aditus Nathan and Drew had just cleared away the dishes from dinner when Nathan pulled out a mixing bowl, a mug, and flour. “What are you doing? Weren’t we going to watch that new show on Netflix?” Drew frowned. “I’m making a sweet man.” Nathan poured some milk in the mug until it was half full and put it into the microwave. “How would you do that? They broke the mold after they made me.” Drew waggled his eyebrows. Nathan rolled his eyes. “Yes, yes you’re on
  10. It's been snowing pretty good here all day and is finally tapering off. Then is supposed to start up again in time to screw up the morning commute. Then we get a reprieve, and next Wed the potential for "significant" lake effect snow.
  11. Cole Matthews was able to post today and he shows up as the author, so that's working great. I have noticed two things, though. 1. Since the change, "An Advent Calendar", which I am a co-author of along with Aditus and Cole Matthews, no longer appears in my story list. It did prior to that. 2 While Cole appears as the author if you click on the chapter, on the Story Update list, it lists me as posting the chapter.
  12. Valkyrie

    The Fruitcake

  13. Valkyrie

    Bus Crazy

    As far as who's 'bus crazy'... maybe a bit of both. It's annoying when people don't get the hint and I think we all understand the urge to blow up at them. I've been in a similar situation and ultimately ended up feeling like the crazy one.
  14. Valkyrie

    Bus Crazy

    These cookies remind me of my absolute all-time favorite cookies. Chocolate almond florentines. There was a pastry chef at my favorite restaurant who made these and it was a Christmas tradition for me and a good friend of mine to go there every year and get prime rib and these florentine cookies for dessert. I'd always order two portions... one to go... and savor each melty bite. Sadly, the restaurant closed, so no more florentines
  15. Bus Crazy By Cole Matthews I was looking at the festive colored street lights and boughs of greenery gracing the side of Nicollet Mall when I heard her for the first time. “Oh. My. God,” she squawked. She being a middle-aged woman with salt and pepper hair done up in a bun. She was turned in her seat and speaking directly to me. I didn’t respond, instead looking at her as patiently as I could muster. “You look just like Russell Tovey,” she announced. I could feel th
  16. Valkyrie

    Beyond the Binary

    Thank you so much
  17. Taylor stepped off the bus and stopped to stare at the towering brick buildings forming the small cityscape of the college campus. They ignored the other travelers who stepped around them, off to their respective destinations. The new student sighed and hoisted their heavy, brown canvas backpack onto their shoulder and headed toward the closest building, map in hand. Taylor’s heart thudded in their chest, although they weren’t sure if it was from anxiety or excitement. Probably both, they d
  18. We have a rain/snow mix at the moment. It's supposed to turn completely to snow overnight and make the morning commute unpleasant.
  19. Valkyrie

    Priority Mail

    You'll have to let me know how it turns out I'm glad you liked it
  20. Valkyrie

    Priority Mail

    Thank you so much. Your autumn soup sounds really good.
  21. Valkyrie

    Priority Mail

    I'm glad you liked it The nice thing about recipes is that they're usually pretty easy to adapt to individual tastes and preferences. I hope you and mum enjoy it as much as I do.
  22. Valkyrie

    Priority Mail

    Thank you so much One of my BFFs is a mail carrier and this story was inspired by her dedication to her job. The events are completely fictional, though.
  23. Valkyrie

    Priority Mail

×
×
  • Create New...